Hey all!

I am sure some of you have heard the buzz about Lake Athens recently. I have certainly noticed many more boats than usual and I am not surprised. Athens is fishing good now especially for numbers, and it will only continue to get better as the weather cools off.

I recently published a lake report for Athens. Below I have provided the fishing conditions along with a link to the full article. Give it a read and let me know what you think!

"One can still find schools of fish busting the surface, however, this activity, is winding down for the year. With the cooler temperatures, the shad will move shallow to the grass and the bass will follow. As the weather cools, and more fish leave the main lake and set up in aquatic vegetation, the shallow bite will only improve. Currently, I am catching most of my fish off of grass edges (9-12 FOW). I locate these edges with my electronics and concentrate on the deepest edge. Texas rigged soft plastics seem to be the top producers, but swim jigs and swimbaits will also catch em. For this sort of fishing, no one bait is the ticket and versatility is key. I like to fish all my plastics (Anaconda worms, Ochos, Caffeine Shads etc.) on 15lb test Fluorocarbon, a high-speed gear ratio casting reel, and a Temple Fork Outfitters GTS C 735-1 casting rod. This set up allows me to experiment with plastics and find what the fish want each day without getting too technical, tackle wise."

http://dakotajonesfishing.com/lake-athens-report-91717-dakota-jones-fishing/ http://dakotajonesfishing.com/lake-athens-report-91717-dakota-jones-fishing/

Also, I still have some dates available this month if you are looking to book a guided trip on Lake Athens (or Lake Fork). Sept. 19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28th. I am also accepting trip reservations for this fall and winter. To reserve a date, give me a call or email at the info below. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to fishing with you all soon!

Phone: (509) 309-5252
Email: dakotajonesfishing@gmail.com