Print Thread
ACK does good again #12367457 08/01/17 02:08 PM
R
RealBigReel Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
As some of you know I build my own kayaks. Been working on STRIPER2 since February. I moved some of the hardware from STRIPER to STRIPER2 including the YakAttack rails. I had built PVC rod holders but they never worked right. I like to troll, but when a fish bites a trolled lure it pulls the rod backwards and the PVC rod holders twisted on their bases.
I should also mention that I am hard of hearing so I don't like to talk on the phone. So I got on chat with ACK and the fellow I ask what he would suggest for rod holders for my YakAttack rails. He suggested a FeelFree Uni-Track and a Railblaza rod holder with base. Looked at some videos showing these items and it looked like a good fit so I ordered them. The great thing about ordering from ACK is they ship promptly and FedEx delivers promptly. So I had my items the next day (not atypicaly).
Well the FeelFree Uni-Track doesn't fit YakAttack rails. So I got on chat with Morgan at ACK explained the situation. He checked the previous chat and then agreed that the problems was theirs. Sent me a RA and FedEX sticker for both the rod holders and the Uni-Track. That was Saturday. In the meantime I figured out the Railblaza rod holders would work just fine. There is a hole that can be drilled out that makes the Railblaza rod holder base ride the YakAttack rails. I don't do business on Sunday and so yesterday (Monday) I got on chat again with Morgan again. Told him I did not need to return the Railblaza rod holders only the Uni-Track and sent him the link to the build where I posted a picture of how I had made the Railblaza work on the YakAttack rail. Of course Morgan was happy that the items being returned was less and that I was happy with what I had done with the rod holders. And I am pretty happy with the way these rod holders slide easily with a minimal footprint and that they are adjustable and lock down smartly, but will not twist.
I needed a couple more items that will make these rod holders work even better, YakAttack Wingnuts and longer "T" bolts. And I found a couple other items on ACK that I just couldn't live without. (Free shipping is on orders over 39 bucks. But they only charge the actual shipping costs anyway.) So I informed Morgan that I had just pulled the trigger on the new order and so he could have FedEx pick up the RA when they deliver the new order. He sent me instructions as to how to get that done. So yesterday afternoon I received confirmation that my new order had shipped. And this morning I checked FedEx tracking and the stuff that I ordered yesterday is on the truck out for delivery.

After note:
Everything that I ordered arrived in good order and has already been installed in STRIPER2 by 3:20 PM.

Last edited by RealBigReel; 08/02/17 01:03 AM.

RealBigReel
I don't go too fast but I go pretty far.
Re: ACK does good again [Re: RealBigReel] #12367991 08/01/17 08:01 PM
C
Coldspring Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I am glad that you had such good service from ACK, my current situation is not quite so good. My wife and I ordered 2 Wilderness System Tarpon 140 kayaks on July 16 from their Spring store. They verified that the Kayaks we wanted were in the warehouse in Austin and told us they got their delivery's on Fridays but did not always get one every week so if they did not get it on the next Friday (the 21st) they would be there the following Friday. They did not get a delivery last Friday and the story now is that one of the kayaks has been at the Spring store all the time and the other one "MIGHT" be there this Friday if they get a delivery this week. The area manager does not return phone calls so I assume that like many large companies they do not want to get involved with problems. The main reason I went to ACK was the rave comments on how good their service was. It seems that they can deliver a Kayak 1/2 way across the country in 3 to 4 days but cannot get one from Austin to Houston in 3 weeks to their own store. Meanwhile They have a $2500 deposit and are not in any hurry to get the kayaks to us.

Re: ACK does good again [Re: Coldspring] #12368031 08/01/17 08:33 PM
T
Texjbq Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Had a very similar issue when once. I think the guy I ordered from **** it up and he tried to keep the issue to just himself without his supervisors knowing about the issue. When I got above him it got taken care of.

Last edited by Texjbq; 08/01/17 08:44 PM.
Re: ACK does good again [Re: RealBigReel] #12368162 08/01/17 10:40 PM
C
Crankalot Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I've ordered from them once and it was without issue. I went in the store one and was unimpressed with customer service. I find most of my needs at Academy or Amazon.

Re: ACK does good again [Re: RealBigReel] #12368671 08/02/17 02:46 AM
B
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Gosh, I love Ack! I ordered a C-Tug that was on sale just the other day, late in the afternoon, and I got it early two days later. I still haven't figured out how Ack gets orders out so fast. I have had some make it in a single day. I have only been in one of their stores, one on the west side of Houston and they were very good. The little building they were located in looked like an old auto garage or something, not fancy.

Yes, though, I have had an issue or two. I sent back a cart years ago when I found out that scupper carts would void my kayak's hull warranty. Ack should have known that and related it to me since I had called them about recommendations and they knew what I had.

Anyway, Ack's order fulfillment process is really, really good.

I do believe it when I hear those with bad experiences. It happens, for sure.

Brad

Re: ACK does good again [Re: RealBigReel] #12420443 09/09/17 10:34 PM
C
Crankalot Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Reviving this thread. Went in today and again the customer service was disappointing.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide