Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12433336 09/19/17 11:09 PM
Bass Bug Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I own a right hand drive Jeep which is a double nightmare of obtaining parts, anytime I need something, the parts are in California and they can have them 7-8 days. Chrysler/ Jeep/ Fiat/ whatever can kiss my asss on any future purchases of their rolling pieces of apparently one off parts.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Todd] #12433372 09/19/17 11:40 PM
Jacob Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Todd
Sometimes parts are on back order. If that's the case it doesn't matter what dealer you take it to because they all get the parts from the same place. Dealers can't use aftermarket parts so they don't go calling around town to find one. Manufactures want certain standards in the manufacturing of parts and Napa does not. The dealer/manufacture has to stand behind the parts and repairs. Napa will only give you a new one and not pay labor.

The time it takes to do a recall or ANY other type of repair on other vehicles is not the same as the condenser on your vehicle so there is no comparison.

As for the Diagnosis you did, that is useless to us techs. I don't care if a vehicle was brought to me by another shop, I always diagnose them before I order parts. Ordering parts cost money and I'm responsible for doing it correctly and not the customer. I'm also responsible for fixing it correctly the first time. More than half the times a customer tells me what is wrong with their vehicles they are wrong.

Also shop load plays a big part. Some stores are busier than others and sometimes we are all slammed with work. The guy that does recalls might be sitting around drinking coffee with nothing to do but the AC guy could be two weeks behind. Especially during the summer.

That's just a few reasons. Could be it's just a bad dealer. If they don't offer loaners then they aren't very customer oriented.

The first time I called, they told me they'd send it to the Dodge dealership in town because they were so far behind. Then, they said since I bought my warranty with them, they had to fix it.

The diagnosis I gave them was correct. I understand that a tech must see it, but it shouldn't have taken 4 days to come to that conclusion and order parts. It was literally seeping fluid out of the side of the condenser. THEN they said they had to see if my warranty would approve it before they'd order anything. The warranty was through them and specifically states the condenser on the warranty. This is apparently a common problem on these Jeeps so it kind of makes me nervous to get another OEM condenser if it's of the same quality as the original.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12433390 09/19/17 11:55 PM
ToadSnatcher14 Offline
Team Slot Fish
Team Slot Fish
Jacob- the dealerships have much more volume than 5 or even 10 years ago. You are in line. Help (mechanics) is slim pickens, economy is good and dealerships are feeling the effects. I'd simply ctfo and wait. Ford, Chevy, Ram...they all are swamped with work and not enough guys to get it done. I know you are in ET where things are a bit slower paced, but they will get you handled, you just sometimes have to realize a lot of other things are going on.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: ToadSnatcher14] #12433398 09/19/17 11:59 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted By: ToadSnatcher14
Jacob- the dealerships have much more volume than 5 or even 10 years ago. You are in line. Help (mechanics) is slim pickens, economy is good and dealerships are feeling the effects. I'd simply ctfo and wait. Ford, Chevy, Ram...they all are swamped with work and not enough guys to get it done. I know you are in ET where things are a bit slower paced, but they will get you handled, you just sometimes have to realize a lot of other things are going on.

Jacob, tell him no. I don't wait. Neither should you.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12433432 09/20/17 12:22 AM
Jacob Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
wife just came home. Said she talked to one her coworkers and they've had her car for a month.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12433434 09/20/17 12:24 AM
Jacob Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Did I mention this is my wife's car? Momma ain't happy...therefore...

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12433448 09/20/17 12:33 AM
H
HasBen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
This is why we drive Toyotas. Service in Nac at any of the dealers is a crapshoot. Good luck getting it fixed.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12433450 09/20/17 12:33 AM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Month wow fast there, I bought a NEW 4x4 SD Ford in 2003 yes 03 lost an engine at 1200 miles they had it 4 months before I got a new truck, they asked me what I needed to drive and got the same, plus Ford paid for my fuel for the time gone from me. I got a new 04 back. I did not gripe any. They just traded and did all paperwork even.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12433988 09/20/17 01:37 PM
T
Todd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Jacob
Originally Posted By: Todd™
Sometimes parts are on back order. If that's the case it doesn't matter what dealer you take it to because they all get the parts from the same place. Dealers can't use aftermarket parts so they don't go calling around town to find one. Manufactures want certain standards in the manufacturing of parts and Napa does not. The dealer/manufacture has to stand behind the parts and repairs. Napa will only give you a new one and not pay labor.

The time it takes to do a recall or ANY other type of repair on other vehicles is not the same as the condenser on your vehicle so there is no comparison.

As for the Diagnosis you did, that is useless to us techs. I don't care if a vehicle was brought to me by another shop, I always diagnose them before I order parts. Ordering parts cost money and I'm responsible for doing it correctly and not the customer. I'm also responsible for fixing it correctly the first time. More than half the times a customer tells me what is wrong with their vehicles they are wrong.

Also shop load plays a big part. Some stores are busier than others and sometimes we are all slammed with work. The guy that does recalls might be sitting around drinking coffee with nothing to do but the AC guy could be two weeks behind. Especially during the summer.

That's just a few reasons. Could be it's just a bad dealer. If they don't offer loaners then they aren't very customer oriented.

The first time I called, they told me they'd send it to the Dodge dealership in town because they were so far behind. Then, they said since I bought my warranty with them, they had to fix it.

The diagnosis I gave them was correct. I understand that a tech must see it, but it shouldn't have taken 4 days to come to that conclusion and order parts. It was literally seeping fluid out of the side of the condenser. THEN they said they had to see if my warranty would approve it before they'd order anything. The warranty was through them and specifically states the condenser on the warranty. This is apparently a common problem on these Jeeps so it kind of makes me nervous to get another OEM condenser if it's of the same quality as the original.

Sorry I might have missed the part about an aftermarket warranty. Those can be good or bad. I've only seen ones that can be used at any dealer or independent certified auto repair shop. A lot of them will want to send an adjuster out to make sure its a part failure rather than rock damage so that can make you wait a few days. They can also use aftermarket parts so no worries with back orders.

I'm not sure about this warranty thing and a dealer that would offer that. You might have gotten screwed and I'm not sure what you can do other than call your warranty your self and ask if you can take it somewhere else. That just doesn't sound right.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12434173 09/20/17 03:56 PM
R
ROBERT1500 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
yall need to know whats really going on at the dealership its not the dealership its the manuafactor they put a lot of rules on how the car is repaired if its not done there way the dealership is not paid

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: ROBERT1500] #12434215 09/20/17 04:31 PM
SgtDag Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: ROBERT1500
yall need to know whats really going on at the dealership its not the dealership its the manuafactor they put a lot of rules on how the car is repaired if its not done there way the dealership is not paid

Sure....that's the only thing, definitely not the dealerships fault in any way roflmao

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12434281 09/20/17 05:24 PM
R
ROBERT1500 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
dealerships are sometimes at fault I do work on the cars I no way saying iam the best but I do fix a lot of cars but the warranty side is missed up from the factory there are many hoops the dealerships and the techs have to jump through to make the claim get paid the factory is sending out audit teams to reject claims all the time and the audit guys are paper pushers they have never worked on a car they don't even know what parts do on the car I have to show them all the time. just telling you the techs are going away from the dealerships because of the red tape

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: ROBERT1500] #12434296 09/20/17 05:46 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
dealerships are sometimes at fault I do work on the cars I no way saying iam the best but I do fix a lot of cars but the warranty side is missed up from the factory there are many hoops the dealerships and the techs have to jump through to make the claim get paid the factory is sending out audit teams to reject claims all the time and the audit guys are paper pushers they have never worked on a car they don't even know what parts do on the car I have to show them all the time. just telling you the techs are going away from the dealerships because of the red tape

I'm out of breath after reading that.

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: Jacob] #12434335 09/20/17 06:19 PM
R
ROBERT1500 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
there a lot of things that that are unknown to the public

Re: Car repair wait time? [Re: ROBERT1500] #12434379 09/20/17 07:16 PM
T
Todd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
there a lot of things that that are unknown to the public

He is 100% correct. Dealerships are going to have nothing but oil changers trying to diagnose and fix cars probably in the next 10 years. Kids now days don't want to work on hot cars in the heat for a living. I spend about as much time with a computer hooked to a car as I do turning wrenches. Anybody that has good computer skills are going to office jobs and not greasy shops.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide