Print Thread
Looking for a little help here #12305508 06/22/17 01:25 AM
J
Jigflippa Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
I've never really asked for anything like this but I was wanting to ask y'all for a little help. I'm a 25 year old guy and avid bass fisherman. I recently have been having some serious health problems and was diagnosed with severe Ulcerative Colitis disease. This disease can be a real pain in the rear (literally) and has really knocked me down hard in the past year, the past few months have been especially tough. I am about to undergo a surgery that will keep me down and out for quite a while and I won't be able to fish for at least the next few months. Unfortunately I am unable to work and don't really have the strength to fish as of now. I've been in the hospital for the past two weeks. I really want to start building custom tackle and learning about hand pouring plastics, making spinnerbaits/buzzbaits and making crankbaits. Unfortunately since I am unable to work and have such expensive medical bills, I am having trouble affording all of the equipment I need to build my own custom lures. I'm not asking for any handouts but I was wondering if any of y'all had old or unused gear or tackle sitting around that I may be able to buy off of you for a cheap price or maybe just borrow unti you needed it again. Things like old tore up plastic baits I could reuse. Or lead jig molds, lead melting pots, hooks for the molds, skirt material, plastisol, soft plastic bait molds, injectors, etc. I don't have much money to spend but I am willing to pay and I sure don't want a handout. When I am healthy I run my own full service tree business and l could pay it back to y'all as soon as I can get healthy again. Maybe I could trade some tree trimming/land clearing for some lure making equipment! I live in Weatherford, TX by the way.
Since I can't really fish right now I'd love to send y'all some of my creations in the mail so you can tell me how they work! I can't meet anyone to pick up stuff (because I'm in the hospital), but maybe I could figure out a way to pay y'all online to cover shipping. Thanks for all the good advice and tips you put on here. It helps me keep my mind off this [censored] and stay positive! Y'all rip some lips for me!!

Feel free to call/text/or email me if you're interested.
God Bless
Garrett
(817)565-4477
garrettbradfordmusic@yahoo.com
I've asked for anything like this but I was looking for a little help. I'm a 25 year old guy and avid bass fisherman. I recently have been having some serious health problems and was diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease. This disease can be a real pain in the rear (literally) and has really knocked me down hard in the past year, the past few months have been especially tough. Unfortunately I am unable to work and don't really have the strength to fish as of now. I've been in the hospital for the past two weeks. I really want to start building custom tackle and learning about hand pouring plastics, making spinnerbaits/buzzbaits and making crankbaits. Unfortunately since I am unable to work and have such expensive medical bills, I am having trouble affording all of the equipment I need to build my own custom lures. I'm not asking for any handouts but I was wondering if any of y'all had old or unused things sitting around that I may be able to buy off of you for a cheap price or maybe just borrow unti you needed it again. Things like old tore up plastic baits I could reuse. Or lead jig molds, lead melting pots, hooks for the molds, skirt material, plastisol, soft plastic bait molds, injectors, etc. I don't have much money to spend but I am willing to pay and I sure don't want a handout. When I am healthy I run my own full service tree business and l could pay it back to y'all as soon as I can get healthy again. Maybe I could trade some tree trimming/land clearing for some lure making equipment! I live in Weatherford, TX by the way.
Since I can't really fish right now I'd love to send y'all some of my creations in the mail so you can tell me how they work! I can't meet anyone to pick up stuff (because I'm in the hospital), but maybe I could figure out a way to pay y'all online to cover shipping. Thanks for all the good advice and tips you put on here. It helps me keep my mind off this [censored] and stay positive! Y'all rip some lips for me!!
God Bless
Garrett
(817)565-4477
garrettbradfordmusic@yahoo.com

Last edited by Jigflippa; 06/22/17 01:31 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12305510 06/22/17 01:26 AM
J
Jigflippa Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
also if any of y'all have old jigs or spinnerbaits that need reworked I would gladly take those and try to get them fixed up again.

Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12305621 06/22/17 02:25 AM
horseplaydvm Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Very sorry to hear about your medical problems. You seriously can't work? Lots of people have this disease and it can be manageable under the right medical professional. My wife had it and we controlled it for a while on low dose prednisone. When she became pregnant with our first child she stopped taking the prednisone. The symptoms did not reappear until several weeks after my daughter was born. She went back on the prednisone until she became pregnant with our son 18 months later. Again no symptoms until after our son was born. Then it occurred to me that she had no symptoms when her progesterone was high during pregnancy. So we went to an endocrinologist and she put her on low dose progesterone. No symptoms for 8 years now. Not sure if this disease can be hormone related in males but might be worth getting some bloodwork done. Good luck and hope you get well soon!

[Linked Image]
Gone Fishing
B.A.S. 6/5/47-6/6/12
C.W.S. 9/29/72- 10/17/23
Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12305659 06/22/17 02:54 AM
C
Catfishd Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Jigflippa if you ever need to talk PM me. I have Crohn's disease and have had it since I was 19 I am now 43. I have had two surgeries over the years. I was on every medication known to treat it including experimental. I have been in remission now going on 9 years. I am medication free and flare up free. I don't care what the doctors tell you you can control it with a proper diet and excercise. The steroids they will put you on will blow you up and put major weight on you after surgery. I am a gym rat. And chiseled. Gluten free food lots of protein and veggies and a routine workout plan will have you feeling better. Hang in there you can live abnormal life. I don't have anything to give but I can ask around for you. When you get on your feet you can find some good deals at garage sales of wives throwing out their husbands tackle lol.

Jaws ( AKA Danny )
D&D Cabling Solutions
817-213-6733
Arlington Martin Bass Team Booster President
2017 Pheonix 921 PHX (Black Ice)
Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12305796 06/22/17 05:13 AM
J
Jigflippa Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
In answer to the first post, no I cannot work seeing as I have been in the hospital for two weeks and am about to have my entire colon cut out of my body lol. That is interesting, will check into hormonal stuff. Great idea. I also have tried every type of diet and natural alternative possible. I hope the intent of this post was not misconstrued, I am NOT asking for anyone's money or charity. I am simply asking if anyone has any used lure making equipment that they would be willing to sell for cheap or some used soft plastics that they might want to give away instead of throw in a trash can. I currently [censored] blood about 20 times a day which poses some serious problems since I have spent the past 4 years working 10 hrs a day with a chainsaw in my hands haha. I do expect to fully recover and have a very positive outlook, however this recovery will likely take months if not a year and I thought lure making might be a good way for me to get my "fishing fix" haha. I'm making the best of the situation and making a small amount of money by giving referrals to other folks in the tree business who will kick me back a little cash for sending them work. It's a nasty nasty disease and everyone is different, I know people who can take low dose prednisone for a few weeks and be back to normal. In my case I have been on every medication they make and every diet I could find, none seemed to help. Definitely going to check on the hormones though. Great idea. Take care guys!

Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12305798 06/22/17 05:16 AM
J
Jigflippa Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
And just for the record I don't take a dime of government money for disability or a subsidy on my insurance even though my doctors have basically begged me to. I'm not that guy!

Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12305865 06/22/17 11:54 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
YouTube making your own soft plastic molds. They are cheap and easy. Not something that would be a production outfit but would de ghost definitely get you going to see if pouring plastics is for you. PM me your address and I will send you all our leftover plastics I bring home.

Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12307056 06/22/17 10:14 PM
horseplaydvm Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I certainly don't think you are trying to scam anyone. I am concerned that you are only 25 years old and have this severe of disease. Surgery to remove your colon at 25 is insane! I hope you got a second opinion. If not, get one.

[Linked Image]
Gone Fishing
B.A.S. 6/5/47-6/6/12
C.W.S. 9/29/72- 10/17/23
Re: Looking for a little help here [Re: Jigflippa] #12307795 06/23/17 12:47 PM
C
Cass Caldwell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Sorry to hear that you have UC. My wife has had Crohn's for 10 years, so I know first hand what these diseases are like. See has had 3 surgeries and has been on several different medications. Over the past year or so she's felt better that she's felt since she's had the disease, and it's because she changed her diet. She doesn't eat processed foods or foods that contain gluten. She cut out all dairy and bread as well.

Shoot me a message if you'd like, she'd be glad to talk to you about it.

Good luck.

Owner, ShredFin Fishing Co.
Veteran Owned

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide