Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A Warmouth Kind of Day! #12434339 09/20/17 06:23 PM
banker-always fishing Offline OP
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Fished a Hill Country River and found a bunch of HUNGRY Warmouth! The bite was solid from 9am till 11am. Caught a bunch in the 8 inch range and all of them going over a half pound. The fish were fat and full of fight. All fish were caught using worms with a bottom technique. Fish were holding by thick grass beds next to drop offs. Rounding out the catch were a couple of nice Bluegill and some small bass. I had a nice bass about 4 to 5 pounds spit a hook after a short fight. All fish were released. Some GREAT hill country river fishing and catching some nice Warmouth. It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434366 09/20/17 07:01 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
sweet!

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434417 09/20/17 07:52 PM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Uncle Zeek for the reply. cheers Love those Warmouth! thumb

Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434474 09/20/17 08:38 PM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
I'm jealous

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434502 09/20/17 08:58 PM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Andrew for the reply. Those Warmouth will be waiting for you! thumb

Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434510 09/20/17 09:08 PM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
Can't wait!

[Linked Image]
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434517 09/20/17 09:15 PM
F
Fishwfly Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I lve catching warmouth.

Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434524 09/20/17 09:20 PM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Fishwfly for the reply. Warmouth and just about every other sunfish seem to be really active in just about all the water bodies. We are going to have one heck of a fall bite. hooked

Side Note: Andrew: Make sure you have enough room for your Kayak! thumb

Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434603 09/20/17 10:12 PM
F
Fishmeister54 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Why are folks scared to name the body of water where they caught there fish?

I like to fish creeks, rivers, streams, branches, etc. I am up here in Killeen, Texas and I don't mind telling you what creeks, streams, rivers I fish. Table Rock Creek, Cowhouse Creek, Onion Creek, Lampasas River and I don't mind telling you where I catch 10" plus green perch & bluegill & 12" redear - just ask. Tell me the name of the "Hill Country River" you fish. Don't be scared to name the river, stream, creek, lake, pond or ditch where you caught the fish. I seriously doubt anyone would or could find your spot because you named the river. I'm not greedy - let's share the wealth. And YES I know there is a thread that that does that.

I fish everyday. I need some new water. I don't want to know your secret spots/honey holes but heck at least share the name the water body that fish was caught.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
"Tight Lines & Tight Wraps"
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12434622 09/20/17 10:37 PM
doctorxring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Amazing day ! A nice warmouth has always been
a rarity for me. This has to be a day of days for
even the Perchmeister Chuck !

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12435060 09/21/17 08:30 AM
J
jagg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Fishmeister54

I like to fish creeks, rivers, streams, branches, etc. I am up here in Killeen, Texas and I don't mind telling you what creeks, streams, rivers I fish. Table Rock Creek, Cowhouse Creek, Onion Creek, Lampasas River and I don't mind telling you where I catch 10" plus green perch & bluegill & 12" redear - just ask. Tell me the name of the "Hill Country River" you fish. Don't be scared to name the river, stream, creek, lake, pond or ditch where you caught the fish. I seriously doubt anyone would or could find your spot because you named the river. I'm not greedy - let's share the wealth. And YES I know there is a thread that that does that.

I fish everyday. I need some new water. I don't want to know your secret spots/honey holes but heck at least share the name the water body that fish was caught.

You can probably send a PM and get that info. Some places can't handle the fishing pressure like some others can. Not only that, but if you go back to your creek or river and see trash on the banks and keep hooking cast nets and discarded lines, you'll think twice about what you'll post on an open forum.

Nice haul, Chuck. When the warmouths start moving around, you know fall is on its way.

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless His Holy Name!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzsXYK-44H5uEUe3WXjmLg
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: jagg] #12435070 09/21/17 10:13 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted By: jagg

Thanks

You can probably send a PM and get that info. Some places can't handle the fishing pressure like some others can. Not only that, but if you go back to your creek or river and see trash on the banks and keep hooking cast nets and discarded lines, you'll think twice about what you'll post on an open forum.

Nice haul, Chuck. When the warmouths start moving around, you know fall is on its way.

Thanks Fishmeister54,Doc,and Jagg for the replies. cheers Fishmeister54: Jagg is 100 percent right on the money. Not all bank anglers "TRASH"a place but there are some that do. I was fishing a very nice place on the Medina River(public) for years and noticed a lot of left over trash was being left behind. The county owned the property. I went back to that spot this year and it was all fenced in with No Trespassing signs. A person who lives close by told me the county got tired of picking up trash every day from that area and decided to close it down. Over the years I have seen numerous places I have fished getting abused by irresponsible people and I have decided not to include some water bodies where I fish no matter how large or small they are. As Jagg stated you can send me a PM and I would be more than glad to share some information with you! thumb Doc: Best Warmouth bite I have had in years. hooked Caught a bunch! cheers

Side Note: happybday Jagg! With many more to follow! balloons

Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12435086 09/21/17 11:02 AM
J
J-Moe Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J
Finding a colony of Warmouth, and big ones at that. It don't get any better than that my friend. thumb

Now go find us a colony of Rock Bass grin

Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: Fishmeister54] #12435101 09/21/17 11:22 AM
J
J-Moe Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J

* People trash the place. They closed the Somerville spillway this year to keep people out. Just ridiculous how people treat the world as their trash can

* Fishing pressure, the stories on here are also on Facebook and other places. Surprising how wide spread the message is.

* Backlash from other people, I have a friend that has had his lug nuts loosened on his boat trailer.

I am personally somewhere in the middle and with time have slid more away from promoting our parks and water bodies to protecting them. We use the PM system. If you contribute and share then we will do the same.

So you can expect a PM from me. I like catching 10" green sunfish, 10" Bluegill and 12 inch Redear grin

Last edited by J-Moe; 09/21/17 11:24 AM.
Re: A Warmouth Kind of Day! [Re: banker-always fishing] #12436457 09/22/17 03:14 AM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Side Note: Andrew: Make sure you have enough room for your Kayak! thumb

She's ready to hunt, lets do this woot

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread