Print Thread
Amistad Thefts #12301023 06/19/17 05:00 PM
S
sprigsss Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Wasn't going to post this but the more I think about it, I just can't stop wondering if others have run into the same issue.

When we go to Amistad we typically stay at Tommy's trailers, and have ZERO issues.

We've made 2 trips where he was booked and we had to stay elsewhere.

First trip we were getting ready to leave one morning and some young kids were running around our vehicles. I set down a Nikon DSLR camera on the back of the boat and then ran inside to use the restroom. When I came back outside the camera was gone. I assumed one of my buddies put it in a compartment on the boat or in the truck. When we get to the launch I asked about the camera and no one touched it. Searched the boat and not in the boat. I chalked it up as leaving it on the boat and it blowing out, but I remember looking for it before we left.

Last trip we made every night we locked up our gear in my truck. The very last night we left probably $1500 of rods in the boat. Around 10:00 the night before I unlocked my truck so my buddy could plug in his phone (forgot his wall charger) and forgot to lock the truck.

I woke up the next morning and noticed the console and glove compartment was open. The small sunglasses compartments were open. They took my buddies charger, my pair of binoculars and 3 - $1 bills. They did not take ammo, predator hunting light, game cams, etc. not to mention the $1500 in rods and reels in my rod holders openly visible. Every item under my seats was on top of my seats.

Two nights earlier we were sitting around outside drinking a few beers and this kid comes walking up. When he rounds the corner he spots us and looks startled and says he was at the wrong place. I'm pretty certain this is same kid I saw running around when the camera went missing.

I'm pretty certain it is kids due to what was stolen and what WASN'T stolen. I understand completely that both times I left items unsecured and was 100% preventable on my part.

But these kids I believe is somehow related to the people that own the place we were staying. When it was brought up, the owner got irritated and stated they never have a problem with thefts and those kids wouldn't do that.

I'm just curious if anyone has run into same situation. If it were my kids, I would want to know as a parent. I also have no proof as to who took the items. I won't post where we were staying on here, but will respond to a PM with anyone that has had the same thing happen to them. Would appreciate if anyone else had a similar to experience to let me know.

Last edited by sprigsss; 06/19/17 05:03 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Amistad Thefts [Re: sprigsss] #12301175 06/19/17 06:20 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
That sucks but the way it is nowadays. I carry everything into the hotel room with me because I don't trust locks as being a deterrent for most criminals. Hopefully you have good insurance

Last edited by Bobby Milam; 06/19/17 06:20 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide