841469 Topics
12004892 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#12253634 - 05/19/17 02:42 PM Best Top Water Frog
Isaiah Bock Offline
Outdoorsman

Whats your favorite Top water frog and why?

#12253674 - 05/19/17 03:14 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
Rockie Martin Offline

Loc: Rockwall, Texas
Spro Jr. Leopard..... Durable and catches alot for me.....

www.RockwallMarine.com -ProStaff-BassCat
www.RockieMartin.com -Home Mortgages
www.dobynsrods.com -Dobyns Rods
www.mercurymarine.com- ProStaff

#12253713 - 05/19/17 03:46 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
ROT Angler Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Mesquite, TX
Scum Frog Popper, I've tried others at 4x the price with realistic taxidermy quality eyes etc. but I have caught a lot more fish on the Scum Frog Popper. When you are in the right area they will hit it nearly as soon as it hits the water.

#12253717 - 05/19/17 03:49 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
coachmas Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Back at Palestine
Spro popping frog. Been the best for me so I have the most confidence in it which means I throw it more. Learn how to replace legs and hooks and get plenty of life from it. Coach

#12253722 - 05/19/17 03:51 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
ko bass attack 27 Online   content
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Fritch, Tx. - Alba, Tx.
I like the Iobe.

#12254120 - 05/19/17 08:58 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
reeltexan Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Ovilla, TEXAS
Black Scum Frog, Pad Crasher - several colors, Spro Popping Frog in green pumpkin.

...because these work for me.
Bill Shakespeare

#12254437 - 05/20/17 08:00 AM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
Kyhokie Online   content
Outdoorsman

Loc: McKinney
I'm a fan of spro. Durable and decent hooks.

#12254466 - 05/20/17 08:28 AM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
LinkLowrance Offline
Angler

Loc: Wayland, TX
Spro or Booyah for me. They both create a similar presentation and I've already boated a lot of nice fish with them this year.

I have some of the River 2 Sea popping frogs that do well too, but they have their place.

I finally broke down and bought a SK Popping Perch in white/silver, but just tied it on last night so I can't comment on it yet.

#12254626 - 05/20/17 11:11 AM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: LinkLowrance]
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: Mansfield, Tx.
Originally Posted By: LinkLowrance
Spro or Booyah for me. They both create a similar presentation and I've already boated a lot of nice fish with them this year.

I have some of the River 2 Sea popping frogs that do well too, but they have their place.

I finally broke down and bought a SK Popping Perch in white/silver, but just tied it on last night so I can't comment on it yet.

Let us know if the Popping Perch does anything better than the frog. I have watched several videos on the popping perch and have heard all about how it was designed and all the pros input into making it but have yet to hear how it is better for catching fish than the frog. I haven't even seen anyone catch a fish on it yet after watching 4 different videos.

Edited by ezbassin (05/20/17 11:12 AM)

#12255031 - 05/20/17 07:28 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
Bruce Allen Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Lake Fork, Texas
I've fished a lot of frogs and have never been completely satisfied with any of them. Won't turn over, fills with water and sinks, won't hookup.

At Academy I bought a few of Booyah frogs. One in the large size and two Jr's. Flip right over, don't sink, don't get water in them and I have actually caught some bass.

I am impressed.
www.bassfin.com/

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

Contact me to schedule the LFSA Live Release Boat for your Lake Fork tournaments.

#12255060 - 05/20/17 07:44 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
m.sherman Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: eagle mountain lake
booyah pad crasher is the ones i use
they dont fill with water and i catch alot of fish with them and good price point
black with the blue legs is the color i use the most
the worst is the strike king sexy frog that is a sinking pile of [censored] save your money and buy the booyah

#12255062 - 05/20/17 07:47 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: ezbassin]
Mark Perry Online   content

Loc: Highway 1
Originally Posted By: ezbassin

Let us know if the Popping Perch does anything better than the frog. I have watched several videos on the popping perch and have heard all about how it was designed and all the pros input into making it but have yet to hear how it is better for catching fish than the frog. I haven't even seen anyone catch a fish on it yet after watching 4 different videos.

Last year before they were on the market I fished with a buddy that had a couple. He kicked my butt out of the back of my boat with it. He got bit on it when other frogs would not work.

#12255099 - 05/20/17 08:16 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Mark Perry]
Monty Wright Online   content
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Montgomery, TX
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: ezbassin

Last year before they were on the market I fished with a buddy that had a couple. He kicked my butt out of the back of my boat with it. He got bit on it when other frogs would not work.

I can't find the episode, but there is a Fishing and Hunting Texas with Clark Wendlandt episode where he fishes with Todd Castledine on Lake Naconiche that aired a few weeks back. They fished it all day. Very informative episode where Castledine talks about the PP and why they designed it

#12255201 - 05/20/17 09:25 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
FXfromTx Offline
Outdoorsman

I will go against the norm here and say that I personally prefer a Ribbit frog made by Stanley Jig Company or a similar soft plastic top water frog. Maybe it is just because I am much more confident with them, but it seems that I have a much better hookup ratio and the fish seem to like them more in my opinion. I very rarely have a fish swirl and short-strike when a soft plastic frog is tied on. When rigged properly they won't turn upside down and there is no way for them to take on water. Plus when they are reeled constantly the legs make a great kicking motion. They cost a little more, but even just the confidence boost is worth it for me. I still fish a hollow-body frog some, but rarely.

#12255223 - 05/20/17 09:59 PM Re: Best Top Water Frog [Re: Isaiah Bock]
Captain Chunk Online   content
Angler

Loc: The Hilltop
Booyah Pad Crasher or the Koppers Live Target Hollow body. Yes the Live Targets are more expensive but I've had tremendous success with them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 1998-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide