Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend #12296490 06/16/17 02:06 AM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B
other Angler arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm.

http://www.scout.com/outdoors/wired2fish/story/1785288-anglers-cited-for-harassment-on-toledo-bend

Authorities were called to the water over an angler dispute and a gun being pulled on famed fishery of Toledo Bend.

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries enforcement agents cited an Opelousas, La. man for an alleged dispute over a public fishing hole on Toledo Bend Reservoir in Sabine Parish on June 12, 2017.

Agents cited Dean Bullara, 56, from Opelousas, for harassment of persons lawfully fishing.

Agents were called to the scene following 911 calls to the Sabine Parish Sheriffs Office (SPSO) from both Bullara and Donald Johnson, 48, of Deridder. Both men were in a dispute over a public fishing area on the reservoir near Kites Landing about 10 miles southwest of Negreet.

When LDWF agents and SPSO deputies arrived on scene they learned that Johnson and his wife were fishing the area when Bullara pulled up in his boat demanding Johnson leave the area. After a lengthy and heated dispute over the public fishing area, Johnson pulled a firearm on Bullara.

The Sabine Parish Sheriffs Office arrested Johnson for aggravated assault with a firearm and booked him into the Sabine Parish Correctional Center. Johnson reported that he had pulled his handgun in self-defense on Bullara because he felt threatened by his actions.

LDWF urges citizens that are being harassed while lawfully fishing in an area, to please call local authorities.

Harassment of persons lawfully fishing brings a up to a $750 fine and 90 days in jail. The harassment of persons lawfully fishing regulation provides that it is unlawful to disturb any hunter, trapper, or fisherman who is engaged in the lawful taking of a wild animal or who is engaged in the process of taking, with intent to dissuade or otherwise prevent the taking, or to prevent such persons enjoyment of the outdoors.

Aggravated assault carries up to a $1,000 fine and six months in jail.

Agents involved in the case are Sgt. Andrew Mitchell and Agent James Smith.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/news/41262

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296514 06/16/17 02:23 AM
L
Lil joe Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
I had an old codger in a pontoon boat try to run me off of a crappie hole at Rayburn once. He was going on yelling at us saying that this is his spot because he baited it. He said he put some dog food in a pvc pipe there. It's a spot we had sunk brush on yearly for many years. I stood my ground, I wasn't gonna leave. He started circling around us with the motor trimmed up high about half throttle. We just watched the show and laughed at him. It went on for about 4 or 5 minutes but it felt like 15 minutes. He finally backed his boat up within a few feet of mine and gas it like he was trying to spray us and headed back the direction he came from. I probably should have called the law but I had no signal in that area of the lake and I didn't really feel threatened. If he would have pulled out a gun it would have been a different story. This happened just before they started making phones with cameras, it would have been an awesome video roflmao

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296657 06/16/17 04:03 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Wait a minute isn't this the kind of thing that so many preach on here about settling it on the water and showing their firearm to intimidate all over a fishing spot??? Imagine that, the police take you to jail for it.

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296668 06/16/17 04:19 AM
M
Mega23 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Idiots hammer

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296737 06/16/17 10:52 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That's my hole, get out!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Bobby Milam] #12296746 06/16/17 11:08 AM
C
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Wait a minute isn't this the kind of thing that so many preach on here about settling it on the water and showing their firearm to intimidate all over a fishing spot??? Imagine that, the police take you to jail for it.

No, other than you saying just now I have never heard a TFFer suggest brandishing as a solution to a problem. But troll on buddy

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: catslayer] #12296758 06/16/17 11:24 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: catslayer

No, other than you saying just now I have never heard a TFFer suggest brandishing as a solution to a problem. But troll on buddy

Trust me there is at least one on here tbat did/would. I can recall one such incident from a couple years back.

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Mark Perry] #12296796 06/16/17 12:03 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: catslayer

Trust me there is at least one on here tbat did/would. I can recall one such incident from a couple years back.

Yep, I remember him Mark, on Lake Athens.

I had a meth monkey pull one on me and a couple of buddies on Palestine in the back of Flat Creek a few months ago. I thought about calling it in, probably should have.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296798 06/16/17 12:12 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
There must be a little more to it but if Johnson and his wife were fishing the area already and Bullara pulled up and started telling them to leave, shouldn't Bullara be sighted for harassing and not Johnson? The level of dispute would contribute to the issue of the gun but the dispute began because Bullara tried to get the married couple to leave.

Or am I missing something?

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296801 06/16/17 12:14 PM
B
Brad R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
"When LDWF agents and SPSO deputies arrived on scene they learned that Johnson and his wife were fishing the area when Bullara pulled up in his boat demanding Johnson leave the area."

I guess I just don't get it, pulling the gun notwithstanding. It appears it was Bullara who was guilty of:

The harassment of persons lawfully fishing regulation provides that it is unlawful to disturb any hunter, trapper, or fisherman who is engaged in the lawful taking of a wild animal or who is engaged in the process of taking, with intent to dissuade or otherwise prevent the taking, or to prevent such persons enjoyment of the outdoors.

I didn't read the article but if the Johnsons were there first, fishing, and Bullara did the harassing, I'd have ticketed him.

I don't know enough about Louisiana law to comment on the firearm issue, only that it is a second issue in my mind.

Brad

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296822 06/16/17 12:32 PM
B
Bassin Fever Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
My son and I were fishing a dock in legal waters from my boat in the water on lake Nasworthy in a slough behind some of those reeds that run back north by that frisbee golf course. A lady came down from her lake house and told us that we were tresspassing. Yelling at us that we couldn't be throwing any lures under her dock. She threatened us saying she wa going back up to her house and get a shotgun.i didn't argue as I didn't want to waste any time there we were fishing the annual Concho Bass Clubs tourney. We did just pull out and around her dock at least thirty foot away and fished on up the bank in the reeds. Sometimes it's best ( even knowing your in the right ) to just move on. I did mention it to of the members of their bass club.
Now if I'm already fishing in a good legal hole and some one comes up telling me I have to leave I might argue a little, but an old lady in her house coat threatens me with a shotgun nah it's not worth the fight. Especially with your son on board.

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296837 06/16/17 12:46 PM
F
Fisherdad58 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Sounds like both of the Stupid A Holes got what they deserved.

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296851 06/16/17 12:56 PM
K
Kisndismis Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
Felt threatened by his actions, you mean as in coming into your boat or swimming toward you? Doubt the judge buys that. Hope they take his gun and license away if he has one. Thats plain dumb. And a fishing hole is not worth dying over. Short of someone brandshing one in front of me, doubt mine comes out of the holster..... buts its visible when I turn around to ignore him!!

Watch it happen, make it happen, or say what the hell happened. Capt. Phil Harris F/V Cornelia Marie RIP
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Bobby Milam] #12296862 06/16/17 01:04 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
that's not a troll I've heard it on here a time or two myself

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Allison1] #12296876 06/16/17 01:15 PM
T
TinRangerJim Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Allison1
There must be a little more to it but if Johnson and his wife were fishing the area already and Bullara pulled up and started telling them to leave, shouldn't Bullara be sighted for harassing and not Johnson? The level of dispute would contribute to the issue of the gun but the dispute began because Bullara tried to get the married couple to leave.

Or am I missing something?

Bullara was cited for harassment, Johnson was cited for aggravated assault for pulling a gun on Bullara

"Rip Some Lips"
Nevadan by birth, Texan by choice
Retired USAF, 1966-1989
Jim C.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide