Pot Roast Deluxe Version #12278241 06/04/17 07:49 PM
L
Lloyd5 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
L
For the Best Beef Pot Roast - ever:

Coat the roast in flour, then in a skillet with smoking hot grease brown it thoroughly, dark dark brown. Put in a crock pot, or a covered pot on the stove on low - either will work.

Now add a pot of coffee. Got this trick from my mom. It won't taste like coffee later, believe me.

Now add four tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder. It won't taste like chocolate later, trust me.

Add enough water now to bring the liquid up to the top of the roast, not quite covering the top, but almost.

Add several peeled onions, cut in half. Add your favorite seasonings - mine are garlic (powder if need be), salt, and black pepper. This roast is going to taste absolutely amazing so there's no need to get too fancy with the seasonings. You can add celery at this point if you like, I generally don't.

Cook all day, or until you can't wait any longer - basically until the meat is falling apart tender. The roast should be floating in the liquid, you want a lot of liquid.

An hour before serving, take out some of the juice and blend in flour, then introduce this back into the pot to thicken the sauce. Add several peeled potatoes that are cut in half lengthwise. Add carrots if you like.

Add more flour if needed/desired after 30 minutes to get the juice to a thin gravy consistency, you want the juice to cling to the meat and potatoes, but not be as thick as breakfast gravy but definitely not thin and watery.

Serve this with Yorkshire Pudding for a great final touch - it's easy to make and recipes are all over the internet. Yorkshire Pudding for those new to it, isn't actually a pudding, it's more like a puffy dinner roll that has a moist and eggy and crusty texture that is just wonderful with the roast gravy.

The coffee and cocoa create a fantastically dark aromatic savory wonderfully delicious and deeply soul satisfying flavor when mixed with the meat juices that come from the roast. Just amazing. Everyone that's tried it has fallen smooth in love with it.

This works nicely with pork roast too, but it's better with beef.

Give it a whirl.

Last edited by Lloyd5; 06/04/17 07:51 PM.

Texas State Editor: FishExplorer http://www.fishexplorer.com/tx

http://www.amazon.com/River-Proceeds-Wou...ds=on+the+river

Warm Water Fly Fishing Nut
Re: Pot Roast Deluxe Version [Re: Lloyd5] #12278287 06/04/17 08:23 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
4# Chuck Roast
Pack of McCormicks Pot Roast Seasoning
Cubed potatoes
1 Med. Onion chopped up
Mini Carrots
1/4 cup of water
Place the above in bag furnished in seasoning pack
Punch holes in Bag
Tie bag closed with enclosed tie wrap
Place in roasting pan uncovered (lower part of oven)
350* for 2 hours

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide