Forums59
Topics1,037,853
Posts13,935,622
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn #12380285 08/10/17 01:50 PM
TFF Staff 3 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12380914 08/10/17 09:17 PM
B
bassinassassin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
wish I could be there, awesome stuff guys

2003 Skeeter SX180
Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12380971 08/10/17 10:03 PM
Outlaw Outdoors Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
The offerings of donation, labor, food, etc has been tremendous! The fishing community really comes together when there's one of us in need.

We also have an online auction planned along with a live auction. Everyone knows it's hard to schedule a tournament on Rayburn without conflicting with something else. We did the best we could, but we still fell on top of the TTZ Championship. (Check this part out) TTZ contacted us and I expected them to be a little upset that we scheduled on top of their event. Yes, there were a little disappointed that we couldn't make it work, but they mainly called to see how they could help! After some discussion, they generously offered to allow all of the teams that enter this tournament to come eat at their banquet at the Umphrey Pavilion on Saturday night. They were originally prepared to feed 200 people and now they are willing to up that number to 400, 500, ???? Thank you, TTZ! That is awesome of you guys! That is where the live auction will also take place.

If you are interested in being a sponsor or donating, please contact myself or Riki Pike.

Clint Wade (817) 235-9570
Riki Pike (409) 656-0397

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12384469 08/13/17 06:23 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Great job guys! I'm going to try and make this one

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12386305 08/15/17 03:03 AM
T
Texas Tournament Zone Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Our pleasure!! TTZ got in touch with Riki after we saw this event was being held on the same date and lake as the TTZ Championship. We wanted to see what TTZ could do to help out. Since we first talked we've gotten Skeeter involved as well and they plan on cooking up for everybody on Friday night. So we invited guys from both events to come over for some free food and to register early. TTZ is also having a Calcutta Friday night and we are donating 20% to the fund raising efforts for Justin. It's the least we can do, we wanted to help out since we were in town already. You fellas can enjoy a couple free meals from TTZ on Saturday night at the Auction and Skeeter on Friday night early registration. Both dinners will be held at the TTZ location at Umphreys Pavilion. Most importantly we can raise some money for a beloved member of our fishing community, let's all have a great weekend on the water!

Thank you,

The TTZ Team
http://ttz1.com/

Last edited by Texas Tournament Zone; 08/15/17 05:32 AM.

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12387059 08/15/17 07:17 PM
B
Bryan O' Offline
Angler
Angler
B
I really hate to miss this event. But we have a family event we can't miss. So, RO519, his mom and I decided we are going to sponsor a couple of teams to the event. We are going to pay the entry for an Aggie Angler team, and a team from the Sam Houston State Bass Fishing Team. As said above, Justin is a former National Champion in college, so why not get out some of the college teams in this tournament just to make it more interesting.

Bryan O'
Total Recreation Products Inc.
Commercial Park and Playground Products and Services
totalrecreation.net
Ranger Z521c 250ProXS V8
Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12388026 08/16/17 01:39 PM
HARD WORKN HAROLD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Way to go TTZ, that's class right there. thumb

DON'T LET THE CLOTHES FOOL YA
Life is too short to fish with a dead cricket!
PB: wife of 40 years
Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12412064 09/03/17 08:23 AM
L
LunkersTV Offline
Angler
Angler
L
I don't get on here often but glad y'all are helping a good friend of mine out. We were able to raise a little over $300,000 for him through YouTube but I don't believe that is going to be enough. After his insurance ended up being fake he is getting stuck with a hefty bill but thats a massive mess in itself. Thought I'd come on and say thank you to y'all for helping the guy out.

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: LunkersTV] #12415057 09/05/17 06:21 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: LunkersTV
I don't get on here often but glad y'all are helping a good friend of mine out. We were able to raise a little over $300,000 for him through YouTube but I don't believe that is going to be enough. After his insurance ended up being fake he is getting stuck with a hefty bill but thats a massive mess in itself. Thought I'd come on and say thank you to y'all for helping the guy out.

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: Fishinfellow] #12415342 09/05/17 09:35 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?

I believe Lunkers is in Africa right now so I doubt he will be able to respond any time soon.

If you go to You Tube and look at some of Justins first videos after he learned of the tumor he kind of touches on the fake insurance deal in them. I don't even want to try and explain it because I am sure I will get it wrong but his channel is Lake Fork Guy if you want to take a look.

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: LunkersTV] #12416364 09/06/17 04:37 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop

I wish Justin the best, and I honestly think he will be fine. I have a few friends with benign tumors in their brain and they are normally treated with steroids. I hope thats his prognosis as well. But.....I just watched a few of his videos. And I personally don't think it looks good at all claiming fake insurance and asking for help, then basically traveling the world fishing while people are raising money for you. I mean, he just got back from Florida, now heading to Mexico and then the Amazon. Those are pretty pricey trips. I would think if his bills are as big as Lunkers say, every nickel and dime would go to those.
I think people in Spring and Houston area need more of a help than this situation.

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: Sinkey] #12416418 09/06/17 05:32 PM
D
Drodge Offline
Drum Boy
Drum Boy
D
Originally Posted By: Sinkey

I wish Justin the best, and I honestly think he will be fine. I have a few friends with benign tumors in their brain and they are normally treated with steroids. I hope thats his prognosis as well. But.....I just watched a few of his videos. And I personally don't think it looks good at all claiming fake insurance and asking for help, then basically traveling the world fishing while people are raising money for you. I mean, he just got back from Florida, now heading to Mexico and then the Amazon. Those are pretty pricey trips. I would think if his bills are as big as Lunkers say, every nickel and dime would go to those.
I think people in Spring and Houston area need more of a help than this situation.

Well he has to make videos to make money as that's his job. Maybe he should just video himself sitting on the couch. I bet that would get tons of views. I'm pretty sure he's also trying to live life to the fullest and had these trips planned before the tumor. Who knows what the outcome will be after the surgery. I can't really blame a guy wanting to fulfill a dream before he gets his head cut open and brain cut on.

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: Drodge] #12416671 09/06/17 08:25 PM
TylersReelFishing Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: Drodge
Originally Posted By: Sinkey

Well he has to make videos to make money as that's his job. Maybe he should just video himself sitting on the couch. I bet that would get tons of views. I'm pretty sure he's also trying to live life to the fullest and had these trips planned before the tumor. Who knows what the outcome will be after the surgery. I can't really blame a guy wanting to fulfill a dream before he gets his head cut open and brain cut on.

Bingo. It's our job as YouTubers to create content and if I was in Justin's shoes I would want to fulfill some of my life's biggest dreams. I assume these trips are also paid for by sponsors so he isn't wasting any money that he saved for his surgery. Don't bash someone over the internet without understanding who they are and the motives for their decisions

Yes, I am one of them "YouTubers"
Aggie Class of 2019

Check out my Youtube channel at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TylersReelFishing
Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: Fishinfellow] #12416706 09/06/17 08:44 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

Fake insurance?? shocked

How'd that happen?

I'm wondering the same thing. What is fake insurance?

Re: Justin Rackley Benefit Tournament - September 23, 2017 - Sam Rayburn [Re: TFF Staff 3] #12416728 09/06/17 09:01 PM
Outlaw Outdoors Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
The last couple posts are correct. Justin is continuing to work. I know it's hard to realize that making videos and uploading to YouTube will actually make you money, but it does. The trips you are seeing him on right now are indeed paid for by sponsors, and he's filming as he goes. He then edits it and uploads to YouTube. Really in truly, it's a win-win. I don't wanna act like this is near the end, but when you get the news like Justin recently received, I'm sure you begin living a little more than you did the day before. In Justin's case, he's fortunate enough to be able to earn money while going on trips of a lifetime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide