I continued to work on a standard hopper pattern. I can consistently get one to land properly without a wing but not with a wing so I kind of got bored with it for now.
I tied up a couple of the Llano Bugs you suggested McKinney Longhorn, Thanks (Gig'em). I tied one in brown and one in chartreuse. I started with the brown one with little response. I fished with a briminator for a while and was catching a few greenies so I decided to try the chartreuse. It worked like like a charm. I caught greenies, redear and a couple bass fishing in 2 different ponds with the pattern. It is almost the same as the mini-hopper I tie except it has 8 legs instead of 4.
I used chartreuse foam, deer hair, silly legs and flash. I used Chartruese / Pearl sparkle braid for the body. That helped to reduce the overall size of the fly and on this day it was obvious they wanted a more flashy pattern over a natural one.