Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation #12431696 09/18/17 07:54 PM
Guide Richie White Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I started guiding in 1990 & got my first 10 pound bass in 1992. This year marks 25 years since my first 10 pound bass. As far a I recall, I took pictures and/or video for every double digit bass I've boated since 1992 - totalling somewhere around 100 bass over 10 pounds.
With August and early-September historically being a slow time for fishing, I decided to take my main focus off the water and work with my son (the tech genius) to make the most awesome compilation of double-digit bass on the Internet. I believe I accomplished that - especially since there isn't any competition for multiple double digit fish in the same video.
I expected it to go viral immediately. After all, I got 63k views on a shaky video of a single fish that I posted several years ago. What I didn't realize until after I posted it was that Youtube changed their algorythm and now favors long boring videos over exciting short videos. So my 5 minute video of 100 double digit bass with special-effects that took me over 100 hours to make doesn't get positioned as well as a boring 20-minute video from a channel that posts several videos a week.
Kudos to the guys willing to put in the time and effort to do that to please Youtube. But I have a face for radio and a voice for newspaper. The back of a camera likes me more than the front - and I would much rather be taking videos of my clients holding fish than myself. So I don't see myself ever posting long, boring videos - even if that's what it takes to get positioned on Youtube.
But you can help - and it would be very much appreciated. Youtube gives better rankings for videos that have lots of comments. They also give preferential treatment for the number of "thumbs up" and the number of subscribers. If you like my video, please subscribe, make comments, and give it a "thumbs up" (and watch it to the end). The video can be found at https://youtu.be/XwuzdbYmr5A
I plan to start putting up my 1 to 2 minute "quick clip" videos of my clients catching fish on Youtube on a regular basis. If you subscribe, you should get notified when I put them up.

Last weekend was the Sealy Big Bass tournament. So, my last few trips were to prepare clients for that tournament. It was a success. My client on Thursday got one over 24 inches with me and got 2 checks in the tournament on my homemade spoons. And I had 2 other clients get 3 checks.
The fish are all over the lake. We got fish in a foot of water as well as 20+ feet. The cooling trend got the water in the upper 70s to lower 80s, which is an ideal temp for activity. I found active fish in the backs of the coves as well as the main lake and mouth of coves. My best baits are primarily shad imitators (spoons, poppers, spinnerbaits, rattle traps, swimbaits), but we're also getting good fish on jigs, worms, and frogs. It's a good time to catch fish! There were 3 fish over 10 pounds caught in the tournament over the weekend.

I mentioned in my last report that we have a family business doing various computer work. We are in need of additional work to finance college and orthodontics for 2 kids. We specialize in programming websites with databases (PHP, Coldfusion, ASP.net, MSSQL, MYSQL, JQUERY, CSS, C#, AJAX, Bootstrap), but we can do just about anything you need. Whether you need a new website, or you just need to update your current website to integrate with social media and look good on all devices - we can do it. We can do Photoshop graphic work (logos, brochures, business cards, etc.) - or we can even take your Gopro footage and put together video clips. And as you can see from the video, we can work with special-effects. We have low overhead and no beaurocracy. So, we can often finish a project in the time it takes to get most projects started - at a much lower price. Contact whitefamilyservices.com at 214-549-4644 and let us enhance your business.

If you would like to book a trip, you can see my schedule and book your trip online at http://www.bassfishing.org/go

I try to post pictures to my Facebook page every trip. So keeping up with that page is a much better report than what I can do in front of my computer at home. If you follow my Facebook page (actually, the Facebook term is "like"), you can get my posts without delay. I often post pictures the day we catch them. So if you see several big fish in the same day, you can rest assured the fishing is good then. If you wait until I post a fishing report, you can be sure that it has slowed down enough for me to leave the lake. Go to www.Facebook.com/LakeForkFishingGuide and click the "like" option to get the posts. Go to any page on www.bassfishing.org and you will find the feed.

Be sure to "like" the page so you can get the information as soon as it gets posted.

If you would like to receive my fishing report notifications by email, go to www.bassfishing.org/dbaccess/fishingreportrequests.cfm
All you need is your name and email address. If you are receiving reports by email and wish to discontinue receiving them, simply go to www.bassfishing.org/reports/unsubscribe.cfm

Good fishing and good luck. You can't catch them if you don't go.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12431881 09/18/17 10:15 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Nice job on the video. Enjoyed all the information Mr. White. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Donald

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12431934 09/18/17 11:05 PM
B
Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
That video is awesome, your son did an amazing job editing it. Might be my favorite big bass video ever.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12431977 09/18/17 11:45 PM
stringwise Offline
Angler
Angler
I gave you a thumb's up, great video, great sound track.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432085 09/19/17 01:25 AM
M
meP2too Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
great video, and congrats on doing what inspires you, and as usual, in a humble manner.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432153 09/19/17 02:15 AM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
great job on the video richie and enjoyed it great song and band for that video as well couldn't have picked a better song.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432171 09/19/17 02:33 AM
T
TRHODES Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
first of all why say some other channel, we all know who you're talking about (billy lawson) and I think you're comparing two completely different things. you have put together a highlight reel and he does more of a real time report/ goofing off/ instructional videos that require a lot more talking therefore a lot more time. I think there is a place for both and the fish you have piled up on footage is world class and speaks to both your abilities and the lake you fish on being a great big bass fishery. I truly applaud you for that. however the fact that you're unsatisfied with the views may suggest that more people want to see the more current informational videos and not an electronic photo album of 20 years on lake fork. also if I might add, a lot of those fish were only partially in frame, most in fact. I know I'd prefer to get a better look at the fish. after all the fish are the main content of this video and you can't even get a good look at most. but again the fish quality on this video is awesome, great job there.

sidenote, why don't you reach out to billy and work with him on some content, I know he's had several guides featured on the channel over the past year. just a thought. id sure like to see some of the info on how you catch these monsters.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: TRHODES] #12432211 09/19/17 03:03 AM
Guide Richie White Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I wasn't talking about any person in particular. I just mentioned that Youtube's algorithm encourages Youtubers to put up long videos and to do it often. Those who do what Youtube wants get more favorable results.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432220 09/19/17 03:11 AM
T
TRHODES Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
well considering that you referred to 20 minute videos and multiple per week and your a fork guide, you can deny all you want but cmon man. this is beginning to feel familiar to a post of yours earlier this year, lol. now that was a good one.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432225 09/19/17 03:16 AM
T
TRHODES Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
you made a video of pics, some20+ years old then called other videos boring, lol.

didn't most on here used to complain when all the videos started coming out about the begging for clicks and criticized when they didn't have any informational content. if this aint that I don't know what is

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432226 09/19/17 03:17 AM
T
TRHODES Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
ummmm, and he didn't use the video icon and posted a link not embedded, careful Ritchie, you're gonna get in trouble

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432239 09/19/17 03:36 AM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Geeze that wasn't much of a video..... More of a bunch of photographs of fish randomly appearing.

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432240 09/19/17 03:37 AM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
But that is a ton of big fish

Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #12432298 09/19/17 06:16 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Geeze that wasn't much of a video..... More of a bunch of photographs of fish randomly appearing.

eeks

#MFGA
Re: Lake Fork Report/10 pound bass compilation [Re: Guide Richie White] #12432364 09/19/17 11:41 AM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I liked the video.. good job

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide