It's a fun time!
Hi all!! Share this with your friends. It's always fun and a lot of good fellowship!!
Paul Casperson, owner of Willow Springs Marina, is once again graciously going to furnish a BBQ lunch after the weigh in!!
Hope all can make it.
There will be a 6OG fish fry in November. If you do not want the fish you catch during this tournament, I'll have an ice chest there you can throw your catch in and I'll clean them and save them for the fry!!
2017 Fall Six Old Geezers Striper / Sand Bass Tournament October 7
Willow Springs Marina, Mead OKhttp://sixoldgeezers.forumchitchat.com/
The purpose of the tournament is primarily for fellowship. Getting to know one another and having a good time is the goal. It ain’t about heroes.
Since the lake has undergone changes due to flooding, the number of large fish is lower than usual. To make this event more competitive, five (5) fish maximum can be weighed by each contestant; however no fish over 22” in length can be presented for weigh in. Remember the lake’s two-over 20” regulation.
Each person fishing shall pay a $10 entry fee.
You can sign up before the tournament by:
Mailing a check to Joe McKlemurry at 89 Frazier Oaks Road Pottsboro, TX 75076
Or registering with Axman at Willow Springs prior to 7 p.m. the day before the tournament
Or before 6:30 a.m. on tournament day (Axman will be at the launch ramp until 7 a.m.)
Rods and reels shall be used. Live bait, artificial lures, trolling etc. are all allowed.
Tournament payout is 100%. Top three weights will receive cash prizes. No monies are retained for the 6OG site or for Willow Springs Marina.
Winners will be individuals; NOT teams Each person must keep their fish marked or separated in some manner
There will be a big fish pot for fish over 22 inches. $25 per person. Axman will handle the money.
HOWEVER no big fish are to be brought in for a weigh in. Each fisherman should carry a small card with "Oct 7 2017" written on it. The fish shall be photographed next to a ruler with the dated card clearly shown in the picture. Big fish winner will be determined by inches; not weight. This is in an effort to practice good conservation with the big fish.
Willow Springs management has graciously offered:
No launch fee will be charged on tournament day
BBQ lunch will be served (at no charge) immediately following the weigh in
A limited number of cabins will be available at a reduced rate for Friday night. All proceeds will be donated by Willow Springs Marina to the 6OG fund
Cabins are first come/first serve. Please contact Willow Springs
Willow Springs number is 580 924-6240 or contact James Casperson direct at 405 821-0530.
A cleaning station for fish
1. Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the tournament director (Axman). Decisions of the tournament director are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal.
2. No one associated with the Six Old Geezers, the 6OG Chit Chat forum or Willow Springs Marina will be liable for any accident or injury to contestants or spectators or for any damage to property. A contestant's entry into this tournament constitutes a release of liability to the 6OG, and any other event sponsor's, their successors and/or assignees, for any such accident, injury, or property damage the contestant may be involved in. Every contestant is responsible for reading and understanding these rules.
Each contestant signing up for the tournament agrees in full to these rules and regulations.
Each contestant, by entry into any of these events, consents to the requirement to grilled and interviewed (and possibly take and pass a polygraph exam) to be eligible to claim bragging rights.
3. This is a boating event and is thus limited to fish caught with rod and reel from aboard a boat.
All contestants must have a valid fishing license as required by the State. All State game and fish laws must be obeyed.
4. Fish entered must be caught only from Lake Texoma. The boundaries of the Lake Texoma shall be defined as navigable waters to include rivers and creeks leading to the Lake Texoma.
5. Lines in can be as early as 30-minutes prior to Official Sunrise. The tournament scales will open by 12:00 P.M. and all team contestants desiring to weigh fish must be checked in by 12:30 PM, and the scales will close upon “Last Call” by the tournament director.
You must check in with the record keeper to be considered "checked in". The tournament director may announce extensions to the check in "last call" time.
6. Trailering will be allowed. Honor system. “Lines in the water” at 7 a.m.
7. Participants must take their fish directly to the tournament weigh-in station line after off-loading them from their boat. It is the sole responsibility of each person wishing to weigh fish present their catch for weighing. It is the responsibility of EACH contestant in the tournament to bring only their largest five (5) fish to weigh.
No fish over 22” will be accepted at the weigh in.
Tournament participants are encouraged to release all fish caught over 22”.
8. In case of a tie, the ultimate tiebreaker will be a coin toss. (Thomas Powell is requested to bring a quarter)
9. Any species of True Bass Family (Striped bass, hybrid striped bass, white bass, yellow bass, etc.) may be weighed in for the 6OG Striped bass competition.
10. All fish must be either alive or in fresh condition or they will not be accepted for weigh-in. If a dead fish is presented to the scale, it must be in fresh condition with clear eyes, red gills, firm flesh, etc.
11. Any contestant showing signs of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or who operates a boat in a manner which might endanger others, WILL be disqualified.
Public consumption of alcohol during the tournament hours will not be accepted. Any team warned, but choosing to not following this rule WILL be subject to an 6OG Code of Conduct violation and disqualification from the event.
12. Any contestants receiving a citation from law enforcement will be laughed at and disqualified.
13. Willow Springs Marina is offering a cleaning station for cleaning the catches. Any fish cleaned that is wished to be donated to the 6OG Fish Fry in October should be given to Axman for storage until the fry.
14. You must be in line for weigh in no later than 12:00 p.m.
15. Official scale for weigh in is Axman’s Berkley digital and fish are to be weighed in Axman’s fish bag.
16. Any questions, please contact Axman at firstname.lastname@example.org