The Dallas Fly Fishers just sent out this notice.

Each year they host a series of fly tying classes at the Allen Cabela's. The format uses multiple instructors and each will tie their own fly pattern ranging from beginning level to more advanced patterns and techniques. This is an excellent opportunity to learn to tie your own flies or to become a better fly tyer. These sessions usually attract a few very talented fly tyers that can help even advanced level students. These classes are open to anyone that wants to attend and I recommend them to anyone in the area.

I plan to help with some of these sessions again this year, but I will not be able to attend the first one. Stop by and say hello if you are able to participate.

(Hey, tools and vises will be available, but I encourage you to bring your own if you have them.)

Hello Dallas Fly Fishers
I hope you are all ready to kick off the fall fishing season with our annual fly tying classes at the Allen Cabela's on Tuesday nights in October from 6 pm to close (you can arrive late at any time and still have a chance to tie)
There will be instructors for beginners that have never tied a fly.
There will be instructors for intermediate tiers.
There will be expert instructors for competition level flies.
There will probably be 6 tables that you can move around between.
DFF will provide equipment and materials, so all you need to do is show up.
There is a student charge of $5 per class or $15 for all 4 classes to cover the cost of materials.
Visitors are welcome, so bring a friend.
Ladies are some of the best tiers and are encouraged to come.
Boy and Girl Scouts and teenagers are welcome.
We have some of the best tiers in the country as instructors.
The instructors know all the patterns that catch fish in Texas and will show you how to tie them
We meet in the Allen Cabela's conference room.

Fly Fishers International certified casting instructor
TFO Rods pro staff