I was out last night. Came home with a nice box of crappie and some sandbass for the church fish fry. It was a nice evening with the full moon out.
If you go out at night here's some tips:
1. Only go on a lake you know very well, preferably without timber.
2. Stay close to the ramp if possible.
3. Focus on docks with mercury lights. You can also put one of those solar garden lights on a dock and it will become a honey hole after a few weeks.
4. Get a headlamp for every person on the boat. Have an excellent spotlight on the boat.
5. Wear your life jacket.
6. Everything you do from retying a hook to taking the boat out is ten times harder after dark.
7. use minnows.
John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.