Easy setup for Flounder #12246996 05/15/17 11:41 PM
J
JoseAnt Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Hello Texas Anglers

This time I want to share with you the way I do my personal Setup for Flounders. The video contains my explanation in Spanish but I include notes in English. Please let me know in case you have a question.

I believe that watching this video, it may satisfy some of our natural curiosity that every angler has regarding what do other anglers use for setups, baits, or lures when they are fishing.

As I told you in previous videos, Flounders down here are very tricky to catch. They are not easy to be captured at all. Thats why many anglers instead using artificial lures they prefer to use natural baits. In this case, they use a small minnow called Pejerrey. The Pejerrey is very very effective, because (from my point of view) the following reasons:

- You cast the Pejerrey, and you can leave it floating (without retrieving) next where you think flounders are resting or are waiting for hunting
- You can retrieve the "Pejerrey", and sometimes leave it to be moved by the current like a dead or wounded fish
- If you have a hard wind day, because you use a lead with the Pejerrey, it will help you to cast the bait next to the right spots
- Finally, you can put in risk the bait in places where it could be impossible or too risky to use an artificial minnow due to two main reasons: 1) you dont have enough space/distance to let the lure work well, and 2) because the odds to get stuck in a seaweed or rock are very high and is better to lose a US$2-3 setup instead you lose a US$30-35 plug.

As you may see, even though it could be easier to catch a Flounder with a natural bait, since the last eight years I rather to use hard baits (DUO or Daiwa) or my Attilas Fat Minnow (my homemade balsa wooden lures).

In the video, that fishing day in general had good conditions. The shores were incredible, the tide was perfect, but there was a big problem. There was hard and strong winds, and cast my lures was a little complicate. I had my spool three times tangled up, so before to get upset I decided to change my DUO lure for one of my Flounders Setup.

The video has two sections. The first section, contains the materials and process explanation how to do the setup. The second section, contains how to set the Pejerrey and the results after walking into the shore for around 100 (mt) looking for to catch a beautiful flounder.

I hope you like the video, and please let me know whether you have any question.

Subscribe to my channel and leave me a comment in case you like or dislike the video. I will appreciate both.

Have a safe fishing, thanks, Antonio

Here is the link to the video:

Last edited by Uncle Zeek; 05/29/17 05:48 PM. Reason: added video icon

We have to practice and defend for a responsible fishing. Let's protect our environment

When ever have time, visit my Channel at Youtube, thank you
Pulpito Jig Series Channel
Re: Easy setup for Flounder [Re: JoseAnt] #12252198 05/18/17 10:22 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Interesting

Last edited by V-Bottom; 05/18/17 10:40 PM.

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Easy setup for Flounder [Re: JoseAnt] #12267884 05/29/17 04:59 PM
J
JoseAnt Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Really this is an easy way to prepare a rig for a natural bait. Maybe you can use it to catch other species... Please note the tip when I am using a wood stick to make the minnow straight and avoid to spinning out when you are retrieving the bait. For those wood sticks, I gather every wood stick that I use every time I go to Starbucks.

We have to practice and defend for a responsible fishing. Let's protect our environment

When ever have time, visit my Channel at Youtube, thank you
Pulpito Jig Series Channel
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide