Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted By: JayC41
Originally Posted By: butch sanders
expert on everything

FYI my brother is a true mud engineer here is what is used in drilling mud if you had done any research you would have known like the rest of us its not mud anyway. Drilling mud is usually made out of volcanic ash as you can see in the link below and you could have found with any search engine on any web page. Yes its called drilling mud but its not made from actual mud. LOL WOW

I use to run rigs and drill on top of everything else MR smart BUTT TROLL and you can quit following me around the TFF with your dumb A%s comments

Potassium bentonite[edit]
Also known as potash bentonite or K-bentonite, potassium bentonite is a potassium-rich illitic clay formed from alteration of volcanic ash.[8]

Drilling mud[edit]
Bentonite is used in drilling fluids to lubricate and cool the cutting tools, to remove cuttings, and to help prevent blowouts.[2] Much of bentonite's usefulness in the drilling and geotechnical engineering industry comes from its unique rheological properties. Relatively small quantities of bentonite suspended in water form a viscous, shear-thinning material. Most often, bentonite suspensions are also thixotropic, although rare cases of rheopectic behavior have also been reported. At high enough concentrations (about 60 grams of bentonite per litre of suspension), bentonite suspensions begin to take on the characteristics of a gel (a fluid with a minimum yield strength required to make it move). So, it is a common component of drilling mud used to curtail drilling fluid invasion by its propensity for aiding in the formation of mud cake.

But what about the frac mud?

or you serious?

Look at my sig and profile, then ask yourself that question again.

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: Ghost4BH] #12471851 10/20/17 12:45 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
your sig doesn't answer the question does it. You are the one who ask what about Frac mud.

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12471861 10/20/17 12:50 AM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
your sig doesn't answer the question does it. You are the one who ask what about Frac mud.

Never mind, guy....

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: bluecatlakerat] #12471862 10/20/17 12:51 AM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Back on topic. An elk hunt looks like it would be an awesome time, have fun!

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: bluecatlakerat] #12471871 10/20/17 12:55 AM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
yeah that would be a great hunt
i am thinking you better be ready for some hard work
after the shot

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: tx_basser] #12471875 10/20/17 12:55 AM
F
Frenzy Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: tx_basser
Elk hunting in Colorado is difficult... I just started last year and figure it will be a couple of more years before I get it figured out and connect with one. Don't want to do the "Guided" hunt some have chosen to do, and have someone find an animal for me and just tell me to shoot it. This is a bucket list item for me, so would rather not Just Pay Someone to accomplish it for me.

Try Idaho.

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: Ghost4BH] #12471883 10/20/17 01:00 AM
J
Jon Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J

or you serious?

Are or your kidding?

Jay C41 is making reference to some stuff posted yesterday or day before about frac mud.
I'm purty sure both you guys are on the same page but for some reason things are not clicking.
I think a referral back to the now locked frac mud post would show that.

or maybe both you guys in the actual industry are FOS and don't know what your talking about. roflmao
My money is that you both know exactly what you're talking about and are both correct.
Sometimes sarcasm, facetious, joking or whatever you call it doesn't come across clear on the printed words like it would in person and drinking some coldbeers.

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: bluecatlakerat] #12471886 10/20/17 01:01 AM
R
ringer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
921-that is a great muley! I would tell you that if you are smarter than the elk you can kill them close to trails. I had two buddies kill a 6x6 and a 7x7 off the same waterhole and not a mile from a trail this year. Camo up, shower every night, go out at 3am and get into an oak thicket and shut up and listen. I have had mountain lion and wolves within a hundred yards so they are out there but just appreciate seeing them. Hoping for one more bull before my old a$$ gives up the ghost.

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: Jon] #12471890 10/20/17 01:04 AM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Jon

or you serious?

Are or your kidding?

Jay C41 is making reference to some stuff posted yesterday or day before about frac mud.
I'm purty sure both you guys are on the same page but for some reason things are not clicking.
I think a referral back to the now locked frac mud post would show that.

or maybe both you guys in the actual industry are FOS and don't know what your talking about. roflmao
My money is that you both know exactly what you're talking about and are both correct.
Sometimes sarcasm, facetious, joking or whatever you call it doesn't come across clear on the printed words like it would in person and drinking some coldbeers.

Maybe I should have used the sarcasm font

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: ringer] #12471907 10/20/17 01:13 AM
J
Jon Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: ringer

Muzzy elk in NM.

921-that is a great muley! I would tell you that if you are smarter than the elk you can kill them close to trails. I had two buddies kill a 6x6 and a 7x7 off the same waterhole and not a mile from a trail this year. Camo up, shower every night, go out at 3am and get into an oak thicket and shut up and listen. I have had mountain lion and wolves within a hundred yards so they are out there but just appreciate seeing them. Hoping for one more bull before my old a$$ gives up the ghost.

Ringer, that is my wish for you too!! that is a great bull you got there in that pic. Sure sounds like you know how to put in the work and what it takes for the possibility to make it happen. One more bull would be some real icing on the cake. Hope it happens for you!! thumb

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12471910 10/20/17 01:14 AM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
expert on everything

FYI my brother is a true mud engineer here is what is used in drilling mud if you had done any research you would have known like the rest of us its not mud anyway. Drilling mud is usually made out of volcanic ash as you can see in the link below and you could have found with any search engine on any web page. Yes its called drilling mud but its not made from actual mud. LOL WOW

I use to run rigs and drill on top of everything else MR smart BUTT TROLL and you can quit following me around the TFF with your dumb A%s comments

Also known as potash bentonite or K-bentonite, potassium bentonite is a potassium-rich illitic clay formed from alteration of volcanic ash.[8]

Drilling mud[edit]
Bentonite is used in drilling fluids to lubricate and cool the cutting tools, to remove cuttings, and to help prevent blowouts.[2] Much of bentonite's usefulness in the drilling and geotechnical engineering industry comes from its unique rheological properties. Relatively small quantities of bentonite suspended in water form a viscous, shear-thinning material. Most often, bentonite suspensions are also thixotropic, although rare cases of rheopectic behavior have also been reported. At high enough concentrations (about 60 grams of bentonite per litre of suspension), bentonite suspensions begin to take on the characteristics of a gel (a fluid with a minimum yield strength required to make it move). So, it is a common component of drilling mud used to curtail drilling fluid invasion by its propensity for aiding in the formation of mud cake.

But what about the frac mud?

or you serious? Their is no such thing as frac mud. Their is drilling mud that is used during the drilling process to lift cutting and control well by weight. then their is frac sand and it is actually sand they flow into the formation to help prop formation. The word mud is really just a name they don't actually use mud. The mud would dry out and stick drilling pipe and you will have a lost well. The drilling fluids which is the other name which is used, is real slick to help everything flow to surface, so it will not dry out and cake up to stick pipe.

Man....you've really come out of the closet lately. They don't have any forums in Wyoming?

Asking for Basshook'em

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: Moto-Moto] #12471919 10/20/17 01:19 AM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Moto-Moto

Asking for Basshook'em

He was a great American

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: Ghost4BH] #12471922 10/20/17 01:19 AM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Moto-Moto

Asking for Basshook'em

He was a huge dbag.

Yup

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: ringer] #12471973 10/20/17 01:43 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

do they smell soap?
white tail hunting
i have seen a bobcat
chase a butterfly for 30 minutes
it was incredible

Re: Elk Hunt [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12471977 10/20/17 01:45 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
expert on everything

Drilling mud[edit]

why would you think i was talking about you?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide