12105379 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12505136 - 11/16/17 05:40 AM Bass Boat carpet cleaning
Okie Poke Online   happy
TFF Guru

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
How many of you do this on a regular basis, say once a year or every other year? Today, I'm doing the thorough clean job....

1) Vaccum carpet for loose stuff
2) Hose it down
3) Apply soap and scrub it down with brush
4) Rinse with high pressure hose

I usually will take it to detail shop but it seems like they never get the carpet clean and looking somewhat new again. Today, I'm going all out and when I'm done, I'll know it was done right. Then, hopefully, I won't have to walk into the garage and it smell like fish, haha! I guess what prompted this my wife asked if I have left fish in the livewells, cause that's what it smells like when she walks by the boat.... noidea

#12505182 - 11/16/17 06:42 AM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Justin, TX
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
How many of you do this on a regular basis, say once a year or every other year? Today, I'm doing the thorough clean job....

2) Hose it down

I usually will take it to detail shop but it seems like they never get the carpet clean and looking somewhat new again. Today, I'm going all out and when I'm done, I'll know it was done right. Then, hopefully, I won't have to walk into the garage and it smell like fish, haha! I guess what prompted this my wife asked if I have left fish in the livewells, cause that's what it smells like when she walks by the boat.... noidea

Wait...what?

Your boat smells like fish? How did that happen? grin j/k!

Yep, I do mine at least once a year. Letting a good hard rain do the lion's share has always helped too.

#12505183 - 11/16/17 06:43 AM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
SteezMacQueen Online   sleepy
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Red Oak, Galveston, and Pagosa...
Take it to Cartoys and let them use a hot water extraction technique on it. Works very well and looks like new when they are done.

Or do like me.....fish in the rain.

#12505232 - 11/16/17 07:27 AM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
the skipper Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: nederland, TX
A car wash can do really good also. I do the hand scrub and clean also

#12505259 - 11/16/17 07:47 AM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: bigfishtx]
Okie Poke Online   happy
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: bigfishtx

2) Hose it down

Wait...what?

Your boat smells like fish? How did that happen? grin j/k!

Yep, I do mine at least once a year. Letting a good hard rain do the lion's share has always helped too.

Why ya gotta be so mean?

#12505272 - 11/16/17 08:00 AM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: San Diego, Ca/ Sanger, Tx

2) Hose it down

What did RR do to your carpet?

#12505455 - 11/16/17 10:16 AM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
Legend LE-195 Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Hill county
Just a warning, soap can make some carpet glue fail, so can a pressure washer, not saying it will happen but it could. I just soak it and vacuum it, some will us a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water in a spray bottle for cleaning. You want it really clean heard of some guys having zerorez carpeting cleaning do it, no soap.

#12505622 - 11/16/17 12:21 PM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Mike Keenan]
Okie Poke Online   happy
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

2) Hose it down

What did RR do to your carpet?

Nothing....just needed the fish smell out of it.

#12505651 - 11/16/17 12:53 PM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
Txduckhunter Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Lake Fork
Woolite - mixed in a spray bottle. Apply to damp carpet, brush in and flood out with water.
Do mine at least once a year.

Edited by Txduckhunter (11/16/17 12:53 PM)

#12505994 - 11/16/17 06:22 PM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
Okie Poke Online   happy
TFF Guru

Got it done today with soap and water. Looks great and much improved. Another thing that I didn't know that soap and water and scrub brush cleans the bottom white milky looking stuff on your engine cover clean as a whistle. I didn't think that would come off. I'm happy.

#12506023 - 11/16/17 06:42 PM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
beartrap Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: south georgia
here's what I've been doing for years and it's worked pretty good...take it to the car wash......give it a good vaccuming with their machine...then give it a good cleaning using the soap pressure washing wand.....don't hold it too close...about 10 inches should be about right.....rinse it good then when you get home,give it another rinse with your garden hose....if it's not raining,leave your boat outside to dry with the nose propped up....

repeat this procedure about 3 times if you ever pull your boat down that road to the tiger creek launch ramp on falcon....

#12506112 - 11/16/17 07:38 PM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
junk baits Offline
Angler

Loc: Keller, Texas
Got it done today with soap and water. Looks great and much improved. Another thing that I didn't know that soap and water and scrub brush cleans the bottom white milky looking stuff on your engine cover clean as a whistle. I didn't think that would come off. I'm happy.

FYI-----soft scrub in a bottle from store, wash cloth and water hose will make it look like brand new. removes all the calcium build up.

#12506178 - 11/16/17 08:38 PM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
Ken A. Online   content
TFF Guru

Loc: Trophy Club, TX

Tom, mix some Downy fabric softener in some water and pour it on the carpet after you get it clean. Then rinse it with water. Vacuum out excess water then let it dry.

Downy separates the carpet fibers and makes it look new again. It works well.

#12506211 - 11/16/17 09:00 PM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
K.D. Online   content
TFF Guru

Loc: Hurst, TX
Marked for future reference

#12506424 - 11/17/17 01:40 AM Re: Bass Boat carpet cleaning [Re: Okie Poke]
CAbaylor2014 Offline
Angler

Loc: Waco, TX
I mix Bissell carpet cleaner with water in a spray bottle and liberally spray it on the carpet after wetting it with a hose. "Shout" laundry stain remover works well if you have any blood stains on the deck too. I then scrub it with a stiff bristle brush, then rinse with a hose again and finish with a shop vac. Best thing I have found, but it does require a lot of elbow grease.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2018 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide