Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lighted Docks #12340845 07/15/17 02:06 PM
S
Senior59 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
S
Where are all the Lighted docks on Lake Fork ??

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Senior59] #12340893 07/15/17 02:43 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I doubt that you'll get locations for them on here. They have started to become crowded lately and many put in a lot of time on the water searching for them

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Senior59] #12340980 07/15/17 03:35 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I think some of the owners are turning off the lights as well to discourage crowds of people fishing them. I know some of the docks I found have not been lit my last couple of trips...

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: jbcarroll3000] #12340996 07/15/17 03:52 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: jbcarroll3000
I think some of the owners are turning off the lights as well to discourage crowds of people fishing them. I know some of the docks I found have not been lit my last couple of trips...

This has happened on lakes like Cypress Springs. I wonder if turning the lights off so much of the time keeps them from having as many fish around them when they do turn them on.

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: jbcarroll3000] #12341002 07/15/17 03:54 PM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
2 reasons I keep mine off:

- people fishing them without navigation lights on.
- people pulling up to fish my lights when me and my 2 boys (7 & 9 years old) are standing on my dock and fishing my lights. I wouldn't mind but why would anyone pull up to a dock when the owner and his kids are fishing it? Then when I say something they just ignore you! Very frustrating... I've had 2 guys that I've never seen before pull into my dock and actually use the boat lift to lift their boat out of the water then they started walking around my dock... they did it to get out of the rain like a lot of us have had to do before but you Never use someone's lift and especially don't get out of your boat. Moral of the story is if I don't know you and you do something like no navigational lights or step on my dock, I have no idea what your intentions are, especially with all the dock thiefs around here

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Senior59] #12341020 07/15/17 04:15 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I've noticed several turned off for quite a while. I figured that it was the crowds and concerns about thefts. People have no etiquette when fishing. No reason to ever fish a dock that the owner is out on.

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Bobby Milam] #12341168 07/15/17 06:29 PM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
I've noticed several turned off for quite a while. I figured that it was the crowds and concerns about thefts. People have no etiquette when fishing. No reason to ever fish a dock that the owner is out on.

You would think so Bobby... like I said, I knew people would fish them when I put them out, that's just part of it. But at least wait till the dock owner and his kids are done before you get your lures caught on my 9 year old boys line while he is casting off my dock. And don't fire up the big motor when your boat is sitting directly on top of one of my lights while I'm trying to fish it myself. I know a lot of people that feel the same way and these are some of the main reasons we turn them off.

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Senior59] #12341181 07/15/17 06:39 PM
L
Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Wow ! Some people just dont care who the offend or come in on.

Using the lift.... that right there would have been more than words on my dock if I had one.I understand about getting out of the rain but using the lift.

UNREAL mad mad mad

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell] #12341206 07/15/17 06:57 PM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Using the lift.... that right there would have been more than words on my dock if I had one.I understand about getting out of the rain but using the lift.

UNREAL mad mad mad

Yes sir Mark... my wife was looking down from the house and saw 2 guys walking around on my dock... it worried her at first but as soon as the rain stopped, they got back in boat and left the dock like it was before... guess I'll start setting a Tip jar down there from now on... lol

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Fork-LegendV21] #12341262 07/15/17 08:04 PM
J
jbcarroll3000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Fork-Legend211

- people pulling up to fish my lights when me and my 2 boys (7 & 9 years old) are standing on my dock and fishing my lights. I wouldn't mind but why would anyone pull up to a dock when the owner and his kids are fishing it? Then when I say something they just ignore you! Very frustrating... I've had 2 guys that I've never seen before pull into my dock and actually use the boat lift to lift their boat out of the water then they started walking around my dock... they did it to get out of the rain like a lot of us have had to do before but you Never use someone's lift and especially don't get out of your boat. Moral of the story is if I don't know you and you do something like no navigational lights or step on my dock, I have no idea what your intentions are, especially with all the dock thiefs around here

OMG Wow. That's insane.

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Senior59] #12341354 07/15/17 09:35 PM
C
chickenfried76 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
What kind of light do you buy? Where can I learn more about installing some of these?

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Fork-LegendV21] #12341393 07/15/17 10:20 PM
T
TinRangerJim Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T

UNREAL mad mad mad

Yes sir Mark... my wife was looking down from the house and saw 2 guys walking around on my dock... it worried her at first but as soon as the rain stopped, they got back in boat and left the dock like it was before... guess I'll start setting a Tip jar down there from now on... lol

Should have unplugged the lift motor and left him sitting high and dry...

"Rip Some Lips"
Nevadan by birth, Texan by choice
Retired USAF, 1966-1989
Jim C.
Re: Lighted Docks [Re: TinRangerJim] #12341488 07/16/17 12:09 AM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: TinRangerJim

UNREAL mad mad mad

Should have unplugged the lift motor and left him sitting high and dry...

Lol... that would have been funny... it was day 3 of the Big Bass Splash last year during the down pour... anybody is welcome to take cover under my dock of the weather gets bad but please stay in your boat when you do. Just when you think you've seen it all.... lol

Re: Lighted Docks [Re: Fork-LegendV21] #12342127 07/16/17 12:37 PM
P
PaPa@fork Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P

Unbelievable !!! Just when you think you have heard it all realmad
I may be wrong but wouldn't that be trespassing ? They need to be VERY careful, with some of stuff that's happened out here in the past, the next time they pull something like that they may get shot, this would go in the "you can't fix stupid file "

If it was easy, everyone would do it
Re: Lighted Docks [Re: PaPa@fork] #12342488 07/16/17 05:09 PM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork

Unbelievable !!! Just when you think you have heard it all realmad
I may be wrong but wouldn't that be trespassing ? They need to be VERY careful, with some of stuff that's happened out here in the past, the next time they pull something like that they may get shot, this would go in the "you can't fix stupid file "

Your right Mark.... some people just don't get it... lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide