Forums59
Topics1,039,186
Posts13,960,569
Members144,194
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12385901 08/14/17 10:00 PM
C
C Worthy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Lane, I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a very good business at one time selling outdoor cooking equipment. It was a lot of work with long hours (I still had a regular job too) but I really enjoyed it. My wife was worried about all the hours I was working and talked me into selling that business and opening a (don't laugh) a food service business. In her mind, that was going to be a lot easier on me, but the reality was it was 1000 times worse and I absolutely hated it. I kept that business for about 4 months, and even though it was really profitable, I hated it so much I put it up for sale. I finally sold it and have never been happier since. Doing something that you hate just to make others happy will never work out. If you are not enjoying it, LET IT GO. I really only have one saying that I live life by.

THERE ARE NO DO-OVERS......... LIFE ONLY OFFERS YOU THE ONE CHANCE........... TAKE IT AND LIVE ....... NOT JUST EXIST

Life is one big playground. Be sure to ride all the rides before it closes.
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12385963 08/14/17 11:05 PM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
1-800-EAT- FROG will forever be in my mind.

Thank you for that.

If I ever grow up and do what I want, I want to follow in your foot steps.

Thanks again.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: SheCrappieKilla] #12386002 08/14/17 11:59 PM
Bobcat1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Wow Lane! Should have let us know. I'll just pray for God's wisdom for you. The blindsided by divorce was what I noticed first, then stole from by family, not having fun?? Quit doing it. Do what makes you happy.

Bobby Barnett

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386010 08/15/17 12:04 AM
Three Nails Guide Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A lot good comments, I think you already know how to get your decision. Pray and trust him. We serve a God that makes all things new. Where he closes one door he opens another. You a great guy and make unbelievable bites. Will be praying for you my friend.

Mark Standridge
East Texas Crappie Guide
Fork Palestine
www.threenailsguide.com
www.facebook.com/threenailsguide
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386263 08/15/17 02:31 AM
J
Jezreel Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I competed in Ironman events, and marathons for 10 years. I LOVE being in the event, but after 10 years I just don't want to put in the 4 to 6 hours of training each day in addition to the hours spent with my job. The training is just not fun any more. The problem is, I still have the emotional bond to being in the event.

If you decide to keep at it, it's going to be a lot of hard work, and no fun doing it. If you decide to hang it up, you will really enjoy the freedom it has given you, but you will feel that old life calling, tugging and some days ripping at you. It's been 2.5 years since my last Ironman, but I still feel like I should be out there swimming, cycling, and running. But I just don't have the desire for the long days of training. The fun is just no longer there. I can tell you it's a hard, hard thing, but I do enjoy the freedom I have every day to do something else. So last April I bought my first boat, and I am now crappie fishing.

I'm sure all will work out. You have a lot of friends and support on this forum.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386287 08/15/17 02:44 AM
S
Scotty B Fishin' Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
As long as our first "constant pursuit" is of "the kingdom of God and His righteousness ", He promises to take care of all the other junk. Matthew 6:31-34. Add me to the long list of friends you have who will do their best to try to help in whatever way you need. Looking forward to 26th!

Hebrew 12:1b let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386300 08/15/17 02:59 AM
C
crope1 Offline
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
C
P-R-A-Y and let GOD lead you!

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386351 08/15/17 03:51 AM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Good luck in whatever you pursue. I have no doubt you will find success and happiness.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386356 08/15/17 03:56 AM
scruboak Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Doing something that is not fun will ruin your health or it did mine. I didn't realize it until I did not do it anymore.May God be with you on your path.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386704 08/15/17 02:50 PM
H
HOGON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Laner,

Like many said take care of yourself first and foremost.

And I agree on not making a decision while emotional.

My wife is a paramedic and she was run over while on an accident scene back in 2005 along with her partner and 3 Firefighters and the original car crash victim. The teenage driver that plowed into their accident scene was doing about 70mph. My wife for 3 days was knocking on heavens door. In the end everyone survived but have lifetime scars from that day both physical and emotional. My wife was out of work almost two years. About a year into her time of healing she was contacted about joining a motivational speaker circuit where she would go and talk to other First Responders about her accident and near death experience. She did it for a year traveling all over the United States. I saw her speak in Baltimore to 650 First Responders and that was amazing to watch. She spoke in San Diego, Las Vegas, New York City, Buffalo, Philadelphia, and the list goes on. She was getting better with every event and we have enough First Responder T-Shirts to fill a U-Haul. She was one of many First Responders awarded the Texas Star Award by Governor Rick Perry down at the State Capital. Her Story is in a book called Pass It On by Billy Goldfeder.

One day she said to me I need a break. She said I feel like I'm reliving my accident every time I speak and it is wearing on me. So, she stopped speaking for awhile and now will do it occasionally here and there. She is also back working on the ambulance again. She is very happy.

Some suggestions if you want to do it, but not spend every day doing it.
Do it part time or during slow months for guiding.

You could say the ordering window will be open every other month or every 3rd month for a period of one week or two weeks or 3 days. Get your orders in during that window and then turn it off. Fulfill those orders and Guide for a month or two. Who knows maybe you will meet a partner you can trust to run it full time if you should desire.

I think of places I've seen where they sell Brisket daily until it's gone and people line up around the block and not everyone gets served. Or they are open for breakfast and lunch and close at 2pm.

You could do a short run for the Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Open for only a couple days and those who get their orders in before you turn out the lights get served. Others can place their order at the next window.

You could guide and if the trips slow down, the bite is off, the weather is bad, flip the switch and take some orders until you got enough to fulfill that itch so to speak and then go dark for a bit. Possibly you could set it up where you could have a loyal followers email list and when you decide to flip the switch they get an email saying hey I'm taking orders if your short on anything and then turn out the lights when you have enough to keep you busy.

These are simply suggestions if you want to keep your hand in it but still have time for other things.

First and Foremost take care of you.

I personally hope you decide to stay with it even if only part time. Right now from the sounds of it more than anything you simply need a break so take a few months off and clear your head and make a decision later when things are not quite as hectic as they are.

You have a big heart so give it some time to heal and then go from there.

If you decide to hang it up then I will respect your decision.

However, you put a lot of hard work, time, and sweat into your brand and products and I'd rather have you around even part time than not at all.

Do what is best for you though Laner.

Trust me that no matter how bad things get they will get better and I speak from personal experience.

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
CONSTANT PURSUIT OUTFITTERS
MR CRAPPIE
POWER PRO SUPER SLICK BRAID
BERKLEY VANISH GOLD/TRANSITION
LIFT SAVER TROLLING MOTOR MOUNT
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386732 08/15/17 03:09 PM
B
BrazosRiverTom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Hogon, what a great suggestion.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386743 08/15/17 03:17 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Dang good advise Hogon!!! thumb

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386769 08/15/17 03:31 PM
S
Stucky76 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
You're a good man, Lane! Do what makes you happy.

Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386798 08/15/17 03:47 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and he shall guide thy paths! thumb

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: You Heard it Here First- Constant Pursuit Outfitters [Re: Laner] #12386852 08/15/17 04:45 PM
T
TreeBass Online Content
Lt. Dan
Online Content
Lt. Dan
T
Laner, saddened to see your post, but happy at the same time. Your posts have always been spectacular and I've always looked forward to reading them. I commend you on putting everything out there and not holding back.

You've recieved a lot of advice, but I think Hogan nailed it, and I suggest as others have said, pray on it.

Although I haven't purchased any of your jigs, (I haven't really fished in the last couple of years due to health reasons) I'm dying to try some of your frogs. You have quite the following from folks on here that love your baits, but I'm sure like you said, its personally draining.

I wish you well in whatever decision you arrive at and will continue to look forward to your exploits on the water.

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Sure-Life Products
Dobyns Rods
Holding The Line Guide Service
www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide