Forums59
Topics1,038,947
Posts13,956,194
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12425114 09/13/17 04:21 PM
B
Big Sam Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I use 80lb braid as well .... stop them in their tracks with the right rod and reels.... fish

If it ain't broke don't fix it...but go ahead and work on it anyway.....
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12425137 09/13/17 04:52 PM
C
Cat finder Offline
Angler
Angler
C
This^^^. Stop it before it turns on you. This is key when fighting a big one what ever it is will have the upperhand once it's back is turned.

If the fish don't bite your not baiting right...
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12425532 09/13/17 10:20 PM
Woodwzrd Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Yeah, could be a BIG TURTLE.........

Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12425781 09/14/17 01:53 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Another way to see if it is a YellowCat, try to catch it on the YC and PYC days of my Catfish Calendar. The Calendar is geared for BlueCats, YellowCats & Gator Gars (as they run the same pattern as YCs). The Calendar keys in on the largest percentage of those. I am estimating that about 66% to 75% of Blues, Yellows & Gator Gars run the roam-feed pattern of my calendar. I don't think it is a Gator Gar as usually they don't run for cover like what you described.

Keep us in the loop, be it missed again, or tried & nothing yet. We'll all be awaiting around the TFF campfire awaiting your results to share.

Eventually I am sure the stomach acids will eat a hook up.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12426000 09/14/17 05:16 AM
D
dmunsie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
hmm...sounds like you need some help. Send me the GPS coordinates where this fishzilla is and I'll get back to you....at some point. wink lol.. In all seriousness, does sound like either a big Flathead or a monster Turtle. Get some big line, go big, fight hard and fast and get this guy to the surface! And wear a gopro on your head and document this battle! smile

Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12426590 09/14/17 06:29 PM
D
DarryFowose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Catfish Lynn
Another way to see if it is a YellowCat, try to catch it on the YC and PYC days of my Catfish Calendar. The Calendar is geared for BlueCats, YellowCats & Gator Gars (as they run the same pattern as YCs). The Calendar keys in on the largest percentage of those. I am estimating that about 66% to 75% of Blues, Yellows & Gator Gars run the roam-feed pattern of my calendar. I don't think it is a Gator Gar as usually they don't run for cover like what you described.

Keep us in the loop, be it missed again, or tried & nothing yet. We'll all be awaiting around the TFF campfire awaiting your results to share.

Eventually I am sure the stomach acids will eat a hook up.

I swear, I wish i could understand more mathematics, then i will understand your terms.. Your terms is more confusing to me than my math teacher back in college years ago. U sound more confusing than Donald trump. Jesus, Please help me understand you better as I barely started fishing. You are too professional according to your terms. What is YC and PYC days of my Catfish Calendar? FInger crossed

CATFISH IS MY FAVORITE
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: dmunsie] #12426595 09/14/17 06:31 PM
D
DarryFowose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: dmunsie
hmm...sounds like you need some help. Send me the GPS coordinates where this fishzilla is and I'll get back to you....at some point. wink lol.. In all seriousness, does sound like either a big Flathead or a monster Turtle. Get some big line, go big, fight hard and fast and get this guy to the surface! And wear a gopro on your head and document this battle! smile

I wouldn't mind sharing if you live close to Missouri city texas

CATFISH IS MY FAVORITE
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12426750 09/14/17 08:38 PM
M
Monkeypuncher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Good luck Darry. If 80 lb. braid and a 8/0 hook won't get it in, I say, leave it alone.

Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12427265 09/15/17 03:31 AM
T
Tommar Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
Where is the line getting cut?

Maybe put a steel leader on as well as some heavier line.

US Army and TXARNG 1984-2014
Gulf War 90-91
Iraq 2004-05
A'stan 2009
VFW Post Commander 2013-15
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: DarryFowose] #12427292 09/15/17 04:03 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Sorry about that. Look for the thread titled "Lynn's Catfish Calendar". I set a thread up for each year here on TFF. I post the monthly calendar on it. Up front in January or before I post January, I will also include the URLs (webdresses) of all the past yearly threads, so you can back up & sift thru them for more info. They go back to mid 2010.

I was taught by two YellowCat teachers from around 1978 to 1980. So I was mainly focused on keying in on YellowCat research. In 1981, I went into oilwell cementing with Eddie Chiles' company- The Western Company. They had an interesting schedule for days on & off. For Cement division, it was 7 on, 2 off, 7 on, 2 off, and 7 on, 3 off. Then repeat. Basically, a 28 day calendar. In cement, our once a month 3 day weekend was Sat/Sun/Mon. Next round would be Tues/Wed. And the following was Thurs/Fri. In stimulation, they had their 3 day weekend set for Fri/Sat/Sun. It was by fishing on my days off in cement that I went fishing. All of a sudden, I started consistently catch YellowCats, which I had failed to do previously, even after learning the knowledge of YellowCats from my two Teachers. I finally had to wonder if I had stumbled into some sort of an ingrained pattern to Yellows. So in 1982, I finally mapped out the next 3 years 1983/1984/1985 as to trying out my theory mainly on the Trinity River below TX 21 bridge.

My Calendar uses 4 main sigs (signs). Naturally my main research was YellowCats, hence the one designated as YC (YellowCat). I also stumbled into a more erratic pattern for BlueCats (that would be BC). Next was an oddity of which I finally labelled Buffet (or BFT). To me, my catches on those days were mostly a wide variety of Cats & other fish. For me, I also tend to catch a lot of ChannelCats (CC but not a sig on my calendar), but I did not research on YellowCats & I doubt if I will. Nor have I researched MC (MudCats, also known as bullheads, pollies, and so on). And finally ZIP. Well, that one should pretty well explain that your catches are not going to be very great. For me at least,

However, I also found that Gator Gars run the same pattern as the Yellows, but tend to run it a few hours ahead, probably between 3 & 6 hours, as best estimate.

So for every day, whichever "sig" has the most "pull", it gets that one assigned to it. I had to wonder about the initial pattern of 7,2,7,2,7,3, and repeat. It is not exact, but that is the closest that can be utilized as markers for their pattern. Sometimes the calendar does not show YC when it would seem that pattern is still there underlying. So in addition, due to further research & experience, I finally decided to compile my "PYC" designated days to post in addition to the calendar norm of 4 sigs. In the 2017 printed Catfish Calendar, I have incorporated them into those specific days of the month, even though I explain they are separate from the 4 sigs. I also post the 4 phases of the Moon in my monthly TFF posting. In the 2017 printed Calendar the 4 Moon phases are in there listed in their particular day of the month.

I also have the Calendar KEY which defines the 4 sigs such as ...
YC = YellowCat
BC = BlueCat
BFT = Buffet
ZIP = ZIP (not really good)
Then there are tips in the KEY. I have added more tips since 2008.

I finally came up with a term to describe what I believe is going on as to the Cats that follow the Calendar. It is that there is some sort of circuitry switch that "clicks" them into a "roam-feed" gear or action. In other words, there is some sort of Nature's way of booting them out of the house to go search for Food.

I also explain that there are those Yellows or Blues, as well as GG (Gator Gars), that do not follow the pattern of my calendar. I call them rogue, in the sense that they dance to a different beat. The simplest way to explain that is the current workforce. In other words, let's say a business may have 3 shifts going as it is operational 24 hours a day. There is the majority on the day shift. Next would be the night shift. And there would be yet another one called the graveyard shift. The Calendar would be applied to the main crowd- the Day shift. My best estimate is that around 66% to 75% follow the pattern of my Calendar. The rogue dance to a separate beat. That would be about 25% to 33% (the night shift & graveyard shift combined).

I hope that makes better sense now.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: Monkeypuncher] #12428387 09/16/17 05:08 AM
D
DarryFowose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Monkeypuncher
Good luck Darry. If 80 lb. braid and a 8/0 hook won't get it in, I say, leave it alone.

You are right.

CATFISH IS MY FAVORITE
Re: RECOMMENDATION ON MONSTER FISH [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12428388 09/16/17 05:09 AM
D
DarryFowose Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Catfish Lynn
Sorry about that. Look for the thread titled "Lynn's Catfish Calendar". I set a thread up for each year here on TFF. I post the monthly calendar on it. Up front in January or before I post January, I will also include the URLs (webdresses) of all the past yearly threads, so you can back up & sift thru them for more info. They go back to mid 2010.

I was taught by two YellowCat teachers from around 1978 to 1980. So I was mainly focused on keying in on YellowCat research. In 1981, I went into oilwell cementing with Eddie Chiles' company- The Western Company. They had an interesting schedule for days on & off. For Cement division, it was 7 on, 2 off, 7 on, 2 off, and 7 on, 3 off. Then repeat. Basically, a 28 day calendar. In cement, our once a month 3 day weekend was Sat/Sun/Mon. Next round would be Tues/Wed. And the following was Thurs/Fri. In stimulation, they had their 3 day weekend set for Fri/Sat/Sun. It was by fishing on my days off in cement that I went fishing. All of a sudden, I started consistently catch YellowCats, which I had failed to do previously, even after learning the knowledge of YellowCats from my two Teachers. I finally had to wonder if I had stumbled into some sort of an ingrained pattern to Yellows. So in 1982, I finally mapped out the next 3 years 1983/1984/1985 as to trying out my theory mainly on the Trinity River below TX 21 bridge.

My Calendar uses 4 main sigs (signs). Naturally my main research was YellowCats, hence the one designated as YC (YellowCat). I also stumbled into a more erratic pattern for BlueCats (that would be BC). Next was an oddity of which I finally labelled Buffet (or BFT). To me, my catches on those days were mostly a wide variety of Cats & other fish. For me, I also tend to catch a lot of ChannelCats (CC but not a sig on my calendar), but I did not research on YellowCats & I doubt if I will. Nor have I researched MC (MudCats, also known as bullheads, pollies, and so on). And finally ZIP. Well, that one should pretty well explain that your catches are not going to be very great. For me at least,

However, I also found that Gator Gars run the same pattern as the Yellows, but tend to run it a few hours ahead, probably between 3 & 6 hours, as best estimate.

So for every day, whichever "sig" has the most "pull", it gets that one assigned to it. I had to wonder about the initial pattern of 7,2,7,2,7,3, and repeat. It is not exact, but that is the closest that can be utilized as markers for their pattern. Sometimes the calendar does not show YC when it would seem that pattern is still there underlying. So in addition, due to further research & experience, I finally decided to compile my "PYC" designated days to post in addition to the calendar norm of 4 sigs. In the 2017 printed Catfish Calendar, I have incorporated them into those specific days of the month, even though I explain they are separate from the 4 sigs. I also post the 4 phases of the Moon in my monthly TFF posting. In the 2017 printed Calendar the 4 Moon phases are in there listed in their particular day of the month.

I also have the Calendar KEY which defines the 4 sigs such as ...
YC = YellowCat
BC = BlueCat
BFT = Buffet
ZIP = ZIP (not really good)
Then there are tips in the KEY. I have added more tips since 2008.

I finally came up with a term to describe what I believe is going on as to the Cats that follow the Calendar. It is that there is some sort of circuitry switch that "clicks" them into a "roam-feed" gear or action. In other words, there is some sort of Nature's way of booting them out of the house to go search for Food.

I also explain that there are those Yellows or Blues, as well as GG (Gator Gars), that do not follow the pattern of my calendar. I call them rogue, in the sense that they dance to a different beat. The simplest way to explain that is the current workforce. In other words, let's say a business may have 3 shifts going as it is operational 24 hours a day. There is the majority on the day shift. Next would be the night shift. And there would be yet another one called the graveyard shift. The Calendar would be applied to the main crowd- the Day shift. My best estimate is that around 66% to 75% follow the pattern of my Calendar. The rogue dance to a separate beat. That would be about 25% to 33% (the night shift & graveyard shift combined).

I hope that makes better sense now.

Thank you for the information. I sure will keep you all updated.

CATFISH IS MY FAVORITE
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide