Forums59
Topics1,039,309
Posts13,962,661
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12387021 08/15/17 06:50 PM
P
PlanoPaul Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Nice suggestion HOGON!

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12387048 08/15/17 07:09 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Hate to hear that it isn't fun anymore. That, as stated above, is where I would draw the line. Fishing (and things related to fishing) should be fun and an escape from everyday stresses. If it causes you more stress, then it may be time to take a step back to be able to enjoy it again. Sounds like guiding is where your heart is and that is the direction I would go. Either way, you have my support sir.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12387397 08/15/17 11:28 PM
J
j.steve Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Do what makes you happy and keeps your finances in the black.
Maybe even consider just making baits for your guide customers. I have used your baits and they are fantastic and would hate to never see them again, but, things happen. I caint get the Luhr Jensen Sugar Shads anymore either, LOL.
Whatever you decide will be the right decision and we all support ya.
Hope you take Hogon's suggestion. Ya never know what the future holds and you might even hook up with the right partner and start it up again. Nothing says you caint do that someday.
Thanks for all you have done for us on the TFF and wish you continued success.
I do know the feeling though of not liking it anymore. It's been almost 13 years since I built my last piece of furniture and I did that for a living. I still have all my equipment though and someday I will make more.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12387405 08/15/17 11:32 PM
Laner Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
You guys are all way to good too me. I am open to starting back up again someday and taking some private orders, but for right now, I just need to do some thinking.

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: HOGON] #12388798 08/16/17 11:58 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: HOGON
Laner,

Like many said take care of yourself first and foremost.

And I agree on not making a decision while emotional.

My wife is a paramedic and she was run over while on an accident scene back in 2005 along with her partner and 3 Firefighters and the original car crash victim. The teenage driver that plowed into their accident scene was doing about 70mph. My wife for 3 days was knocking on heavens door. In the end everyone survived but have lifetime scars from that day both physical and emotional. My wife was out of work almost two years. About a year into her time of healing she was contacted about joining a motivational speaker circuit where she would go and talk to other First Responders about her accident and near death experience. She did it for a year traveling all over the United States. I saw her speak in Baltimore to 650 First Responders and that was amazing to watch. She spoke in San Diego, Las Vegas, New York City, Buffalo, Philadelphia, and the list goes on. She was getting better with every event and we have enough First Responder T-Shirts to fill a U-Haul. She was one of many First Responders awarded the Texas Star Award by Governor Rick Perry down at the State Capital. Her Story is in a book called Pass It On by Billy Goldfeder.

One day she said to me I need a break. She said I feel like I'm reliving my accident every time I speak and it is wearing on me. So, she stopped speaking for awhile and now will do it occasionally here and there. She is also back working on the ambulance again. She is very happy.

Some suggestions if you want to do it, but not spend every day doing it.
Do it part time or during slow months for guiding.

You could say the ordering window will be open every other month or every 3rd month for a period of one week or two weeks or 3 days. Get your orders in during that window and then turn it off. Fulfill those orders and Guide for a month or two. Who knows maybe you will meet a partner you can trust to run it full time if you should desire.

I think of places I've seen where they sell Brisket daily until it's gone and people line up around the block and not everyone gets served. Or they are open for breakfast and lunch and close at 2pm.

You could do a short run for the Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Open for only a couple days and those who get their orders in before you turn out the lights get served. Others can place their order at the next window.

You could guide and if the trips slow down, the bite is off, the weather is bad, flip the switch and take some orders until you got enough to fulfill that itch so to speak and then go dark for a bit. Possibly you could set it up where you could have a loyal followers email list and when you decide to flip the switch they get an email saying hey I'm taking orders if your short on anything and then turn out the lights when you have enough to keep you busy.

These are simply suggestions if you want to keep your hand in it but still have time for other things.

First and Foremost take care of you.

I personally hope you decide to stay with it even if only part time. Right now from the sounds of it more than anything you simply need a break so take a few months off and clear your head and make a decision later when things are not quite as hectic as they are.

You have a big heart so give it some time to heal and then go from there.

If you decide to hang it up then I will respect your decision.

However, you put a lot of hard work, time, and sweat into your brand and products and I'd rather have you around even part time than not at all.

Do what is best for you though Laner.

Trust me that no matter how bad things get they will get better and I speak from personal experience.

Great advice.

Eric
--------------------------------------------------
"Fishing is to work, what aspirin is to headaches"
'Fighting Texas Aggies Class of 93'
Wanna-be senior meteorologist for the NWS in Fort Worth
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12389002 08/17/17 01:46 AM
scruboak Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Hook City TV on youtube still advertising for you.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12389410 08/17/17 12:48 PM
F
Finaddict Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Do some "scouting" by yourself. Get in touch with your inner self and God's creations and allow him to guide your thoughts.

IT will be well with your soul.

Last edited by Finaddict; 08/17/17 02:28 PM.

You know you are a fishaholic if you have more rods than your wife has shoes!

www.g-rods.com/collections/crappie-spinning
www.sscrapiejigs.com
www.constantpursuitoutfitters.com
www.chriswebbsfishing.com
www.fishingftworth.com

Survived Vietnam TET offensive 1968, 100% disabled compliments of Agent Orange.
NO regrets.....
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12389505 08/17/17 01:58 PM
M
mayor (crappiepete) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Lane you're an awesome guide and gentleman!! I fished with U and brought My little Brother along for His birthday! He still does not fish much, He remembers Our trip with U. So cold none of us were warm!!! I have been slowed the past 2 years with cancer, but just beginning to fish again. I was not interested in catching crappie, but askd U to teach me how to locate them. Many of Us have had "Bumps" in our path but U know who can Help U. I refer U to......"Proverbs 3: 5-7.... I will lift U up in prayer that U will find happiness. I recall that U traveled to Africa for a mission program, likewise I have been to Mexico for same
Reason. So I know that U know who controls Your life. Keep Us informed. BTW I still have a few of Your lures......

Using the site for a while...this is really great to share fishing ideas and success with others.
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12390624 08/18/17 07:30 AM
S
STING'UM Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I'm sorry to hear this news! We've been with you every since you've started, as a matter of fact one of you hottest selling colors (in a joint effort) you were able to produce for our Waco crappie fishing group. There haven't been a custom color that you've made that didn't catch a bunch of fish. We have wished you well when you did Mission work in other countries. Prayed for you in your hard times. You and your quality products have been a topic on many of our bank to boat fishing trips. Yes, we are well aware of the knock-off style jigs like yours but(we)know quality! Sometimes we all spread ourselves to thin even with our favorite passions. May I suggest that you don't sell the business! maybe shut it down, step away for awhile, refresh your soul thru prayer and the strength and power of GOD! Come back when you are ready, cause we will be here ready to support you and your product when you come back smile Thanks Lane P.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: STING'UM] #12390888 08/18/17 02:38 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: STING'UM
I'm sorry to hear this news! We've been with you every since you've started, as a matter of fact one of you hottest selling colors (in a joint effort) you were able to produce for our Waco crappie fishing group. There haven't been a custom color that you've made that didn't catch a bunch of fish. We have wished you well when you did Mission work in other countries. Prayed for you in your hard times. You and your quality products have been a topic on many of our bank to boat fishing trips. Yes, we are well aware of the knock-off style jigs like yours but(we)know quality! Sometimes we all spread ourselves to thin even with our favorite passions. May I suggest that you don't sell the business! maybe shut it down, step away for awhile, refresh your soul thru prayer and the strength and power of GOD! Come back when you are ready, cause we will be here ready to support you and your product when you come back smile Thanks Lane P.
TFF brotherhood right here Lane.We aint goin no where thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: STING'UM] #12391595 08/18/17 09:22 PM
B
Big_CatEM Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: STING'UM

I second that notion. My older brother is in a similar boat. Never met ya, but hey, been with the TFF since 05' and we're family around here. Let us know where we can help out if you need it.

Eric
--------------------------------------------------
"Fishing is to work, what aspirin is to headaches"
'Fighting Texas Aggies Class of 93'
Wanna-be senior meteorologist for the NWS in Fort Worth
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide