Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... #12281785 06/06/17 10:42 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Had some misadventures at Bass Champs on Tawakoni Saturday morning. As we pull away from launch ramp the boat dies like the kill switch was pulled. Fired it back up and it did it again. Now engine will not crank. Its raining like hell and still kinda dark out from the clouds and early morning. We check battery connections etc with no luck. Decide to drop trolling motor and just go fishing until the rain lets up. Get 2 fish in the livewell pretty quick just junk fishing. Finally catch a break and pull cowling. Notice a 20A fuse on engine is blown. None in the boat but Chad thinks the ones in my truck might work. Beach boat and he runs up to get a couple. No luck as they are a tad too big. He then runs to his truck and gets a couple. As soon as I try to crank the engine they blow. Starts raining again so back to fishing on the trolling motor. Not many areas to hit near this ramp and what little stuff we can fish has already been beat up bad.
Finally catch another break in the rain and call Fred at Diamond Sports Marine on Fork about 40 minutes away. He tells me it sounds like a coil. We check and sure enough the #1 coil is cracked. He tells me to load up and head his way and he will have part waiting on me and get his mechanic to replace ASAP so we can get back to fishing. We talk between ourselves and clear it with the Bass Champs guys for Chad to stay with boat and keep fishing and I will go get the coil and we will replace on the water. I head out around 10:30 or so. Chad gets back to fishing on the TM. Get back to Tawakoni and Chad got us 2 more keepers. We get coil swapped and boat appears to be OK. Fires up and we go to where he caught the other keepers and proceed to get a limit and cull a couple. Feeling better about the day but literally have no time to run anywhere distance wise as we had a 3:00 weigh in. Decide to run to mouth of the creek the ramp is in. Cull out a few more and catch a bunch that will not help. All is well.
Go to fire it up and go back to the spot we did the best on and as we are running I hit a boat wake and the motor bogs down. Will not plane out. We limp back in with no time to fish and weigh in. Not a huge limit but decent enough for what we had to deal with. Beats just quitting and putting it on the trailer.

After weigh in I pulled cowling and I guess we did not reconnect the plug wire as tightly as we could have and when I hit the wake it came off which explained why boat would not plane out. Ran it all Sunday morning and not one issue.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Fred, Mark and Kathleen at Diamond Sports for taking care of us. They had part on counter waiting on me when I got there and were willing to have Mark get it installed as soon as I pulled up if I had brought the boat. Great price on the part as well. I really appreciate all they did. Made a bad day a lot better.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: Mark Perry] #12281795 06/06/17 10:51 PM
H
hookedon Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Customer service at it' s finest very rare these days, thank for sharing. Glad you still got to fish

Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: hookedon] #12281797 06/06/17 10:52 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: hookedon
Customer service at it' s finest very rare these days, thank for sharing. Glad you still got to fish

actually had a really good time what little we were able to fish. I have had much worse days on the water.

Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: Mark Perry] #12281841 06/06/17 11:23 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I feel the same way about Rockwall Marine. You just can't beat their service and quality of workmanship. Because of that I will always recommend them to folks needing help and I'm sure Diamond Sports is just as good.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12282259 06/07/17 03:24 AM
Diezel_Rocker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I feel the same way about Rockwall Marine. You just can't beat their service and quality of workmanship. Because of that I will always recommend them to folks needing help and I'm sure Diamond Sports is just as good.

This is great to hear and doesn't surprise me. I have a Bass Cat on order and look forward to working with them in the future.

Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: Mark Perry] #12282286 06/07/17 03:46 AM
horseplaydvm Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
They are great people and do excellent work! thumb

[Linked Image]
Gone Fishing
B.A.S. 6/5/47-6/6/12
C.W.S. 9/29/72- 10/17/23
Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: Mark Perry] #12282297 06/07/17 03:53 AM
B.Hollingshead Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I drive 2hrs out there to see them anytime I need something, they are awesome to deal with knowing it's done right.

Branden Hollingshead

38-DD's and counting
Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: Mark Perry] #12282505 06/07/17 12:27 PM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Had some misadventures at Bass Champs on Tawakoni Saturday morning. As we pull away from launch ramp the boat dies like the kill switch was pulled. Fired it back up and it did it again. Now engine will not crank. Its raining like hell and still kinda dark out from the clouds and early morning. We check battery connections etc with no luck. Decide to drop trolling motor and just go fishing until the rain lets up. Get 2 fish in the livewell pretty quick just junk fishing. Finally catch a break and pull cowling. Notice a 20A fuse on engine is blown. None in the boat but Chad thinks the ones in my truck might work. Beach boat and he runs up to get a couple. No luck as they are a tad too big. He then runs to his truck and gets a couple. As soon as I try to crank the engine they blow. Starts raining again so back to fishing on the trolling motor. Not many areas to hit near this ramp and what little stuff we can fish has already been beat up bad.
Finally catch another break in the rain and call Fred at Diamond Sports Marine on Fork about 40 minutes away. He tells me it sounds like a coil. We check and sure enough the #1 coil is cracked. He tells me to load up and head his way and he will have part waiting on me and get his mechanic to replace ASAP so we can get back to fishing. We talk between ourselves and clear it with the Bass Champs guys for Chad to stay with boat and keep fishing and I will go get the coil and we will replace on the water. I head out around 10:30 or so. Chad gets back to fishing on the TM. Get back to Tawakoni and Chad got us 2 more keepers. We get coil swapped and boat appears to be OK. Fires up and we go to where he caught the other keepers and proceed to get a limit and cull a couple. Feeling better about the day but literally have no time to run anywhere distance wise as we had a 3:00 weigh in. Decide to run to mouth of the creek the ramp is in. Cull out a few more and catch a bunch that will not help. All is well.
Go to fire it up and go back to the spot we did the best on and as we are running I hit a boat wake and the motor bogs down. Will not plane out. We limp back in with no time to fish and weigh in. Not a huge limit but decent enough for what we had to deal with. Beats just quitting and putting it on the trailer.

After weigh in I pulled cowling and I guess we did not reconnect the plug wire as tightly as we could have and when I hit the wake it came off which explained why boat would not plane out. Ran it all Sunday morning and not one issue.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Fred, Mark and Kathleen at Diamond Sports for taking care of us. They had part on counter waiting on me when I got there and were willing to have Mark get it installed as soon as I pulled up if I had brought the boat. Great price on the part as well. I really appreciate all they did. Made a bad day a lot better.

That is good stuff right there Mark! thumb

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: Mark Perry] #12282697 06/07/17 02:28 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Fred is good people for sure!

Re: Big thanks to Diamond Sports Marine....... [Re: Mark Perry] #12282705 06/07/17 02:34 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Fred is the best

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide