12253476 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#12486520 - 10/31/17 07:15 PM Bump Station and State length requirements
CubbyObrien Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Ft. worth
Hey All,

Just a quick reminder to check your measuring boards against the ones used by the tournament at the bump station. There were numerous short fish brought in this weekend at Lewisville and every fish turned away was well short of the required 14". This is important for many reasons, one being that its a state law and enforceable if violated. The students fish to hard to take a possible deduction if brought to weigh-in and found to be short as well as the fact that there is a law violation. Doesn't matter whether you agree with the law or not, its not a THSBA rule alone, we follow what the law states on this. Several excuses were given; "My board showed it to be 14", "my board is bent" and the best was "well your board is wrong". Either way, we go by the boards at the bump station and there is a courtesy board ahead of the bump station for you to check the fish, if you are not sure.
Also, please make sure you have all of the required equipment in your boat. In the event that you are one of the teams in the running, you don't want to jeopardize your place by not being prepared for the boat inspection.

A link to the TPWD page with the fishing regulations is below.

TPW LINKS .

#12490396 - 11/03/17 08:35 AM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: CubbyObrien]
milkfisher Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: DFW
THSBA is still using The Nameplate board...correct?

#12490405 - 11/03/17 08:41 AM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: milkfisher]
C130 Offline
Angler

Loc: Magnolia, TX
Originally Posted By: milkfisher
THSBA is still using The Nameplate board...correct?

That's what their website states under the rules and "short fish" section. Anyone know where/if you can buy these at local stores? I went to their website but last time I looked it showed 2-3 weeks before shipping.

#12490409 - 11/03/17 08:44 AM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: CubbyObrien]
milkfisher Offline
Pro Angler

http://store.nameplate.com

I ordered one. It said it will arrive in 1-2 weeks. They are in Dallas. Iím sure you could pick one up.

#12491124 - 11/03/17 05:31 PM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: CubbyObrien]
CubbyObrien Offline
Pro Angler

In the event you donít have the same board, check yours against the one used by the TD at the event you are fishing. It is always a good practice to do this at any tournament you fish due to other trails using different boards. I work the Graoevine series trail with Scott Gordan and I see anglers compare their board to ours all the time just to make sure prior to rolling out. This is a good habit to have exspecially on a slot lake.

#12502760 - 11/13/17 08:52 PM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: milkfisher]
milkfisher Offline
Pro Angler

I ordered one. It said it will arrive in 1-2 weeks. They are in Dallas. Iím sure you could pick one up.

Arrived 7 days after ordering. Compared to the ruler in my skeeter Iím not impressed. Thinner metal, graphics/lettering werenít deep at all. Additionally, one of these boards is not bent to a true 90 degree Andre. Havenít checked to see which one it is but they are a full 16th of an inch different.

#12502808 - 11/13/17 09:42 PM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: CubbyObrien]
toofy Offline
Angler

Loc: Fort Worth
Are there really rulers out there where an inch is not really an inch? How hard can it be?

#12503199 - 11/14/17 10:21 AM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: toofy]
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Lake Fork
Originally Posted By: toofy
Are there really rulers out there where an inch is not really an inch? How hard can it be?

Yes there are and apparently, it can be pretty hard.

Step on a board and bend it and you can cause it to read "off", which can get you a ticket or a DQ. Some boards read different than others, maybe a bad run from the factory or just the difference between two different companies.
Either way, this thread was put out there to let you know that you need to compare YOUR board to the "official" board the tournament uses to know where you measure up. It's not rocket science.

#12504944 - 11/15/17 08:30 PM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: milkfisher]
CubbyObrien Offline
Pro Angler

This is a good example of why you run your board up on the board used by the TD. There are allot of tournament trails that use different boards so checking will keep you out of trouble at the bump station. The one at the bump station is pretty thick 1/4 maybe? I would call the company and see what they will do for ya.

Arrived 7 days after ordering. Compared to the ruler in my skeeter Iím not impressed. Thinner metal, graphics/lettering werenít deep at all. Additionally, one of these boards is not bent to a true 90 degree Andre. Havenít checked to see which one it is but they are a full 16th of an inch different.

#12504967 - 11/15/17 09:01 PM Re: Bump Station and State length requirements [Re: milkfisher]
Ken Starling Online   happy
Extreme Angler

Loc: lake tawakoni
I would contact them, the ones we have are as thick as the prorule that are in my Skeeter as well.Something doesnít sound right. Not sure what happened

© 1998-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide