12280148 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12463514 - 10/12/17 05:18 PM Theft at Sheldon today
CypressTXBass Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Cypress, Texas
Got to Sheldon at about 10 am this morning and left at 3:00. Somewhere between there some kind soul in dire need of a spare wheel and tire for a Skeeter trailer cut my lock and helped them self to mine. Filed a police report. There were a couple of guys just standing on the ramp looking out at the lake when I pulled the boat back up to the shore. I figure they were lookouts for one of the other various guys in trucks just sitting in the parking lot. Too bad because I enjoy fishing Sheldon but it's not worth the hassle. Hope they get theirs one of these days.

Anyone have any better ideas for securing spare? Something thief proof?

#12463580 - 10/12/17 06:36 PM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
ChanceHuiet Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Liberty
That place is ridiculously bad about thefts. I came in one day and tailgate on my truck was gone. Buddy had his window busted out but nothing came up missing cuz nothing was left in it to take.

#12463760 - 10/12/17 09:04 PM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
PaPa@fork Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: Lake Fork
slinger hung

#12463773 - 10/12/17 09:15 PM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
Kicker16 Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Lake Conroe/Willis
That suks

#12463808 - 10/12/17 09:41 PM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: PaPa@fork]
Gamblinman Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Yantis, TX
Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork
slinger hung

Too good for them. Tie them to the back of a truck and drag them.

#12463980 - 10/13/17 07:13 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
bassmanrudy Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Bossier City, LA
mad

fn tie em to your boat and pull em til they drown and then cut em loose and let the turtles eat!! hate thieves...

#12463989 - 10/13/17 07:31 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
Kisndismis Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Kingwood, TX
Comes and goes, I have read more good reports of fishing there recently than bad theft reports. Location totally sucks. Recall last time I went I had a guy pull truck up for me ( by myself) he left passenger window all the way down, truck sat there for 4 hours with my pistol ( locked) in console. Lesson learned, not sure you can possess one on Sheldon anyway so I will leave at home next time. Dont bother calling them telling them to improve it, they are more intereseted in bird habitat over there than anything. They could care less about fisherman.

#12464025 - 10/13/17 08:05 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
beartrap Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: south georgia
for years Guntersville has had reputation for theft....heard this from couple sources so probably is true....years ago couple guys were fishing out of one the more remote ramps and when they got back,their trailer tires had been stolen...
they got new tires/rims and went back to same ramp couple weeks later...launched their boat,parked truck,idled down the bank til they were out of sight of the ramp...they beached their boat and walked back to the ramp with shotguns in hand....they hid in the woods and waited...couple hours after they got there, a car with three guys in it cruised through parking lot,jumped out and when they began loosening lug nuts on the trailer,guys in the woods opened up on them with birdshot....
guy that told me the story said that stopped the ramp stealing for several years....

#12464043 - 10/13/17 08:19 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: beartrap]
T-racer Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: Melissa/Grand Prairie, Tx
Originally Posted By: beartrap
for years Guntersville has had reputation for theft....heard this from couple sources so probably is true....years ago couple guys were fishing out of one the more remote ramps and when they got back,their trailer tires had been stolen...
they got new tires/rims and went back to same ramp couple weeks later...launched their boat,parked truck,idled down the bank til they were out of sight of the ramp...they beached their boat and walked back to the ramp with shotguns in hand....they hid in the woods and waited...couple hours after they got there, a car with three guys in it cruised through parking lot,jumped out and when they began loosening lug nuts on the trailer,guys in the woods opened up on them with birdshot....
guy that told me the story said that stopped the ramp stealing for several years....
YEE YEE BROTHER flag

#12464102 - 10/13/17 09:15 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
BMCD Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Katy, Texas US
Bait boat, or bait truck and trailer, lets set up a sting to bust these guys.

#12464137 - 10/13/17 09:37 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
TexanTiger Offline
Outdoorsman

I had my transom savor and straps stolen several months ago out the back of my truck, and 2 months ago they stole my spare tire off my trailer as well

#12464207 - 10/13/17 10:21 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
Kisndismis Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Kingwood, TX
I wish they would bust a couple has to be same guys doing it. But catching them is local PDs job. I am all for them getting caught and would love to sit in the backseat of my truck and put a dbl barrel 12guage in ones nose.......but that falls into the category of not worth going to jail or the risk of injury...over a trailer tire or transom saver.

Edited by Kisndismis (10/13/17 10:21 AM)

#12464685 - 10/13/17 05:30 PM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: beartrap]
dk2429 Offline
Angler

Loc: Pearland, TX

Should have aimed right at them and pulled the trigger.. 3 less thieves to deal with...

#12464721 - 10/13/17 06:19 PM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: dk2429]
beartrap Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: south georgia
Originally Posted By: dk2429

Should have aimed right at them and pulled the trigger.. 3 less thieves to deal with...

guy telling me about it got the story from one of the shooters.....he said there was some "hollering and squalling" from the thieves and some blistered paint and pock marked glass on the getaway car....

#12465357 - 10/14/17 09:48 AM Re: Theft at Sheldon today [Re: CypressTXBass]
eyeball Offline
Outdoorsman

Sounds like fishermen need to start putting out a plot watcher camera in a hidden spot from some ditance away.

Teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat all day and drink beer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide