Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Honey Hole [Re: Mark Jones] #12505910 11/16/17 11:17 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I believe he was talking about during the show. I found it odd that Bill didn't reference the change.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Honey Hole [Re: forkduc] #12506219 11/17/17 03:05 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: forkduc
I believe he was talking about during the show. I found it odd that Bill didn't reference the change.

Those shows were shot in September and I made the decision to shut down FOX in October. Not odd, they just didn't know at the time.

Re: Honey Hole [Re: PAULS] #12506425 11/17/17 07:46 AM
L
Longeye Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
About the most over rated fishing show ever. Next to Bill Dance fishing in his private stocked tanks selling lures and deceiving people by the millions.

Re: Honey Hole [Re: Longeye] #12506427 11/17/17 08:27 AM
D
Devil Horse Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Longeye
About the most over rated fishing show ever. Next to Bill Dance fishing in his private stocked tanks selling lures and deceiving people by the millions.

^^^^this

I liked it though when the late Jerry Deen was hosting

Re: Honey Hole [Re: Longeye] #12506438 11/17/17 10:41 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Strictly your opinion, not a fact. There are thousands including myself who would disagree with you. You never once heard Bill promote or mention a brand of anything, not even the boat he was in. Loved the show and Bill was special as a fisherman and as a man.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Honey Hole [Re: Longeye] #12506467 11/17/17 11:42 AM
west tex angler Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler

I signed up yesterday for the 2017 shows and will continue to be a "customer".
I have spent a lot of money hiring guides to show me the area lakes and give me some tips, but Bill can do the same thing on video for a lot less money.
Bill is a good host of the show. He's not "full of himself" like some other show hosts and he doesn't try to sell anything but fishing knowledge.
I hope you guys stick around a long time.
Good Luck

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: Honey Hole [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12506642 11/17/17 02:54 PM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Strictly your opinion, not a fact. There are thousands including myself who would disagree with you. You never once heard Bill promote or mention a brand of anything, not even the boat he was in. Loved the show and Bill was special as a fisherman and as a man.

I agree with The Aggie in theory. But come on... let's not make things up. Yeah, he's not like Barry touting the "21 foot Nitro", the "22 foot Mako", or "19 foot Tracker", but when bill got Talons, it was all he talked about for the entire spring. LOL. He even made fun of himself at one point for doing it.

Bubble Fry...

Carbonlite Rods (though not over the top). HumminBird... yes, he was a salesman, just nonchalant and less "carnival barker".

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Honey Hole [Re: Longeye] #12506744 11/17/17 03:59 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Ridiculous comment about both Bill's...

Re: Honey Hole [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12506745 11/17/17 03:59 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

thumb

Re: Honey Hole [Re: west tex angler] #12506748 11/17/17 04:00 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: west tex angler

I signed up yesterday for the 2017 shows and will continue to be a "customer".
I have spent a lot of money hiring guides to show me the area lakes and give me some tips, but Bill can do the same thing on video for a lot less money.
Bill is a good host of the show. He's not "full of himself" like some other show hosts and he doesn't try to sell anything but fishing knowledge.
I hope you guys stick around a long time.
Good Luck

cheers

Re: Honey Hole [Re: David Burton] #12506767 11/17/17 04:10 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: David Burton

I agree with The Aggie in theory. But come on... let's not make things up. Yeah, he's not like Barry touting the "21 foot Nitro", the "22 foot Mako", or "19 foot Tracker", but when bill got Talons, it was all he talked about for the entire spring. LOL. He even made fun of himself at one point for doing it.

Bubble Fry...

Carbonlite Rods (though not over the top). HumminBird... yes, he was a salesman, just nonchalant and less "carnival barker".

I find it interesting that fishermen love watching fishing shows but then disrespect the shows and their hosts for assisting in the promotion of the product and services of those very brands that are paying to support the content producers and provide these options for the viewers.

We've been very clear since we've owned the show that being profitable was the objective. We've worked hard in a tough sponsorship environment to garner partners and keep the show in the black while meeting our obligations/deliverables to those partners. With the move to strictly VOD, we will have minimal obligations and no commercials so perhaps that will suit those complaining about it, assuming they buy the VOD.

I think Bill does a good job at striking a balance between meeting those obligations and simply being real. To be clear "Bubble Fry or the companies making them" have never been a paying sponsor, much to my chagrin...

Re: Honey Hole [Re: Mark Jones] #12506787 11/17/17 04:20 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
Originally Posted By: David Burton

Bubble Fry...

I find it interesting that fishermen love watching fishing shows but then disrespect the shows and their hosts for assisting in the promotion of the product and services of those very brands that are paying to support the content producers and provide these options for the viewers.

We've been very clear since we've owned the show that being profitable was the objective. We've worked hard in a tough sponsorship environment to garner partners and keep the show in the black while meeting our obligations/deliverables to those partners. With the move to strictly VOD, we will have minimal obligations and no commercials so perhaps that will suit those complaining about it, assuming they buy the VOD.

I think Bill does a good job at striking a balance between meeting those obligations and simply being real. To be clear "Bubble Fry or the companies making them" have never been a paying sponsor, much to my chagrin...

You tell hime Jonesy! This guy (and all those like him) would give their left nut to have a TV show and have someone ask his opinions on fishing items and techniques. "They" are always the first to criticize and the first to be an "expert" at fishing "on-line", when in reality most do not know sh** from shinola ...

LMAO thumb clap bolt

#MFGA
Re: Honey Hole [Re: PAULS] #12506790 11/17/17 04:23 PM
D
Dabaker421 Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Why disrespect the host for promoting a sponsor? That is also their job! and 99% of the ones talking [censored] would be doing the same dang thing given the opportunity! This year was the first year I watched the show, and it quickly became a favorite. I thought Bill did a great job and all of the tips he gave was a HUGE bonus. When was the last time you have seen a host show the exact spots he was fishing on the graph? Yes, Bill Dance fishes all private ponds but that hasn't changed in 30 years. VOD subscription is in my future and loyalty to boot. Good job Mark, Bill and everyone else that makes Honey Hole happen.

fish on.

Keep on keepin' on
Re: Honey Hole [Re: PAULS] #12506802 11/17/17 04:29 PM
S
SoCal Tom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I partially see the posters point. Some shows have gone from entertainment to almost infomercial. Shaw Grigsby is a great example. When you are taking 3-5 minutes of content out every week to talk about your boat manufacturer, it got old fast. I NEVER saw Bill in that light. If he didn't say what bait he was catching fish on, he would have gotten beat up for not providing enough information. I loved the show and enjoyed talking to Bill when I got the chance. He was never shy about sharing his knowledge which was wide and varied. Best of luck with the VOD Mark. cheers

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: Honey Hole [Re: PAULS] #12506815 11/17/17 04:38 PM
S
Slade Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Its a great show, and I love the down home feel. Other fishing shows are ok, but this one is the best IMO, and Bill is an awesome fishermen and seems like a great, down to earth kind of guy

PB 10.58 Joe Pool

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide