I saw the other thread and figured I would make a new thread and also throw in some other options. If I am not wearing dress shoes (which I wear far too much) or workout shoes, I am wearing higher-end (not $10 Walmart specials) flip flops 100% of the time. I have owned every brand and probably have 20 pairs in my closet right now (until the next garage sale when my wife sells a few pairs and pockets the cash)
Top Flip Flops (these are all great, not in order of their greatness)
1) Reef Swellular Cushion Lux - fantastic. Great for fishing all day. One of my all-time favorites.
2) Reef Rover SL - made of fake leather but are also super comfy. Kinda dressy.
3) Reef Bosters - amazing and cool looking
4) Reef Fanning - These are more supportive than the rest. I have personally never had an issue with the bottle opener tearing stuff up but could see it happening (I don't need to step on any seats in my boat)
5) Corbian Draino - not as comfy as above but a cool design
6) Sanuk (Make from Yoga Mats)- not bad, look cool and are comfy
7) Hurley Phantom (Made by Nike) - super light weight and are surprisingly durable. I have some ugly orange/black ones that I just can't kill.
Olukai - I will catch heat for this but not my favorite. I have two pairs - including some fancy leather ones with Hawaiian engravings which are my most expensive pair of flip-flops ($110 or so) and a standard pair. For guys wanting arch support I can see it. These have arch support but I don't find them very comfortable. My wife can't wear these for 10 mins without getting leg cramps. I would walk around and carefully evaluate before buying. Quality is very good.
My normal set-up for a full day of fishing is flip-flops, then once I launch, I throw on a pair of Strike King Zekos. These are like slippers and have a super boat interior friendly bottom that won't wear carpet/seats. I keep these in the boat. Don't wear these in parking lots, etc.
Another cool shoe for fishing is the Sperry Billfish Ultra Light boat shoe. Waterproof with a anti-bacterial sole I like these a lot.
Reef Swellular Cushion Lux
Strike King Zeko