Forums59
Topics1,039,160
Posts13,960,164
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Allison1] #12296894 06/16/17 01:28 PM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Allison1
There must be a little more to it but if Johnson and his wife were fishing the area already and Bullara pulled up and started telling them to leave, shouldn't Bullara be sighted for harassing and not Johnson? The level of dispute would contribute to the issue of the gun but the dispute began because Bullara tried to get the married couple to leave.

Or am I missing something?

Agents cited Dean Bullara, 56, from Opelousas, for harassment of persons lawfully fishing.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296897 06/16/17 01:31 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Aren't most of our reservoirs actually Corps of Engineers lakes, and therefore have the standard no firearms allowed rules (certain hunting seasons excepted on some lakes)?

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Flippin-Out] #12296903 06/16/17 01:37 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: Flippin-Out
Aren't most of our reservoirs actually Corps of Engineers lakes, and therefore have the standard no firearms allowed rules (certain hunting seasons excepted on some lakes)?

No. Most of our lakes are controlled by river authorities.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Flippin-Out] #12296913 06/16/17 01:41 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I believe t bend is SRA controlled.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12296918 06/16/17 01:43 PM
B
Blues Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: BThomas
Originally Posted By: Allison1
There must be a little more to it but if Johnson and his wife were fishing the area already and Bullara pulled up and started telling them to leave, shouldn't Bullara be sighted for harassing and not Johnson? The level of dispute would contribute to the issue of the gun but the dispute began because Bullara tried to get the married couple to leave.

Or am I missing something?

Agents cited Dean Bullara, 56, from Opelousas, for harassment of persons lawfully fishing.

Bullara was cited for harassment. Johnson (the man being harassed) was arrested for assault with firearm.

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Flippin-Out] #12296924 06/16/17 01:48 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable

D/FW area has a lot of Corp lakes for some reason..........

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: RedRanger] #12297036 06/16/17 02:42 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

D/FW area has a lot of Carp lakes for some reason..........

I've noticed that too.

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12297038 06/16/17 02:43 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
This is pretty ridiculous. So you drive up on people fishing what you believe is your spot on a public lake and harass them to the point they think they need to pull out a gun for protection. What in the world is wrong with people. This guy should have his fishing license suspended for 6 months, or better yet have his boat confiscated for 6 months, be required to take anger management and be evaluated for mental issues before he is allowed back on the lake.

Last edited by redskeet100; 06/16/17 02:43 PM.
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: redskeet100] #12297179 06/16/17 03:51 PM
96speed Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: redskeet100
This is pretty ridiculous. So you drive up on people fishing what you believe is your spot on a public lake and harass them to the point they think they need to pull out a gun for protection. What in the world is wrong with people. This guy should have his fishing license suspended for 6 months, or better yet have his boat confiscated for 6 months, be required to take anger management and be evaluated for mental issues before he is allowed back on the lake.

Its a no win situation. I would like to see a stiffer penalty for the instigator. However, unless you are under fear of your life there is no reason to pull a firearm. If you are pulling your gun it better be to use it and not just to brandish it around.

In this day and age, there is no reason that one of the boaters pulls out their camera and record the whole thing. Call the police for harassment after the fact. It beats a stay at the cross bar hotel.

Again, all this could have been avoided if the pot licking [censored] just went to another spot.

Female drivers = No survivors
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12297246 06/16/17 04:22 PM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B
96speed - What makes you think the first guy on the spot was pot licking ? It's a community lake. Nobody owns the structure or cover in the lakes. If someone dumps brush piles in the lake and others find it, Good on them, they found them, they can fish them. First come first served.

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12297263 06/16/17 04:32 PM
F
Fisherdad58 Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I'll bet they both learned a lesson that day. Hopefully others will also learn.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Johnson boy don't get away with. Depends on whether Bullara shows up for court and how convincing Johnson is. That's if he wants to spend money on a lawyer and fights it. Might not get any more than a suspension of his CCL.

"Be as straight as you can be and as crooked as you have to be, for what's right"

Psalm 8
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: BThomas] #12297365 06/16/17 05:19 PM
96speed Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
96speed - What makes you think the first guy on the spot was pot licking ? It's a community lake. Nobody owns the structure or cover in the lakes. If someone dumps brush piles in the lake and others find it, Good on them, they found them, they can fish them. First come first served.

I never said the first guy on the spot was pot licking.

Boat #1 = on the spot fishing
Boat #2 = pulls up and demands the other boat leave

I was referring to boat #2. I have no idea if he was pot licking, but he could have avoided the whole thing had he just gone to the next stop, or even just kept his mouth shut. I can't count the number of times I've been cut off/cast on/etc. However, there is a huge difference in that happening vs that happening + someone demanding that I leave the spot I was fishing. You are just looking for trouble that way (from the law or a fellow fisherman that owns a firearm and is having a bad day).

Female drivers = No survivors
Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: 96speed] #12297375 06/16/17 05:22 PM
B
BThomas Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: 96speed

I never said the first guy on the spot was pot licking.

Boat #1 = on the spot fishing
Boat #2 = pulls up and demands the other boat leave

I was referring to boat #2. I have no idea if he was pot licking, but he could have avoided the whole thing had he just gone to the next stop, or even just kept his mouth shut. I can't count the number of times I've been cut off/cast on/etc. However, there is a huge difference in that happening vs that happening + someone demanding that I leave the spot I was fishing. You are just looking for trouble that way (from the law or a fellow fisherman owns a firearm and is having a bad day).

I agree, thanks for clarifying.

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: Bobby Milam] #12297407 06/16/17 05:44 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Wait a minute isn't this the kind of thing that so many preach on here about settling it on the water and showing their firearm to intimidate all over a fishing spot??? Imagine that, the police take you to jail for it.

Yeah, the same guy that catches record crappie and catfish. catches the big ones.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: Anglers Cited for Harassment on Toledo Bend [Re: catslayer] #12297410 06/16/17 05:45 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: catslayer
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Wait a minute isn't this the kind of thing that so many preach on here about settling it on the water and showing their firearm to intimidate all over a fishing spot??? Imagine that, the police take you to jail for it.

No, other than you saying just now I have never heard a TFFer suggest brandishing as a solution to a problem. But troll on buddy

Back off buckwheat! Maybe you need to do a little reading before posting.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide