What suppose to be doesn't always work out. The Fall pattern can be some of the worst fishing there is. Bass are totally zeroed in on the bait. It is very hard to convince one that the artificial bait is the real ticket. Each lake is different more so during this time period. With the turn overs of the lakes thrown in it can be very discouraging. Keep moving, leave Pool and try another.
This is the time of year that I would always learn the far reaches of creeks and river systems. Changing to a smaller boat and finding access to the upper system way back in the bottom lands was always fun. It is a great adventure to experience the feeder systems that eventually work their way to the lake. If you can find access at a road crossing a few miles up the rivers and feeder creeks it will be very productive. You must be farther enough up the system to be in heavily wooded forest. You will find that the lake basin is usually dirty and silted in shallow water. Once you are way up that system the water gets beautiful, deeper and will be holding Bass that do not have all that bait as the bait fish has not reached to those areas.
I have won almost every tournament during the late Fall up these systems. Pre-fishing those in a smaller boat will help you prepare for them.
- As you fish toward the lake you learn the spots.
- You learn how to get in to those systems from the lake. You may not be able to trailer.
- It is still not easy as you will find a 100 yard stretch holding big fish then nothing for half a mile.
- Target all lay-downs off the bank. Big trees that Beaver have cut and those that the wind has blown into the river from a undercut bank.
- Run a small spinner bait down all sides of the lay-downs then move in with a Trig. Black/Blue Tail Lizard in 5". Smaller is better up those systems.
Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success. www.eletewater.com
- Staying Hydratedwww.lakeoviachic.com
- Booking Mexico Trips
Shallow Water Mapping - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic