Page 1 of 2 1 2
What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota #12349643 07/20/17 02:41 PM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Don't want to buy one and then find out there is a better sliding bracket out there. I hear some of them clunk when In use due to slack in the machine work. Do you only use them when on a steep ramp to keep the unit from hitting the trailer? On a flat ramp have you had any problem hitting? Paid all that money and now need to buy a slider to clear upon launch. BOAT. You still must get down there on your knees and slide this thing back out after launch. That sucks bad. Minn Kota didn't tell anyone about this problem in their adds. They just show you standing the dock running your boat around with the remote. If you must slide this thing back at launch to clear your trailer your new Utrerra will not deploy from the dock with the remote like their add shows. I'm not going to be on the dock running it around anyway. Be my luck I would forget to turn the unit on before launch and my boat would blow away.

TAKE A PHOTO HOME NOT THE FISH. CATCH AND RELEASE
Set the hook first and ask questions later.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12349650 07/20/17 02:44 PM
Bruce's Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
http://www.liftsavertmmount.com/

This is what i have and dont have any issues. Great product and the guy that makes them is a great guy.

Last edited by Bruce's Guide Service; 07/20/17 02:44 PM.

Bruce's Sprinkler Repair
817-798-7246
52 years experience
State Licensed Irrigation
LI0017483

Fishing Texas lakes one at a time

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12349903 07/20/17 05:04 PM
Amberlamps Offline
Angler
Angler
mka-47. I used one on my old terrova and I have one on my ulterra now. Works great and lockable.

I've never had to slide it to launch with either motor... only to store boat in the garage. Keep it lubed with dry lockNkey lubricant and it slides no problem.

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12350085 07/20/17 07:06 PM
B
Blue Blazer 2400 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
http://www.rnrd.com/

This is what I just ordered for my Terrova. They are built very good. Lead time is 4-6 weeks though

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12350658 07/21/17 01:02 AM
GTrigg Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
I've been using Slide Maxx for the past five or six years on two different boats. Slides my Terrova back seven inches to get the unit back even with the hull, so I don't have to worry about damage. I keep mine slid back anytime the boat isn't in the water. Easy install as well.

http://www.slidemaxx.com/

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12350948 07/21/17 04:06 AM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Big thanks to Ron Duran with Lift Saver trolling motor bracket . He has the nicest and strongest looking bracket on the market . It won't allow the noise that may be found with the others. Ron is a champ to work with and very helpful. I just met him today and you should love his product because It's like no other on the market. All the others are pretty much all the same. Wait until you see this bracket and the way it works. It's one of those got to have things if your in the market for trolling motor safety. My Ulterra cost too much to bounce it off my trailer when unloading. You can see it on YouTube and it's a cool deal to watch the way it works. Bruce's Guide Service turned me on to him as seen above in this post. Thanks to him I'm getting one of Ron's units. This is one of the benefits of being on TFF!

http://www.liftsavertmmount.com/

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12356455 07/25/17 12:55 AM
E
ezduzit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Thanks for the info jafish!

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles..."
Hunter S. Thompson
Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12356859 07/25/17 04:21 AM
Z
z520c Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Z
Had minn kota's quick-release bracket installed. It had a thumb screw on the side that I quickly ditched. In it's place, drilled a hole on the side of the bracket for a caribiner clip / lock to insert.

It's rock solid, and is locked into place just after the boat cover is removed.

z

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12357100 07/25/17 01:39 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Thank you jafish for your kind words. The LiftSaver Plus is being mailed today and like I mentioned, just give me a call if you have any questions during the install.

Here is a quick YouTube video if anyone would like to see the product.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: GTrigg] #12357108 07/25/17 01:43 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: GTrigg
I've been using Slide Maxx for the past five or six years on two different boats. Slides my Terrova back seven inches to get the unit back even with the hull, so I don't have to worry about damage. I keep mine slid back anytime the boat isn't in the water. Easy install as well.

http://www.slidemaxx.com/

Philip is no longer making the Slidemaxx.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12357833 07/25/17 08:59 PM
Always Late Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
i have a friend that made this one, it can be removed if staying over night in a not to safe place, if interested pm me and i will get you the contact info

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: ezduzit] #12359073 07/26/17 03:17 PM
J
jafish Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Originally Posted By: ezduzit
Thanks for the info jafish!
. I'm still working with Ron Duran on his Lift Saver trolling motor unit. His service after the sale is like being in a time warp where your taken care of like they did in years passed. This experience is very refreshing and that actually makes it fun. It's been a long time since I have run into anybody that wants to help you. I'm definately not speaking to someone overseas about a China made product. I'm 71 years old and this makes me feel good and I like it. Try it ezduzit, you'll love the experience and his Texas made product. Now won't that be a pleasant change for you?

Last edited by jafish; 07/26/17 03:35 PM.

Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12360329 07/27/17 02:47 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Ron is a great person to be around and has a great TM Mount to resolve many issues that come with mounting any electric steer trolling motor weather it be Minn Kota or MotorGuide.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: jafish] #12360455 07/27/17 03:57 AM
BlueTuna Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Stratos' recommendation is right on. I bought one of the first Ulterra's to roll off the line through Shut Up in Fish. I knew I needed a better mount than what I had on my Terrova. I did a lot of research and was not happy with any of the results. I believe I was on a guided trip with Matt at Towakoni and he had mentioned a mount that Skeeter was using. I tracked it down to RnD Design in Terrell. I believe they had supplied Skeeter with these mounts. The people at RnD were very helpful when I went to visit them. I ordered it and I believe it was ready about 4 weeks later. My Ulterra is a 36 vdc and the mount I bought can now be seen on their website. It has a flat black finish on it, it is WELL built. I keep my Sea Fox in a slip at Harbor Bay and don't trailer it much. But when I do I have to slide the trolling motor back to load the boat on the trailer. Others may not have to slide the motor at alll, but with my SeaFox and trailer I have to move the motor back to load the boat. Back out a simple lock bolt and pull back a spring loaded pin, it takes less than a minute. It Slides back perfectly for loading the boat. I had to pull my trolling motor off a couple of weeks ago for maintenance. Same process, except of course, slide it the other way and it is simple to pull the trolling motor off the boat. Mine works perfect, does not rattle, pop or make any other noise. Easy to install the mount on the boat too. I really had to work at finding the right product. I told RnD they should advertise the mount because there is a great market for a quality mount. I guess they listened. Go here http://www.rnrd.com/

Last edited by BlueTuna; 07/27/17 05:09 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: What sliding bracket best for Ulterra Minn Kota [Re: BlueNitro] #12360696 07/27/17 01:17 PM
L
lipjerk Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by BlueNitro
Thank you jafish for your kind words. The LiftSaver Plus is being mailed today and like I mentioned, just give me a call if you have any questions during the install.

Here is a quick YouTube video if anyone would like to see the product.

I purchased this from Ron. He actually invited over to his house to look at the one on his boat. Needless to say, I purchased immediately, I really like the mount and would recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide