So I get to the water yesterday, drop the trolling motor and nothing happens, just dead. checked connections, unplugged-replugged, everything seems fine. Got back on shore and did the following. FYI 2000 Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175, original trolling motor that came on the boat.
- Checked battery connection (but everything else in the boat works fine electrically)
- Using digital multimeter checked the battery posts, good to go.
- Pulled each fuse and checked continuity, good to go.
- Turned on my lights and checked amps at the fuse, good to go.
- Turned trolling motor on continuous and checked all fuses (don't know which fuse is TM), no power.
- Checked for power at the plug of the TM, no power.
I am thinking the problem is the switch on the foot pedal where your foot presses to engage power. I am thinking
a.) remove the red and black going into that switch and check continuity of just the switch when it's engaged (that would tell me if the switch is busted right?)
b.) hard wire something to the TM plug on the bow, and see if power gets to it, confirming the problem to be in the actual unit.
Any other thoughts? Or experience with the same issue?
There are no fish in sonic pond EDIT: Except 1 20lb catfish