I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas #12333062 07/11/17 12:25 AM
J
jbuell Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Hello all,

I have been a dedicated saltwater fisherman since being stationed in Savannah Georgia in 2006. I moved to Houston in 2014 and after living in the big city for 3 years my wife and I made the decsion that we would raise our kids in a small town.

Both my wife and myself are from small towns, and it's something we want for our family. Before settling in coastal Texas I was active duty Army for 9 years. Our family needed a hometown and we found Port O'Connor. A close family friend introduced us to POC in 2014, we came for the fishing and beach and we stayed for the community.

Additionally, I lost my right foot in Afghanistan in 2012. I was not able to come to Warriors Weekend, due to surgeries scheduled, but I heard great things. That kind of thing means alot to me. I hope to be a part of Warriors Weekend in the future as a volunteer. as a combat wounded veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan I believe I will have much to contribute.

My wife is 29, my two boys are 8 and 6, my little girl is 5 and I am 30 years old. We are a young family and we are very excited to be living in such a great community.

I love fishing, I dont have a boat yet but I plan on changing that soon. Haha. I do have kayaks though. Any fishing pointers and experience in the local waters would be greatly appreciated.

Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: jbuell] #12333331 07/11/17 02:09 AM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
It would be my honor and pleasure to show you around. Send me a pm and I'll get hold of you next week when I get back to Seadrift.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: jbuell] #12333435 07/11/17 02:43 AM
I
IslandJim Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
I
Welcome to the community! I have never been to Port O, but plan to visit soon.

Thank you for your service and contribution to our freedom!

Not enough people know about Aransas County's offshoot, Aransas Pathways. They have built birding trails, biking and walking trails and fifteen kayak launches, the most recent, a special launch ramp for handicapped people, specifically disabled vets. There was a H.O.W. event at the dedication for the launch at Lamar, just North of Goose Island State Park. It's really a great spot and tribute to those who have given more than their share.

If you haven't seem it, you(everyone) should check it out. Thanks, Aransas Pathways!

IslandJim

I'm an Eighth Day Adventist. On the Eighth Day, God went fishing!
Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: jbuell] #12333826 07/11/17 01:05 PM
J
jackiekennedyfishingguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Pat Goff has offered you the deal of a lifetime, jump on it.

903-603-3793
Clients or I have landed eight state record fish and eighteen water body records.
TPWD Elite Angler
[Linked Image]
jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: jbuell] #12334153 07/11/17 04:01 PM
R
Ryan B Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Hey man thank you for your service it means alot. We have a house in POC that we faction to alot and when I'm in town id be glad to meet up and take you out on the water. Me and my buddy have a YouTube channel for fishing but were still learning it but were getting better Every time. Our last 2 outing we caught our limits. Shoot me a PM and your phone number and i'l give you a call. Thanks for your service again man.

20 year old angler. Work hard Fish Harder!!!
Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: IslandJim] #12334565 07/11/17 08:24 PM
J
jbuell Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Thanks for the advice. I have been over to Rock Port and goose island a few times. Earlier this summer I caught about 20 Flounder in 5 days and around 15 specks. It was a really good trip.

Now dont go calling me disabled. Haha, I may only have a 4in nub for a right foot, and some shrapnel still in my back but I get around just fine...Although when wading sometime the nub sinks in the mud, you know not enough weight distribution. Haha. I do happily accept my VA disability checks and my Army Med retirement, but I will never put a handicap plaquer in my truck...unless it's the Houston Rodeo and then I pull it out, but c'mon that parking is insane.

Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: jackiekennedyfishingguide] #12334586 07/11/17 08:39 PM
J
jbuell Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Wrong person

Last edited by jbuell; 07/11/17 09:42 PM. Reason: Wrong person quoted
Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: Ryan B] #12334615 07/11/17 09:01 PM
J
jbuell Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: Ryan B
Hey man thank you for your service it means alot. We have a house in POC that we faction to alot and when I'm in town id be glad to meet up and take you out on the water. Me and my buddy have a YouTube channel for fishing but were still learning it but were getting better Every time. Our last 2 outing we caught our limits. Shoot me a PM and your phone number and i'l give you a call. Thanks for your service again man.

Thanks bud, I appricate the offer. I have been fishing for some time now. My need is for someone that knows the waters well. I am well aware how treacherous the waters of port O'Connor are. They get shallow quick, fishing the big jetties involves knowing some tricks, and general navigation. I need an experienced fisherman who knows the waters to sit down with me and give me all the do's and donts if the area. The kind of thing a family member would do. I am from AZ originally, and no one in my family knows the first thing about salt water, tides, or boating.

I do appricate the offer though really, and I hope to see you around POC. I drive a dark grey 4x4 silverado 1500 with a matching campershell and Disabled Vet plates. I usually have some kids and a mean looking retired military working dog with me. I am a 6ft 8in white guy with limp, I definitely stick out in a crowd.

Last edited by jbuell; 07/11/17 09:03 PM.
Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: Pat Goff] #12334657 07/11/17 09:41 PM
J
jbuell Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted By: Pat Goff
It would be my honor and pleasure to show you around. Send me a pm and I'll get hold of you next week when I get back to Seadrift.

I sent a PM. Also, I researched your posts a bit...You seem like the guy to talk to before buying a boat. I am activly looking now, as soon as the house closes I plan on buying the boat....Yes we moved to POC before buying a house, we had an issue with the first house after the inspection and I walked. We have a 32ft bunk house camper, so we just decided to park the camper and keep hunting rather than extended our previous lease. Best decision We ever made! The kids have had a great summer and it gave us time to look.

I also looked back at my posts...You actuallu replied to a post of mine from 2012 when I was on leave. That was my month of leave after going thru a bunch of surgeries to sace my foot. I never replied to you back then because....well surgeries didnt work and I was getting my foot hacked off. I thought that was a strange coincidence. Funny how things happen. You replied to me in Aug 2012 and my foot came off in Sep 2012

Re: I just moved to Port O'Connor Texas [Re: jbuell] #12338760 07/14/17 05:12 AM
T
Thunk Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Take Pat up on his offer. He helped me out on my first trip to Port O. Caught a Texas Slam thanks to his help.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide