Forums59
Topics1,037,861
Posts13,935,741
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: AgSellers04] #12251126 05/18/17 10:23 AM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: AgSellers04
Originally Posted By: 04champ
Originally Posted By: 9094

while I agree with the sentiment, the 6" wake caused by a bass boat on pad is not damaging anything or throwing anyone out of a boat

A bass boat on pad doesnt throw too big a wake but it is a lot bigger than 6". Probably a foot.
I have them pass my dock all day and I can assure you it is bigger than you think. Doesn't cause me a problem but a boat sitting in heavy timber it could.

my boat doesn't even rock when a bass boat passes by on pad. come on

I'm talking about on pad, not barely on plane

I didn't mention a thing about running on pad, only about throwing a wake on someone. I personally haven't seen too many people running flat out on pad through those stump fields at Roberts. I have, however, seen plenty zig-zagging along their trails at about 50% power.

I absolutely agree with that then, I would not run close to a person fishing at that speed. If you need to pass within 30-40 yards of a stationary boat, shut it down or open it up.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: Happykamper] #12251355 05/18/17 01:53 PM
H
Hog Jaw Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
H
Correct me if I am wrong . The floating markers are for creek channel not boat lanes .

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: Hog Jaw] #12251368 05/18/17 02:01 PM
Happykamper Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Correct me if I am wrong . The floating markers are for creek channel not boat lanes .

Ray Roberts does not have any of those, that being said why would they want to mark the creek channels ?

[Linked Image]
Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: Happykamper] #12251924 05/18/17 07:24 PM
H
Hog Jaw Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
H
We have them on Lake Granbury , they have lights on them too .

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: Happykamper] #12252025 05/18/17 08:33 PM
R
Raskydoo Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I'm just so damn happy to be out there on the water getting to do what I f-ing LOVE to do!!!

Here's my take:
1) When approaching someone fishing a lane - I slow down and deliver no wake. No offense intended, but the folks stating that slowing down provides a bigger wake is bs. When I leave the ramp, or travel in marina area...rules say "No Wake", and I know how to do that.

2). When I'm fishing in/near a lane - Y'all can fly by on plane, go slow with a big wake, go slow providing no wake. I'm so damn happy to be out there I'll ride whatever wake you wanna throw my way.

Soooooo, I will adjust my wake for you - promise! You can adjust your wake for me, or not. You're not gonna get under my skin regardless of what you do (unless it crosses into a safety issue) - because I honestly feel so damn blessed just to be out there!

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: Raskydoo] #12252799 05/19/17 07:17 AM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Raskydoo
I'm just so damn happy to be out there on the water getting to do what I f-ing LOVE to do!!!

Here's my take:
1) When approaching someone fishing a lane - I slow down and deliver no wake. No offense intended, but the folks stating that slowing down provides a bigger wake is bs. When I leave the ramp, or travel in marina area...rules say "No Wake", and I know how to do that.

2). When I'm fishing in/near a lane - Y'all can fly by on plane, go slow with a big wake, go slow providing no wake. I'm so damn happy to be out there I'll ride whatever wake you wanna throw my way.

Soooooo, I will adjust my wake for you - promise! You can adjust your wake for me, or not. You're not gonna get under my skin regardless of what you do (unless it crosses into a safety issue) - because I honestly feel so damn blessed just to be out there!

This is exactly how everyone needs to view it

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: Happykamper] #12253017 05/19/17 01:36 PM
White Oak Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Even if folks would just stay on plane, go wide, when approaching those tied under bridges, etc., and just use common courtesy it would be a wonderful world seems to me. At fork there are a lot of spots very close to the lanes as we all know. But, was fishing last saturday close to the lane with my mother in law, had a moron in a green aluminum coming toward us. I was not in the lane but was maybe 50 feet from the lane in Birch south of 514, standing on the bow fishing, he could see us for a mile, he came at us, on plane, and instead of running right behind us or to the west of the buoys, he cut between us and the shore. You wanna talk about wanting to sling a 6xd at his head. Took all I had to not have a short visit with him. Next time, he and I will have a meeting of the minds. Not sure if he reads this forum, but if so, I'm the guy in the black 18' Bass Buggy. Pretty hard to miss that big ugly thing pal! thanks for your consideration.

Wasn't in the way of anyone, and I'm great with folks running on plane, slowing down, whatever they need to do. But, learn a little courtesy!

Last edited by BWBForney; 05/19/17 01:37 PM.
Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: Happykamper] #12253220 05/19/17 03:15 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I do not mind people running on pad or not I will adjust to what ever you do. The only thing that makes me real nervous. I was fishing a guide trail on Fork a few years back and had a guide running, I am guessing about 70 MPH, come right at me and a fishing buddy, with in maybe 50 yards then turn a little and passed with in maybe 40-50 yards. I do not not mind anyone passing me on pad but coming straight at us, if he had lost power he would have run over us. We where on horseshoe so plenty of room not to have to run straight at us. I guess my point is as long as everyone is safe I really do not care how people come by me. I would prefer they stay at least 50 yards but I am the one who chose to fish next to a running lane. just my .02

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12253238 05/19/17 03:27 PM
A
AgSellers04 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
I do not mind people running on pad or not I will adjust to what ever you do. The only thing that makes me real nervous. I was fishing a guide trail on Fork a few years back and had a guide running, I am guessing about 70 MPH, come right at me and a fishing buddy, with in maybe 50 yards then turn a little and passed with in maybe 40-50 yards. I do not not mind anyone passing me on pad but coming straight at us, if he had lost power he would have run over us. We where on horseshoe so plenty of room not to have to run straight at us. I guess my point is as long as everyone is safe I really do not care how people come by me. I would prefer they stay at least 50 yards but I am the one who chose to fish next to a running lane. just my .02

I can think of one particular community hole out there where the fish seem to bite every time a boat runs by on the boat lane. Its like the noise balls up the shad and runs them towards the spot and the bass are waiting. Over and over all day long. In that case, I do not mind the boat wake. I welcome it.

PBs

LMB- 11 lbs., 7 oz. Falcon

Striper- 40 lb. Long Is. Sound
BlueCat- 30 lb. Texoma
Hybrid-8.2 lb. Lewisville
Cutthroat Trout-22" Yellowstone R, WY
Rainbow Trout- 21" Blitzen R, OR
Steelhead- 8 lb. Umpqua R, OR
Redfish-20 lb. Panama C. Bay, FL

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: AgSellers04] #12253253 05/19/17 03:34 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I can think of one particular community hole out there where the fish seem to bite every time a boat runs by on the boat lane. Its like the noise balls up the shad and runs them towards the spot and the bass are waiting. Over and over all day long. In that case, I do not mind the boat wake. I welcome it.

The only part I would disagree with is their is NO community holes on Fork. They are all secret guide holes no one knows about, if you don't believe me just ask them. LOL and yes their are holes that can get stirred up when boats come through. Fork can be tough to fish and a whole lot of fun at the same time. Texas is just blessed to have so many places to fish.

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: 04champ] #12253257 05/19/17 03:36 PM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: 9094
On a lake like Roberts it is pretty unsafe to throw wake on someone, especially on the east end with all the timber. You stand a good chance of throwing someone into a stump and damaging their boat or worse yet, injuring someone. For that, you would be held legally accountable. It just isn't worth it to get to a fishing spot 10 minutes faster.

while I agree with the sentiment, the 6" wake caused by a bass boat on pad is not damaging anything or throwing anyone out of a boat

A bass boat on pad doesnt throw too big a wake but it is a lot bigger than 6". Probably a foot.
I have them pass my dock all day and I can assure you it is bigger than you think. Doesn't cause me a problem but a boat sitting in heavy timber it could.

my boat doesn't even rock when a bass boat passes by on pad. come on

I'm talking about on pad, not barely on plane

That is BS but believe what you want.

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: 921 Phoenix] #12253287 05/19/17 03:56 PM
A
AgSellers04 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A

The only part I would disagree with is their is NO community holes on Fork. They are all secret guide holes no one knows about, if you don't believe me just ask them. LOL and yes their are holes that can get stirred up when boats come through. Fork can be tough to fish and a whole lot of fun at the same time. Texas is just blessed to have so many places to fish.

Where you reckon I learned the secrets of fishing this "community hole"??? There is just something gratifying about being the only boat slaying fish while six other boats circle you like vultures all day and don't catch squat. The guys who come by and all you hear is "beep, beeeep, beep, beeeeeep!" as they GPS the spot then haul outta there are a bit humorous as well.

PBs

LMB- 11 lbs., 7 oz. Falcon

Striper- 40 lb. Long Is. Sound
BlueCat- 30 lb. Texoma
Hybrid-8.2 lb. Lewisville
Cutthroat Trout-22" Yellowstone R, WY
Rainbow Trout- 21" Blitzen R, OR
Steelhead- 8 lb. Umpqua R, OR
Redfish-20 lb. Panama C. Bay, FL

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: LakeForkGroupie] #12254742 05/20/17 06:44 PM
S
str1249 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
There are two "nice" ways to go past people who are either tied up, "spot-locking" or just Sunday cruisers: No wake, or full out. The "Boudreaus" that back off and go nose high making a 2 foot wake are doing a lot more harm than the guy blowing through making a 6" wake. Just my opinion.

Re: fishing in or near boat running lanes [Re: str1249] #12254777 05/20/17 07:24 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: str1249
There are two "nice" ways to go past people who are either tied up, "spot-locking" or just Sunday cruisers: No wake, or full out. The "Boudreaus" that back off and go nose high making a 2 foot wake are doing a lot more harm than the guy blowing through making a 6" wake. Just my opinion.

those are the plowers, LOL

#MFGA
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide