Forums59
Topics1,039,221
Posts13,961,169
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Battlefield Reports from Fork BBS [Re: criglizard] #12441477 09/25/17 10:46 PM
N
NTX Angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
N
Originally Posted By: criglizard
My buddy lives on Fork and didn't fish Sealy.

On Saturday, he did a test...

Went out to deeper water, like 40ft+ and dropped two buoys. He started fishing that spot. There was zero structure in the area, no bait, no nothing. Totally dead spot, flat, 40 ft deep. Within 30 minutes, he had 4 boats around him. Within an hour he had 7 boats.

The best part....the rest of the day, even after he left, there was 4-5 boats on this spot and all day Sunday too.

LOL. Soooo many people treat that tournament like the lottery. And sometimes they actually win.

Glad you brought this up. Reminded me of the last time I fished the tournament. I have fished it probably 20 times. last time was maybe 2 years ago. Also on a Saturday my fishing buddy and I (who is filipino) where just out looking for a possible place to fish some deep structure, after lunch. I asked my partner to throw out a bouy he said are we fishing here? We where basically in the middle of lake over by the damn, nothing on graph, but fisherman within eyesight of us. My partners first tournament of his life. I just wanted to see what would happen if we fished around it for a minute and then backed off it. Like flies on a hamburger patty.
I cant remember how many boats came by and fished that bouy. I just left it there, we idled up a cove fished for like an hour. Came back out and even more boats where fishing the bouy. I put down my trolling motor slowly drove right in the middle of the action and retrieved my bouy. Should have seen the look on these guys faces. One guy said HEY what are you doing. I am getting my bouy. Why did you leave it here? My hat blew off and I was marking this spot to retrieve it later. We laughed about this all night.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Battlefield Reports from Fork BBS [Re: NTX Angler] #12453850 10/05/17 01:21 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted By: letsgofishin
Originally Posted By: criglizard
My buddy lives on Fork and didn't fish Sealy.

On Saturday, he did a test...

Went out to deeper water, like 40ft+ and dropped two buoys. He started fishing that spot. There was zero structure in the area, no bait, no nothing. Totally dead spot, flat, 40 ft deep. Within 30 minutes, he had 4 boats around him. Within an hour he had 7 boats.

The best part....the rest of the day, even after he left, there was 4-5 boats on this spot and all day Sunday too.

LOL. Soooo many people treat that tournament like the lottery. And sometimes they actually win.

Glad you brought this up. Reminded me of the last time I fished the tournament. I have fished it probably 20 times. last time was maybe 2 years ago. Also on a Saturday my fishing buddy and I (who is filipino) where just out looking for a possible place to fish some deep structure, after lunch. I asked my partner to throw out a bouy he said are we fishing here? We where basically in the middle of lake over by the damn, nothing on graph, but fisherman within eyesight of us. My partners first tournament of his life. I just wanted to see what would happen if we fished around it for a minute and then backed off it. Like flies on a hamburger patty.
I cant remember how many boats came by and fished that bouy. I just left it there, we idled up a cove fished for like an hour. Came back out and even more boats where fishing the bouy. I put down my trolling motor slowly drove right in the middle of the action and retrieved my bouy. Should have seen the look on these guys faces. One guy said HEY what are you doing. I am getting my bouy. Why did you leave it here? My hat blew off and I was marking this spot to retrieve it later. We laughed about this all night.

That is awesome.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide