texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,890
Posts13,954,913
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Any Jackson Gurus? #12299770 06/18/17 08:59 PM
T
T- Gil Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Trying to install a rudder on the Big Tuna. Instructions leave a lot to be desired. Isn't the rudder supposed to be spring loaded or something? I'm either missing the spring, or the instructions on how to engage it? There are a couple of screws in the housing, but I don't think they should come out. That's the only thing I haven't tried?

[Linked Image]

TEAM HUMDINGER

1st teach a child to love God, teach him second to love Family, 3rd teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. CC

"Una Stamus"
Re: Any Jackson Gurus? [Re: T- Gil] #12299905 06/18/17 11:09 PM
B
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
T-Gill,

I have a Jackson Cuda Lt. It goes back to the factory in a few days. It leaks badly. I look forward to getting it back if they can find and fix the issue.

Hey! Have you watched this video of an installation?

Brad

Big Tuna rudder installation

Re: Any Jackson Gurus? [Re: T- Gil] #12300358 06/19/17 09:24 AM
T
T- Gil Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Yeah, thanks, I watched that one. Hope they get you fixed up!

[Linked Image]

TEAM HUMDINGER

1st teach a child to love God, teach him second to love Family, 3rd teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. CC

"Una Stamus"
Re: Any Jackson Gurus? [Re: T- Gil] #12301503 06/19/17 09:23 PM
B
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Me, too, on getting fixed up. When I brought it home in February, the first time out, I grabbed it and lifted it smoothly overhead and walked all the way down to the lake about 100 yards or so. It is truly very light. Then, after a few hours on the water, when I pulled back up to the bank, I pulled it out of the water, grabbed it to carry it back up to my garage and . . . Woo! It had gotten very heavy. 2 gallons of water sloshing around turned my 58 lbs. kayak into about 75 lbs. And, the water sloshing around made it impossible to balance. Unfortunately, the drain plug on the Cuda Lt is positioned in an almost impossible placement to drain it off. One would have to essentially lift the kayak almost vertically, or hang it, then drain water from the stern end. Weird.

I will say this, the Cuda Lt is a very fast paddling kayak on the water and I really like these thermo-formed lightweights.

Is it set up optimally for fishing? Not a chance. Once I get the hull issue ironed out, I'll have to consider where to put things. Rails and tracks along the cockpit don't work well because that general area has to be left clear for paddle strokes.

Still, I love the paddling!

Brad

Re: Any Jackson Gurus? [Re: Brad R] #12302206 06/20/17 11:49 AM
T
T- Gil Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Brad R
Me, too, on getting fixed up. When I brought it home in February, the first time out, I grabbed it and lifted it smoothly overhead and walked all the way down to the lake about 100 yards or so. It is truly very light. Then, after a few hours on the water, when I pulled back up to the bank, I pulled it out of the water, grabbed it to carry it back up to my garage and . . . Woo! It had gotten very heavy. 2 gallons of water sloshing around turned my 58 lbs. kayak into about 75 lbs. And, the water sloshing around made it impossible to balance. Unfortunately, the drain plug on the Cuda Lt is positioned in an almost impossible placement to drain it off. One would have to essentially lift the kayak almost vertically, or hang it, then drain water from the stern end. Weird.

I will say this, the Cuda Lt is a very fast paddling kayak on the water and I really like these thermo-formed lightweights.

Is it set up optimally for fishing? Not a chance. Once I get the hull issue ironed out, I'll have to consider where to put things. Rails and tracks along the cockpit don't work well because that general area has to be left clear for paddle strokes.

Still, I love the paddling!

Brad

I figured out I have a spring missing. Typical for my luck. I've been in contact with Jackson and the dealer, and hope to have a replacement soon enough to get back on the water this weekend.

[Linked Image]

TEAM HUMDINGER

"Una Stamus"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide