Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12265840 05/27/17 09:07 PM
retdbasser Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Hackney just blew the excuses, a lot of people use because they can't catch fish, straight out of the water! roflmao roflmao roflmao

Yep.

You guys are mean. whip

Prepare for the future-it will be here tomorrow.
Personal Best Large Mouth Bass 9 lbs. 12 oz 5/13/19.
Herb Stein, who famously reminded us that “if something can’t go on forever, it will stop.â€
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12265882 05/27/17 09:52 PM
C
crankn101 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
More often than not he is wrong about the early morning bite (he knows it) BUT people (like myself) tend to use it as a handicap and just fish the first few hours then give up and head home.

Nowadays I tend to do as he described, sleep in then try to figure out the midday bite. It can be fun and rewarding some days and also make me want to drive into the dam on other days.

Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12266362 05/28/17 12:14 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Excellent points. The only "myth" I still have is the full moon...I find the bite better later in the morning. I do like to hit the lake at daybreak but that has more to do with getting off the lake around noon to avoid the pleasure boaters. Before the Ultrex I'd fish with the wind and drop a drift-sock or two to slow me down or use the Talon in 11' or less. Never really thought about wind direction except for which bank would be a good run. I like it when the wind is blowing down a bank more than waves hammering straight on it. Love clear sky days but clear skies and no wind can get brutally hot. Breakfast is done and heading to Lavon to fish areas with a ton of trees to avoid the boaters.

The Hack knows fishing. Now if I can only improve my jig fishing. That's my lure for the day.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12266367 05/28/17 12:26 PM
C
crapyetr Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
i like to use the nature logic...if the cows are feeding, the fish are biting...

MERCY - not receiving what you deserve
GRACE - receiving what you don't deserve
America's MESS = God's miracle fixes
I'd rather walk with God with no questions answered than to walk thru life without Him and know the answers
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: crapyetr] #12266383 05/28/17 01:00 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: crapyetr
i like to use the nature logic...if the cows are feeding, the fish are biting...

Sounds awesome if you are trying to catch cows. Not sure a domesticared four legged animal has same eating habits as a bass in the wild.

Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12266425 05/28/17 01:40 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
There are times of year where the very early morning bite is likely the best action of day. Like over the last month on most lakes where there was a good shad spawn. Phenomenal fish catching and you seriously are missing out if you don't think that early early bite is sometimes better, i.e. shad spawn. That said, his points make sense but I really doubt too many people believed those "myths" anyways.

Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12266438 05/28/17 01:45 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I catch more early....and bigger fish always around 2 pm.

....and I know why!!

I'm energetic early and fish too fast, and sore mouth every dink in the lake. By 1 or 2, I've been hammering the lake for 8 hours and I'm tired, so I slow down and catch big ones.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: crapyetr] #12266464 05/28/17 02:02 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Yep, and if they're laying down you might as well stay home. "Don't believe me just watch, Bruno Mars"

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12266500 05/28/17 02:22 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Yep, and if they're laying down you might as well stay home. "Don't believe me just watch, Bruno Mars"

So if cows are laying down in one pasture but another pasture up the road they are standing how will the bite be? What if a few to half are laying down in a pasture and ret are standing?

Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12266529 05/28/17 02:42 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

So if cows are laying down in one pasture but another pasture up the road they are standing how will the bite be? What if a few to half are laying down in a pasture and ret are standing?

The same at the lake....they are always biting somewhere. Just gotta find the right strectch of pasture.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: Mark Perry] #12266621 05/28/17 04:17 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Ha Ha, we've had this discussion before Mark. More than once when I left the lake and either zero'd or only caught a couple of dinks I would notice the cows were laying down and chewing their cud. No scientific evidence to back this up just an observation on my part. Now if half or more are standing the fish will bite but be on the bottom, lol. My son is a rancher in Kansas with more than 1000 Black Angus and when I mentioned this to him he said 90% of the time if one cow is laying all will be laying and it means they are not feeling well and is an indicator that most animals don't feel well. He doesn't know if it has anything to do with barometer, wind direction, cloudy/sunny, etc. but the only thing cows do is eat and poop and if they're laying they can't do either. I don't let this prevent me from going and neither should anyone else, I just find it a coincidence and amusing.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Hackney on bass fishing myths [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12266651 05/28/17 04:40 PM
H
H2ODawg67 Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I catch more early....and bigger fish always around 2 pm.

....and I know why!!

I'm energetic early and fish too fast, and sore mouth every dink in the lake. By 1 or 2, I've been hammering the lake for 8 hours and I'm tired, so I slow down and catch big ones.

Steez, is on the money. I don't think it's because he gets tired though. He knows to adapt and change with the conditions. Most peoples problem is they don't change. They start the day doing one thing when the fish are aggressive and it is working. The fish change so that technique dies. The fishermen don't change they just keep de

Formerly H2ODawg
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide