Need some advice. I've had a 15-20 year hiatus from fishing from a bass boat. Lots of fly fishing for trout in the NM/CO streams. Now, heading towards retirement and bought a home on Lake Granbury and a boat (Ranger 212LS Reata). Now to outfit a tackle box. I fish for pretty much anything but really like mostly bass, stripers, sand bass and crappie. I've already bought rods and reels that I'll go over in a minute. I have a Plano tackle box with 6 plastic containers and lots of storage along with two built into the boat in a tray under the left console. My rods include 2 Zebco 33's for the grandkids, 2 ultralight rods, 2 medium light spinning rods, 2 medium baitcasting rods and 2 medium heavy baitcasting rods.

If you could start fresh, what would you outfit your tackle box with and how to separate? I really like to fish rattle trap and Rapala type baits and am highly successful with them probably because of my confidence. Not afraid of minnows for crappie or stink bait for catfish/carp. Not very successful using plastic baits like Texas rigs, etc but willing to learn. My old tacklebox years ago had some stuff in it that I never used. I'd like to think I won't be cheap but I don't need gold plated lures either.

Give me some ideas if you headed to a tackle shop ready to outfit your boat including tools to have around too. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Patrnflyr; 08/20/17 06:53 PM.