Print Thread
just moved back to DFW #12274694 06/02/17 12:00 PM
M
mad_catter1990 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
M
I've been gone since Feb 2015, and the past 2 years have been complete hell!! I decided to jump and eventually hit rock bottom, been in and out of the VA. Finally completed a PTSD and Treatment program. So that's all over with!! And I feel great, Just got into DFW 2 hours ago and I'm ready to start a new chapter in life. With much more fishing...how has everyone been?! I'm not gonna lie, I have missed a lot of yall...

PB flathead- 72#
PB Blue cat- 56#
PB Channel- 22#
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: just moved back to DFW [Re: mad_catter1990] #12274737 06/02/17 12:36 PM
stubby77 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Welcome back.take it one day at a time.congrats

Re: just moved back to DFW [Re: mad_catter1990] #12274924 06/02/17 02:01 PM
T
Tommy_V Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I am rather new here, so don't have any history with you, but that deserves a congratulations nonetheless. Welcome back!

Re: just moved back to DFW [Re: mad_catter1990] #12274925 06/02/17 02:02 PM
C
Captain Yakker Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I applaud you for getting help with your PTSD. Welcome back and be sure to fish a lot. Water therapy is good stuff if you can get away from all the boaters that lack any etiquette whatsoever.

Take care of yourself man. I don't know you, but I do know how crippling things like PTSD and other similar illnesses can be.

Fishin' to stock Lake Crisco.
Re: just moved back to DFW [Re: mad_catter1990] #12276257 06/03/17 03:10 AM
B
BigPoppa007 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
thumb fish

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: just moved back to DFW [Re: mad_catter1990] #12287176 06/10/17 04:54 AM
M
mad_catter1990 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
M
I appreciate the comments that the few people that decided to actually say something supportive.....Good I am just a little bit curious as to why some of the people i was very close with and I still was last i knew, I'm just curious to know why they have completely and entirely abandon me and will not return my calls or text Or anything. I considered A lot of y'all like family to Me. Like Rick, Honestly man, i truly looked up to you. Robalorick was the first person to be my friend when we first moved here i looked up to him in So many ways. He was a big role model for me...he Is probably the smartest and most talented cat fisherman I've ever met.And I hope to one day be half as amazing as he is. The same goes for him being a father. If I could be just a 1/4 of the father that Rick is, I still would be an awesome father i look up to that man and see him as the perfect example of what it means to be a husband and father...and I hope to someday be able to follow his example... we have spent probably over a 100 hours of time just talking on the phone And just discussing our Passion and love Of fishing. You also were there for me when my boat Sank at Lake Worth and I need help getting it on to the trailer and water Worthy. Hoare how about the time I was out with Kevin AKa big poppa and I caught a potential Lake record blue catfish on December 20 2014, You were the one that was there to help me make sure that I got it certified and weighed properly. You were the 1st friend I made when I moved down to Texas.And I miss you buddy as well as our long in depth conversations. Now what about Kevin AKA big poppa? Why have you been ignoring my calls in text All I wanna do is know you guys are doing good in your alright in guys are having fun. Yeah of course I'd like to fish with you guys in spend some time with you guys. But I understand you guys don't want to. Even though I never did anything to actually hurt any of your or screw anybody over. Only person I Hurt was myself. But for some reason you want nothing to do with me in that really hurt my feelings because I considered all of us and I mean every single one of us on this Forum To be family. Yeah I messed up in the past but it never affected any of you and I never Hurt any of you guys . So I'm back in town and I'm trying as hard as I can to meet positive people in my life instead of the negative self destructive people. But it's hard when all of the positive good people that you can relate To shun you and want nothing to do with you. So how do you expect me to keep my life on track If nobody wants to help give me some support. Because it's not like I'm asking for a $1,000,000 all I'm asking is for people To talk to me and include me in the group like I used to in when I ask a group of people if they wanna go fishing I find that hard to believe that nobody wants to go . So come-on guys give me a shot I'm finally home where I'm happy instead of in a town where I hate. S o please gimme a shot guys!!I promise that I won't let y'all down!!! And fortunately even though I May have lost alot of my gear that doesn't mean I lost all of my knowledge because It is all there lol. I Really would like to go fishing night or tomorrow whether it be rod n reel or hand fishing so if anybody might be interested shoot me a pm smile

PB flathead- 72#
PB Blue cat- 56#
PB Channel- 22#
Re: just moved back to DFW [Re: mad_catter1990] #12287229 06/10/17 10:38 AM
B
Blues Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Hang in there man, it'll get better, it always does. Do what's best for you and your family and things tend to work out.
I don't know everybody on the forum as well as some of you guys do, but I can tell you from my experiences things change(people change) even if we don't want them to sometimes. I used to live to fish and I fished almost daily. Everything took a backseat to my fishing and my fishing buddies. I'd skip rent for fishing trips if I had to and I didn't see a thing wrong with it at the time. If I missed school plays or baseball games to fish I would justify it somehow in my head.

Now I realize there's more important things in my life than fishing. Truly love and care about all my fishing buddies and would do anything for them. I'm still obsessed with fishing, but all that has to go on the back burner sometimes for my family. It's nothing against them in any way, it's just what I have to do for ME. The few real friends that I have can see that and they are still around. The ones that don't understand it ditched me and that's ok too.

Re: just moved back to DFW [Re: mad_catter1990] #12287506 06/10/17 03:26 PM
S
SGT BALLARD Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I don't know you personally Mad Catter, but welcome back home. It's great that your PTSD treatment is completed and things are going good. I'm praying that Life gets only better for you and your family and friends. I've read your posts in the past and enjoyed them. I will say that the TFF family is a great bunch of people. Take life one day at a time, everything will work out. I'm sure all the guys you mentioned in your post are still around and will respond to you at an appropriate time. You can't change anything that happened yesterday, don't worry too much about tomorrow, for it's not promised. Do the best you can today and thank GOD for the Blessing of seeing another day. Have a Blessed Day and keep your head up and count your Blessings.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide