Forums59
Topics1,037,857
Posts13,935,678
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12212187 04/23/17 06:22 AM
G
gar1970 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted By: Catfish Lynn
Brief Update ...

Currently (today & tomorrow- Sat & Sun), I am finishing up about 3 monthly stories, and scanning a few pics to blend them together so I can squeeze more pics in for their given months. It looks as if I will be at OfficeMax Monday or Tuesday with the layout & have the hard copy (standard calendar) approved, in order to print more by mid-week. Also, a few alterations, then the Flat Wall Calendar. And then a few more adjustments, the mini-calendars right on their heels.

The scanner has been unearthed & awaits its Catfishing Calendar Workout. I also have to put in new ink cartridges. Back to the Calendar routine.

Just in case you were wondering ...
thanks for the update Lynn can't wait!

https://www.Jiglyf.com

TEXAS ELITE ANGLER
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12214941 04/25/17 08:04 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Here is the latest update for those who are inquiring.

I pulled an all-nighter Sunday night. Worked from 8 PM Sunday until 5:30 AM Monday to finish & put things together after typing up last minute items, printing, pasting photos, scanning, then copying files to a lash drive & burning them on a CD to take to OfficeMax.

I sat down with Art for about 2 hours as we got it sorted out & tested for correct run (printing), then adjusting clarity & such. I think I have 3 prelim copies (free). 1 actually is fairly good. And two or 3 extra Cover Sheets as he was tweaking & testing it. He also rescanned the photo collage cover & it came out superb.

13 first run copies were being made as I left about 3:15 PM & will pick up Tuesday after work. I hope to be awake to figure costs in the next day or so. Plus I need to investigate PayPal to make it easier on some of you out there.

Here is the line-up features for the 2017 Hard Copy printed "Four Corner Late Edition" (collectible & hand numbered):
***2017 Cover - Between the 4 corners (pics of the previous 4 hard copy covers- 2009/2010/2011/2013), are 3 new photos in the center- Robyn's YellowCat, Wildman's YC (from San Antonio River), and Al Jones/Keith Ginsel's record 61.13# BlueCat from Lake Limestone (R-n-R & All Tackle, still current). It was all I could fit, due to tight space. [NOTE: 2018 Edition I think will limit to 4 full size photos for the Cover.]
***Greetings (2 page intro on backside of Cover)- includes Greetings, updates, KEY & 2 photos from Running Branch [RB] (1 is of 3 really hefty Yellows- 2 are over 60#)
***January- Tips (Bleedover) & a few various Cats
***February- Tips: KEY & Percentages & a few various Cats
***March- Tips: Roam-Feed Circuit & Baits & a few various Cats
***April- Running Branch Marina & a few various Cats
***May- Justin's YC
***June- Robyn's Gator Gar
***July- one of Dave's Texas trips
***August- Robyn's YC
***September- Al & Keith's Lake Limestone record BC
***October- "Wildman's" 3 Cat records & certificates
***November- Yesenia & 3 Cats, plus Leo & one Gator Gar
***December- Dave's Oklahoma BC trip
***backside of December- some new Testimonies of the Catfish Calendar

Of note, are 7 (2 & 5) photos of thumb nail size pics ranging from 9 KB to 50 KB in size, were very challenging. I think we did excellent in getting the best we could from them.

Plus, along with the Hard Copy is a separate photo size (4x6) of the revised 2017 LCC KEY, so you don't have to flip back thru the Calendar to remind yourself of the Tips provided.

This year's 2017 Edition, now has the PYC days also incorporated into it (no more separate sheet).
Color pages- Cover & each of the 12 month story/pics ("stics") pages

In the next few days, I will figure out which photos (& KEY) for the Wall Shoot for the Wall Calendars. And then Art will set that up. That will be for the other biggie- the 18" x 24" Color LCC Flat Wall Calendar.

--->>>2013 Edition Trivia- In setting up this flat Wall calendar up for the 2013 Edition, the photos were of such mass (MBs worth) it literally shut the OM Printing Services computers (system at this location) down to where they had to reboot. This happened several times in further experimenting. This had never occurred before. Adam finally figured out out how to stuff them in & do a phenomenal job then & they have really beefed up their system since then (the past 4 years) to prevent that, due to that encounter. Just in case you don't realize what an undertaking the Catfish Calendar is from other angles than just my compilation.

The other smaller Wall Calendars (little extras) will be taken from that setup.

Following that within the next week, the other little extra, is setting up the mini calendars. I may stay with the 2017 main cover, or vary from it. KEY on inside cover, then just the basic 12 month numbered calendar with all the codes (including PYC days) with a few blank pages in back for notes. They are not in color, to keep costs down.

--->>> Another trivia moment for the 2017 edition: To give you an idea of what an all-nighter can do ... I was at Walgreens after work before going home, to put in the Calendar KEY to make Pics of. It got to the point it wanted me to type in the coupon code. I looked down & no keyboard was there. I actually opened up some compartment below & no, it was not there. I pulled the head face of the 'Puter & no, was not in there. I was getting frustrated, so I called out to one of the guys for help. About that time, I looked at the screen & said Oh, never mind, one of those "DUH" moments. Keyboard was pictured on screen. Obviously it was definitely time for some Vitamin Zzzzz.

Speaking of that, time for Round 2 of another dose.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12216478 04/26/17 12:03 AM
K
kykat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
bump

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12226507 05/02/17 08:58 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Greetings Everyone!
Whew! What a Month! I have been very busy, not just with the compiling of the 2017 Lynn's Catfish Calendar printed editions!

This is the First of 3 posts for May 2017.

My apologies, it seems our land lines were out Sunday afternoon. This has happened over the years again & again, the techs wish they would be informed to correct the problem, but repair service (as to the ones you get on the phone) does not see it that way (as they put it off until Monday).

And Friday, my car broke down. So it seems I am getting a few curve balls thrown in my direction.

Before I make the announcement, I wanted to take the time to address what "ETX_Chad" spoke of. You see, I originally had 3 options for sharing the Catfish Calendar. They were as follows ... 1st option- monthly on the TFF here in the Catfishing section FREE, secondly- quarterly via an email list FREE, and third- by way of the printed calendar which shared it thru the end of December (for about the printing costs). However, due to email changes by my server, I had to cease the Quarterly. After I finally figured out what was going on, and how I could possibly fix the problem, I also came to the conclusion that I could not keep up with everything. So I had to drop the Quarterly realizing there just was not 27 hours in a day to be able to handle it in a capable manner.

I wanted to make sure though that those who could not afford to purchase a copy in print, still had access to it, at least monthly. As well as, those who remain skeptics but willing to try it out privately.

But at the same time, those who wished for, or could pay for a printed copy, I would share the Calendar, to or thru the end of that year (as to the 3rd option). Some may or may not know it, but the Calendar is printed here locally with no financial backing or paid advertisements. If I put in any such endorsement, it is due to my decision. Due to this, there is no great price break on the printed copy. Or a sponsor picking up the tab. Nor is there any profit in it. OfficeMax has done their very best working with me. While costs have risen since the 2013 edition, the new addition for 2017 is very affordable for whichever mode or method you choose. The Catfish Calendar helps you get more Bang for the Buck. In these times, we can use really be thankful for Tools like it, which maximize our catches & make life even more grand. It's great to go fishing, but it is even greater to catch more. It would be nice some day to make a profit, but for now, it can only be called a hobby. I have to be careful not to lose my shirt (burn a hole in my wallet), so I may round up the costs to the next dollar. That helps to re-coop some of the expenses I have put up front, but I am sure falls short of that hope.

On shipping, I have to calculate the USPS costs. plus the Bubble Mailer envelope to help protect your copy. Not to mention the other 1 or two large envelopes that they are put in before getting into the Mailer envelope. Normally, I have been limited to accepting checks or Money Orders. But I have finally set up PayPal as most have asked for that option. If you choose check or money order, there is more of a time delay. But for PayPal, it is faster, but a fee is imposed which is very nominal & I pass that on to you. The PayPal option seems to up & running now, as of just now.

On multiple items, I will be able to bring down the per copy shipping cost, but will need to figure it out. I was hoping to have all editions printed & prices available right now, as I type this. At this moment, I only have the standard wirebound flip type "Hard Copy" But due to it being 4 years ago since the last printed editions, the other "biggie" [18x24 COLOR Flat Wall Calendar] is still being assembled & tweaked. Once it is done, the two smaller Flats will utilize the same setup. The "Mini-Cals" are also being assembled, as well as touching base with Adam in Chicago, as to best options. The past two times, we utilized old stock that they needed to get rid of, while helping us to lower its cost. That worked out great for both parties.

Another thing--- I want to stop & tell everyone that you do not have to be utilizing the Catfish Calendar, nor believe in the Catfish Calendar, to have your picture or pictures in it with a little story. And you do not have to have caught some big Cat or Gator Gar. Or even have a really big mess (pile) of Cats. The important thing, is that you are out there trying.

If you want any "Hard Copies" of the 2017 Calendar, those are ready now. You can contact me by email <hlynnh@peoplepc.com> (that is a little "L", as to the 2nd letter), or by a TFF PM to <Catfish Lynn>. I'll send you a brief of the Hard Copy price (under $18) & shipping costs. As soon as the others become available, I'll let you know. Please don't forget, I am a night owl (on the 'puter usually late night). I do not access the computer, email, or TFF during the day on weekdays. And sometimes, I may not make it to computer, so bear with me, in my response.

The Hard Copies are mailed in Bubble Envelope Mailers, while the Flat Wall Calendars are mailed separately in Tubes to prevent creases. And all are hand numbered as collectibles. Don't forget, I added some more testimonies to the back of the month of December 2017 Hard Copies.

Previous Collectible Hard Copy Editions (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013) are still available, as needed. I will need to inquire as to their reprint price.

Well, there ya go!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12226508 05/02/17 09:03 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
This is the Second of 3 posts for May 2017.

Sadly, nothing has happened yet as to the Calendar thread becoming a sticky. I guess I will inquire in a few days into the manner, on behalf of all of you who wish it to become so.

Meanwhile, it's time for the May RTF Calendar. I might note that Justin is featured for May 2017 in the printed "Hard Copy" with a really nice 30+ pound YellowCat. For the full lineup or roster of the "Hard Copy", see the recent post of mine (about 2 or 3 back from this one). The first 3 calendar months have some special tips on certain aspects which help to maximize & understand the Calendar.

Also, if you want to learn more YellowCat secrets, look for the post following this one. I'll touch on putting a YellowCat to sleep.

Here's your May 2017 Lynn's Catfish Calendar ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2017
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / 1 YC | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 BC | 5 BC | 6 ZIP
7 BC | 8 BC | 9 YC | 10 YC | 11 BC | 12 BC | 13 BC
14 BC | 15 BC | 16 BFT | 17 BFT | 18 YC | 19 YC | 20 YC
21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 BFT
28 YC | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP | 31 BC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2017 Moon Phases---
2nd- 1st Qtr
10th- Full Moon
18th- Last Qtr
25th- New Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2017 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
(29/30)/1 (Sat/Sun)/Mon
9/10 Tues/Wed
18/19 Thurs/Fri
26/27/28 Fri/Sat/Sun

EXTRA--- Targeted BC days this month are:
4/5 (Thurs/Fri)
7/8 (Sun/Mon)
11/12/13/14/15 (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Dun/Mon)
31/(1) (Wed/(Thurs))

Don't forget YC days are also great for Blues too.

For the KEY ... back up to April, if needed.

What are you waiting for?
Times a wasting!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12226509 05/02/17 09:19 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
This is the Third of 3 posts for May 2017.

In the YC & MC thread I shared about this terminology & how it came about. I took that & shared a little bit more after the April Calendar was posted in the Calendar [LCC] thread. It was not due to being related to Bullheads which have been coined as MudCats.

Yellows have an instinct to dive if they feel threatened. Another is to burrow in the mud to be safe. However, there is another side to that coin as to how a YellowCat can be put to sleep, by itself or by you.

To give you an example, I will share what Olen told me about it. He was one of my 2 YellowCat teachers. In April 1979, we had separate Catfishing trips planned for one weekend on Lake Livingston. He & his party were at White Rock Creek area. Our catfishing party was at the dam until Saturday midday & moved to below the dam on the river from Saturday afernoon. Olen's group had some lines set in the Jungle in the area where the mouth of the Creek joins the Lake & riverbed. The Jungle is a fair stretch maybe averaging about 5 feet to 15 feet or so of depth, if I recall correctly. But due to all of the timbers in that area, it gets its name. It also is YellowCat hiding & feeding territory. They were running one trotline & one of the guys said it seemed as if he was pulling up a submerged log, as it was heavy. At that very moment, Olen told them to stop & to gently hand him the main line. He eased on forward trying to do it in a very smooth manner. As he got further, it was obvious what was on the line- a big Yellow over 30 pounds. He eased on to get the Yellow beside him & the boat. He told the guys to watch. They did. He slowly put his hand under the Yellow & rubbed his belly for awhile. Possibly a good 60 seconds to 2 minutes worth. They all were perplexed & ask him what on earth was he doing. He explained he was simply putting the Yellow to sleep. He then instructed one in the front & one in the back to gently grab the main line. As they did, he easily let go & swooped both hands under the big Yellow & lifted him up & eased him into the center of the boat. They were all simply amazed at how easy it had been to get the Yellow in the boat with no dipnet & no fight. Olen said it was about 15 minutes (possibly 5 minutes, as this was about 38 years ago) before the Yellow awoke out of his deep sleep & almost tore up the bottom of the boat tossing & turning, thinking it might escape. He explained to the others that this is how a Yellow puts itself into a relaxed deep sleep. By either burrowing in the mud, or simply by wriggling back & forth on a harder bottom.

On one 24 or so pound Op at Running Branch, I demonstrated this to others back in 2002 or 2003. I explained to watch two things before, during & after. I said watch their eyes. As you rub their belly, it seems their eyes have some sort of change as to their stare. And they start breathing very deep. And yes, they get very mellow. No thrashing or trying to break free. Next time you catch a big Yellow, try it & see.

So, perhaps this is one reason they survive if they burrow into the mud with depleted oxygen as I shared in the post following the April calendar. Due to their special sleeping & breathing routine. Maybe this is why the legends of really big monsters (big Yellows) by the dam include them in some sort of "just lying there" stacked up. Perhaps it is also one reason they can be so dormant one time, yet so feisty another time. And it makes you also think of other things too. Such as rubbing the stomach of another animal seems to relax most into some mysterious manner. Probably there are specific nerves which are located in this area that are being triggered.

That's something to think about until next time.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12226513 05/02/17 09:38 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Yes, the Hard Copy (the standard printed edition) of the 2017 Lynn's Catfish Calendar is now availble. Other editions soon available.

*** Dave, I need your new address. Touch base with me when you see this.

As you currently read this, you need to back up to the April calendar & work your way forward to this brief. You may have missed several items, such as a share on Yellows as to why they are sometimes referred to as MudCats.

Then a first update on the printed calendars.

Next, an outline of what's inside the printed calendar for 2017.

Then the info on the 2017 calendar.

Followed by the May 2017 RTF Calendar.

And just before this brief- the share on how to put YellowCats to sleep.

And currently as they are saying in Star Wars themes-
May the 4th (Force), be with You, always!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12236200 05/08/17 05:18 PM
M
MercuryJump Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Is there a May-calendar I've missed somewhere?

Check out my facebook page:
"Fishing for a change"
https://m.facebook.com/Fishing4aChange/
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12236280 05/08/17 05:46 PM
tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Four posts above

I live with Fear everyday but sometimes she lets me go fishin
Lewisvillecatfish.com

PB 65#
www.lewisvillecatfish.com
Facebook.com/Tom Gravley
www.youtube.com/gravleybrats
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12243843 05/13/17 01:11 PM
carolinaskipper Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
will be fishing this evening. I noticed its blue cat days. I have a freezer full of mullet I cast netted on the beach a few weeks ago. I am thinking of throwing those on some jug lines at lake mathis. do you have any other suggestions?

2001 carolina skiff.
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12244111 05/13/17 06:00 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I have no idea as to mullet. Last time & only time I was on Lake Mathis (now Lake Corpus Christi) was back in 1979. I mainly used soap bait (for Blues & Channels) I got there at the KOA Campgrounds store in the area I think of Sweeney Switch (or near where you could drop at the river as it came into the lake. I was hoping to find the area fellow co-workers always set lines out, but that is somewhere on the west side of the lake. They said there were cliff walls nearby & that the area was shallow, but had holes where the big Yellows would hang out.

Also, this was before the Catfish Calendar was discovered soon after.

And from what Chad told me back in 2003, the guy that made the soap either quit or had died. I liked it bacause it floated. I would basically set lines almost on the bottom with 18" leaders & theCats would either see or smell the soap. My Dad & my Best Friend's Dad were lifelong fishing buddies & Old P&G soap catfishermen on the river. I caught a record ChannelCat off of "Redneck"'s soap in Limestone, but failed to do anything (get it certified & fill out the paperwork). I see somebody bumped that weight the past few years since.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12252853 05/19/17 11:41 AM
E
ETX_Chad Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Bump

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12274631 06/02/17 08:29 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Greetings!

Hope all of you out there fishing, survived the watersport crowds this past Holiday weekend. Only one more month until the next Holiday rendevous. July the 4th falls on a Tuesday for 2017. Here is a Qwik Preview into July- 1 ZIP (Sat) // 2 BFT (Sun) // 3 BFT (Mon) // 4 BFT (Tues) // 5 ZIP (Wed). Of those, July 3rd/4th (Mon/Tues) are a 2 day PYC (Lynn's Personal YellowCat Days) run. As to the Moon, May 30th was the 1st Quarter & July 9th will be a Full Moon.

While we each have our outlet of expression for Memorial Day & Independence Day, be sure & reflect on the inner reasons of those days, as they have to do with Freedom & those who have sacrificed their lives to make all of ours for the better.

Always remember that Freedom comes with a Price. And most of all, it comes with Respecting others, as well as their diversity. And that includes those on the waters who are not fishing. And it includes even those who Catfish, of whom there are a diverse perspective as the the methods & views on what to keep as well as what to eat.

For all of you Crappie fans, I think Ron is about to help me try to fine tune in on them even more to see if we can peg down a better pattern on Crappie, other than it seems they hit good on BC days, especially near the New Moon.

Speaking of that, I was asked recently concerning the Solunar Tables, as I mention them in the Calendar KEY. In the 2017 KEY (as well as the original KEY printed & shared in 2009 with the first printed Catfish Calendar), is this: "Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar."

While I cannot fully vouch for the solunar tables, some live & swear by them. They incorporate or allude to two major influences- the Sun & the Moon. But I wanted to clarify that there are two aspects that I am aware of. It is that there are Solunar days & Solunar hours. I am speaking of referring to the Solunar Hours to use in addition to the Catfish Calendar. The reason I note for use with Rod-n-Reelers is very simple. Set lines can be out working 24/7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). However, for those that Rod-n-Reel, you only have an allotted time on the water, especially if lightning or storms come in and you need to get off the water.

You know that old Native American Indian saying, of "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, feed him for life." It does not always work that way. It really makes my day when I see someone doing their part in promoting this, in one way or another. This month, I wanted to make Special Recognition of "MercuryJump" & his efforts of sacrificing a day a week to help feed others. Be sure to look at his facebook page: "Fishing for a change"
<https://m.facebook.com/Fishing4aChange/>
A recent trip was noted in <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12263864/>

Update on the LCC 2017 Hard Copy (printed wirebound) is that they are $17 (plus shipping). They take the calendar months thru the end of December 2017 for those who wish to map out their trips ahead of time. Get with me by way of a TFF PM on the side if you want any.

Sadly, I was hoping to have the Flat Wall & "mini-cals" (Mini-calendars) going by now. However, OfficeMax has been super busy (just like me) & Art was supposed to give Adam a ring up in Chicago to assist in the setup this last week & a half. Adam had done the previous 4 printed editions. I have not had a chance to get with Art to see if progress has been made, or got with Adam. I've been super busy as to my Metro, such as replacing fuel pump, fuel filter, a few new tires (Discount Tires had to get them in from Ohio for me, as 12 inch ones are not in stock much nowadays). Then I finally converted & put in Mom's new gas oven/stove. I bought it back in October from Lowes (that tells you how behind I am). Added a new window unit A/C to the Living Room this past weekend. Just to name a few things.

I was also hoping to touch base on the "sticky" situation as to the Yearly Calendar thread, but have not had the spare time to map out a proposal & present it yet.

Anyway, it's time for the June 2017 Lynn's Catfish Calendar. Summer is basically here already. And it looks to be a very humid one indeed. So do not get dehydrated. Last major time, was when me & my Uncle were working up on the roof during the summer a few years back. I was very weak for a few days. It was two days before I could take a leak again. I have no plans to ever get like that again.

Here ya go ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JUNE 2017
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BC | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP
4 ZIP | 5 BFT | 6 YC | 7 BC | 8 BC | 9 BC | 10 BFT
11 BFT | 12 YC | 13 BFT | 14 BFT | 15 YC | 16 YC | 17 ZIP
18 ZIP | 19 BC | 20 BC | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 BFT | 24 BFT
25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 BC | 28 BC | 29 BC | 30 ZIP

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2017 Moon Phases---
1st- 1st Qtr
9th- Full Moon
17th- Last Qtr
23rd- New Moon
30th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2017 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
5/6 Mon/Tues
14/15 Wed/Thurs
23/24/25 Fri/Sat/Sun

EXTRA--- Targeted BC days this month are:
1(Thur)
8/9 (Thurs/Fri)
19/20 (Mon/Tues)
27/28/29 (Tues/Wed/Thurs)
And Blues also bite goood on YC days.

Until next time, Have a Good One!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12302652 06/20/17 04:56 PM
E
erittmueller Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
Bump

Eric

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2017 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12319729 07/01/17 05:05 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Whew! I guess it could be hotter than it is. Let's Hope not, though.

Sorry for delay. I finished fixing my sister's Jeep late Wednesday night. Yay!!! So I took a breather Thursday night, but cratered at keyboard after starting assembling the July calendar post. Same for Friday, crashed even before getting to 'puter, after working late at the door shop.

Have fun for the Holiday & Be Safe & Stay Hydrated!!!

OK, Special Note (3 of them)--->>>

I needed to clarify something just in case anybody has somehow not realized it yet. I know I failed to make it known. As you know, on my Calendar KEY, I have noted that YC days are also great for Blues. Of course BC days are the ultimate for Blues. However, I need to clarify that the actual Catfish Calendar days marked YC are separate, yet run along with my Lynn's Personal YellowCat Days (now referred to as PYC). It means the Calendar base of 4 days (for my sigs- YC/BC/BFT/ZIP) use of YC days are the ones that are also great for Blues. I cannot verify as to whether the PYC days yield that same result, as I have not researched it, nor has anybody assisted in that aspect as of yet.

In the 2017 Hard Copy (wirebound printed copies), those of you will notice I have incorporated the PYC separate sig, in on the calendar dates, but in a separate place in those daily blocks, as well as Moon phases & certain holidays. But the PYC is separate from the standard Catfish Calendar 4 sigs, as it identifies the pattern running in the background. The use of both is like the merging of two separate, yet similar streamlining (like running beside each other with different rules).

Next, is that I have made up some Crappie Fishing Reports for Ron (my boss). He now has a notebook of them to fill out, as he continues. As I get about 5 to 10 reports back, I will try to get an initial pattern, be it compared to the Catfish Calendar or PYC days too. I may also try to see if there is some other pattern involved.

And Finally, not sure if any of you have heard or read about it yet, but America is about to get an across the board solar eclipse on Monday August 21st (2017). For more info, it's out there. This one has a map showing the path & the area tracked as to full or partials as it occurs going across the estimated middle of America. Mom said from one news item on it, it may become dark up to 20 minutes & temperatures may decrease as much as 20 F when it occurs. And the stars can also be observed, as if night has occurred during the day (looks to be late afternoon). It will be interesting if any of you are out fishing that day, as to what it might do to your catfishing. The 21st (August) is the 3rd day of a 7 day ZIP run. If there are many forest fires raging at the time, it may create a rather odd event as to what the view may be, as it darkens.
<https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com>
<https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/6/15/15804336/2017-solar-eclipse-map-united-states-nasa>

OK, Here ya go ...

Lynns Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JULY 2017
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 ZIP
2 BFT | 3 BFT | 4 BFT | 5 ZIP | 6 BC | 7 BFT | 8 BFT
9 BFT | 10 YC | 11 YC | 12 YC | 13 YC | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP
16 ZIP | 17 BC | 18 BC | 19 ZIP | 20 ZIP | 21 BFT | 22 BFT
23 ZIP | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BC | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 BFT.
30 BFT | 31 BFT
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2017 Moon Phases---
9th- Full Moon
16th- Last Qtr
23rd- New Moon
30th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2017 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days---
3/4 Mon/Tues
12/13 Wed/Thurs
21/22/23 Fri/Sat/Sun
30/31 Sun/Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days this month are:
June 27/28/29 (Tues/Wed/Thurs) // 6 (Thurs)
None
17/18 (Mon/Tues)
26 (Wed)
None // Aug 3rd (Thurs)

***Also note that YC days (not PYC) are also great for Blues

Be Safe!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread