Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
5lbtest, Short fuse 8_5, flymt, ken1, bbrandog
106356 Registered Users
Top Posters
TexDawg 86916
hopalong 78789
Pilothawk 75561
JDavis7873® 67385
John175 ® 65721
FattyMcButterpants 60793
Derek 🐝 58856
Tritonman 57718
LoneStarSon® 53702
SkeeterRonnie 53100
facebook
Forum Stats
106356 Members
61 Forums
811869 Topics
10249991 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#12314710 - 06/28/17 08:59 AM What would you do?
i-Fish Offline
Angler

Registered: 06/07/16
Posts: 488
Looking to buy a boat. However, I'm in a pickle. There is one boat which is THE boat that I want that isn't available until September. It's a great deal too. Someone else is interested in buying the same boat as well.

There is a second boat that I would also enjoy having but it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the other boat has but I would be happy to have it.

There is no guarantee that I will get boat #1. Good chance but no guarantee. People are people and sometimes they don't always follow through on what they say.

I REALLY want a boat NOW.

So the question is, do I buy boat #2 now and sell in September if boat if and when boat #1 becomes available to ME? Do I take a chance, not have a boat for another 3 months and wait for boat #1? HEEEEELP!
_________________________
If you can't find em wind em.

Top
#12314714 - 06/28/17 09:02 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
TwoLakes Offline
Pro Angler

Registered: 08/04/09
Posts: 853
Loc: Texarkana, AR
Put a deposit down on boat #1 now and wait until September.

Top
#12314727 - 06/28/17 09:09 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
TexanTiger Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 07/10/15
Posts: 21
not sure how much experience you have in buying and selling boats, but i personally would not buy a boat i plan on selling in less than a couple years...way too much head ache, i am impatient and know the feeling of wanting it now, i have always been happier when i waited, good luck!

Top
#12314738 - 06/28/17 09:17 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: TexanTiger]
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 02/08/15
Posts: 216
Me personally, I would wait, the dog days of summer are almost here! September will be prime time!

Top
#12314739 - 06/28/17 09:18 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
5PounderOnAFrog Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 12/03/10
Posts: 245
Loc: Conroe
Its too hot right now anyway. Wait til September

Top
#12314757 - 06/28/17 09:31 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: 5PounderOnAFrog]
BigBassB Offline
Angler

Registered: 01/18/16
Posts: 342
Loc: Van Alstyne
Originally Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog
Its too hot right now anyway. Wait til September


Too hot right now?..... violin

To the OP, patience my friend. Patience....
_________________________
McKinney Bass Club

BASS ADDICTION
.·.

Top
#12314763 - 06/28/17 09:36 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
Zebco1961 Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 04/02/16
Posts: 126
Loc: Palestine TX
There is a great boat and price somewhere everyday of the year.

Top
#12314765 - 06/28/17 09:37 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: BigBassB]
5PounderOnAFrog Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 12/03/10
Posts: 245
Loc: Conroe
Originally Posted By: BigBassB
Originally Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog
Its too hot right now anyway. Wait til September


Too hot right now?..... violin

To the OP, patience my friend. Patience....

I mean I'm still out there a few times a week. Just trying to help OP out lol.

Top
#12314956 - 06/28/17 11:44 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
Ian Fellenbaum Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 11/05/15
Posts: 231
Loc: Mesquite, Tx
Wait for "THE boat"

Top
#12314969 - 06/28/17 11:57 AM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
i-Fish Offline
Angler

Registered: 06/07/16
Posts: 488
Patience....what a silly concept. I guess I'll wait! I hope to get that boat! Thanks for the wisdom. I just need to calm down....and probably stop looking at boats grin


Edited by HookinToads (06/28/17 11:57 AM)
_________________________
If you can't find em wind em.

Top
#12314993 - 06/28/17 12:16 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
David Allen Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 04/22/15
Posts: 40
Wait for "THE Boat". You will be happier in the long run. Get what you really want; don't settle.

Top
#12315011 - 06/28/17 12:26 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
Matt Jackson Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 03/18/09
Posts: 1115
Loc: Rockwall, Tx
Like mentioned above I would ask to put a deposit down on the boat you want to secure it. DONT GET INTO A HURRY BUYING A BOAT!!!!
_________________________
Check us out @
www.rayhubbardbassclub.com

Top
#12315062 - 06/28/17 12:56 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 08/26/04
Posts: 1558
Loc: Denton
Buy a $300 kayak to fish out of until the boat you want is available. You will get it cheaper when hunting season starts
_________________________
See you on the lake and have a great day!

Top
#12315073 - 06/28/17 01:00 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
m.sherman Online   content
Pro Angler

Registered: 06/24/10
Posts: 624
Loc: eagle mountain lake
don't buy either until ur 100 percent sure
i know it is tuff being without a boat makes us do crazy thing to get on the water but be patient there is a lot of fish in that sea
something else will pop up might blow them both out of the water

Top
#12315112 - 06/28/17 01:27 PM Re: What would you do? [Re: i-Fish]
Chris_K Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 01/14/15
Posts: 1182
Loc: TX
Don't let 3 months disappoint years of boat ownership.. offer to put a deposit on boat #1 and wait.

Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >



© 1998-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide