Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Transfer the trust? [Re: InTheClear] #12286540 06/09/17 07:30 PM
R
redskeet100 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: InTheClear
I think a lot of anglers have to gain confidence in feeling the bite deep, I bring a lot of different people to Amistad where I put a 3/4 or 1 oz jig in their hands and put them on bluffs from 25 to 90 feet, the bite is far more aggressive than a Senko up shallow, especially when you have multiple fish competing over the jig, it blows their minds and they gain confidence too.

My advice, throw all of your shallow gear out of the boat and leave only heavy deep gear in the boat, go fish deep and learn with what is in the boat. Its a mind game, but it will work, I am living proof! I have increased the number DD's over the last 20 years buy doing this.

I think confidence stops more people from excelling in the deep water fishing than anything. It takes a lot of time to learn to graph, then correctly position the boat then the right way to fish it, and sometimes I find myself giving up instead of trying to fish it a different way. The learning curve is hard to progress thru when you are not sure you are doing any of it correctly. I am just so stubborn and want to figure it out vs having to have someone show me.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Transfer the trust? [Re: SwampyMarsh] #12286631 06/09/17 08:35 PM
D
DuctsZX250 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
D
For me there is no better feeling than being able to graph fish deep...throw a marker out and catch fish. I am not very good at it and learned a lot from guided trips but it sure is rewarding when it all comes together.

Biggest down side to me is when I spend the better part of a day graphing and don't find any fish.

Re: Transfer the trust? [Re: SwampyMarsh] #12287099 06/10/17 03:15 AM
B
Bill Durham Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I have learned to fish deep fishing deep water lakes in N. Georgia.. there, even when you are casting to the bank.. the boat is in 40' of water. Learning where bass live in deep water is trial and error.. yes.. there are places where they should be and are and there are places where they should be and they aren't.. But the key is to fish them with baits you have confidence in.. If you catch fish shallow with a green pumpkin trick worm.. I would fish that deep as well. The only thing I would change would be from Texas rig to C Rig or Drop Shot.. Good luck learning.. it will be worth it once you get confidence in it.

BD

Re: Transfer the trust? [Re: SwampyMarsh] #12287237 06/10/17 10:55 AM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted By: SwampyMarsh
I feel like I am a good fisherman, then you hear about these guys who catch close to 30lbs in a 3 hour workingmans. Kind of makes me wonder W T F I'm doing wrong.

I have a few spots on different lakes that I can stick a 5-6lb bass or three regularly. The "spot" is the size of a bedroom and the lakes are 45,000 acres and larger. The more "spots" you identify the better you will do in a tournament...30lbs is a team that hit some hot "spots" at the right time. Timing on the "spots" is important because you may have pulled up when the fish were inactive but in an hour they may be feeding heavy. Give it 15 minutes and try another "spot" if they aren't biting and come back later.

Time on the water is the only way to find consistent "spots" and when you find them keep them to yourself or they will get beat up. Share bait used, cover, water temp and depth but not description of where. With side imaging your "spot" will soon become a public hole. I feel for guides on having to find sufficient quantities of "spots" to keep clients on fish knowing a percentage of clients will come back in their own boat and beat those spots up. That's the reason I won't fish draw tournaments, I've had coanglers in a few draw tournaments straight out tell me they were only fishing the draw tournament to get "spots" to fish in an upcoming tournament they were fishing. I was doing their prefishing for them.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Transfer the trust? [Re: SwampyMarsh] #12287431 06/10/17 02:09 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
there are two guides on Lake Fork that you can hire for 1/2 days that specialize in helping you to learn how your electronics work and will show you what you are seeing.

I have fished with anglers who have hired both of them and thought they did a great job.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide