Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12239625 05/10/17 06:07 PM
L
Lloyd5 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
So, what is this debate actually about?

Is is about legal use of resources?

Or is it about illegal use of resources?

Or is it about my way of using resources is better than yours?

I see all of those being argued here.

If it's legal, it's legal.
If it's illegal, it's illegal.
No one's way is better than the other's, if it's legal.

Texas State Editor: FishExplorer http://www.fishexplorer.com/tx

http://www.amazon.com/River-Proceeds-Wou...ds=on+the+river

Warm Water Fly Fishing Nut
Re: sad. [Re: Lloyd5] #12239657 05/10/17 06:32 PM
F
Floon Swenson Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Lloyd5

I think that statement is demonstrably false.

Re: sad. [Re: cdoz35] #12239659 05/10/17 06:33 PM
D
DaleR Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: cdoz35
Originally Posted By: DaleR

I notice that you say you eat the gar you kill. What about the buffalo and carp you eat them?

Like I said I have no problem with bow fishing in and of itself. All I would like to see is an honest admission that most of these fish are not being used in and ethical, sportsman like fashion and let the chips fall where they may. It will not be people like me that question these thing that ends legal bow fishing. If anything it will be the continued killing and dumping of these fish by bow fisherman that will cause the end of it.

I still wonder why there are no pics of any bow killed fish on the Official Texas Bow Fishing Association web site. I still would like to know what they do with the hundreds and hundreds of dead gar, carp and buffalo killed in one of their tournaments.

The fish that I do not eat is pressure cooked and fed to my dogs. So yes I use 100 percent of what is caught.

I guess we can continue to beat a dead horse, but the bottom line is if what is being done is illegal then those breaking the law should be punished.

If someone is enjoying the sport within the confines of the law, then they should be left alone and not lumped in with those that are doing something illegal. Dumping fish in the river is not legal, and if I saw a fellow bow fisherman doing such a thing I would confront him and turn him in if he continued. Just because a couple of guys might do that it does not mean all of use do. I agree that this is something that needs to be stopped, BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL.

If you don't like the sport and think it is unethical, then don't attack those that are doing something that is perfectly legal. Attack the legislatures that make the laws, and push for something to change.

I am not attacking those that are doing something that is "perfectly legal".

I may be wrong however I truly believe that most bow fisherman do not eat these fish, do not truly use them for fertilizer or anything else. I believe that the vast majority of these fish are killed and dumped/wasted. I believe the old fertilizer or cat food thing is what is said but is not truly happening most of the time.

I'll ask it one more time.

Do you honestly think that most bow fisherman ethically and legally utilize the fish the kill?

And as for the pictures on the Official Texas Bow Fishing website ........ I'm not interested in your pics of fish that you shot. Yes shot you keep saying "caught" those fish are shot with an arrow they are not "caught".

I ask again why are there no pictures of peoples kills on the Official Texas Bow fishing website? I have never seen a fishing forum/club/association website that did not have lots and lots of pictures of the fish that are "caught".

Neither you nor any other bow fisherman that I have put these type questions to will fully answer. No one that supports it will openly say that they truly believe that the majority of bow fisherman not only technically legally use but also ethically use the fish they shoot.

DO you notice how no one will say what is done with the hundreds and hundreds of dead fish in one of the "fishing" tournaments. I guarantee you some one on here has read this that knows but they wont say. Why? I am betting the answer is "they are being used for fertilizer" or "dog food".

we all have our opinions and are entitled to them. If you are not doing the things that I am talking about that's great good for you. I am not talking about you then right?

Re: sad. [Re: grout-scout] #12239683 05/10/17 06:49 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Isn't the limit 1 per day?

One alligator gar per day. No limit on needlenose gar.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: sad. [Re: Floon Swenson] #12239728 05/10/17 07:23 PM
L
Lloyd5 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Floon Swenson

Please demonstrate!

Re: sad. [Re: Lloyd5] #12239741 05/10/17 07:33 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F

Please demonstrate!

Legality as the only measuring stick will leave you with less than desirable results in most endeavors. Try it, you'll see.

Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12239750 05/10/17 07:39 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral, efficient, or effective.

It's okay to call out the nonsense - not every idea or practice deserves to get equal consideration, legal or otherwise.

Re: sad. [Re: DaleR] #12239784 05/10/17 08:04 PM
T
tsspencer2887 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: cdoz35

I notice that you say you eat the gar you kill. What about the buffalo and carp you eat them?

Like I said I have no problem with bow fishing in and of itself. All I would like to see is an honest admission that most of these fish are not being used in and ethical, sportsman like fashion and let the chips fall where they may. It will not be people like me that question these thing that ends legal bow fishing. If anything it will be the continued killing and dumping of these fish by bow fisherman that will cause the end of it.

I still wonder why there are no pics of any bow killed fish on the Official Texas Bow Fishing Association web site. I still would like to know what they do with the hundreds and hundreds of dead gar, carp and buffalo killed in one of their tournaments.

The fish that I do not eat is pressure cooked and fed to my dogs. So yes I use 100 percent of what is caught.

I guess we can continue to beat a dead horse, but the bottom line is if what is being done is illegal then those breaking the law should be punished.

If someone is enjoying the sport within the confines of the law, then they should be left alone and not lumped in with those that are doing something illegal. Dumping fish in the river is not legal, and if I saw a fellow bow fisherman doing such a thing I would confront him and turn him in if he continued. Just because a couple of guys might do that it does not mean all of use do. I agree that this is something that needs to be stopped, BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL.

If you don't like the sport and think it is unethical, then don't attack those that are doing something that is perfectly legal. Attack the legislatures that make the laws, and push for something to change.

I am not attacking those that are doing something that is "perfectly legal".

I may be wrong however I truly believe that most bow fisherman do not eat these fish, do not truly use them for fertilizer or anything else. I believe that the vast majority of these fish are killed and dumped/wasted. I believe the old fertilizer or cat food thing is what is said but is not truly happening most of the time.

I'll ask it one more time.

Do you honestly think that most bow fisherman ethically and legally utilize the fish the kill?

And as for the pictures on the Official Texas Bow Fishing website ........ I'm not interested in your pics of fish that you shot. Yes shot you keep saying "caught" those fish are shot with an arrow they are not "caught".

I ask again why are there no pictures of peoples kills on the Official Texas Bow fishing website? I have never seen a fishing forum/club/association website that did not have lots and lots of pictures of the fish that are "caught".

Neither you nor any other bow fisherman that I have put these type questions to will fully answer. No one that supports it will openly say that they truly believe that the majority of bow fisherman not only technically legally use but also ethically use the fish they shoot.

DO you notice how no one will say what is done with the hundreds and hundreds of dead fish in one of the "fishing" tournaments. I guarantee you some one on here has read this that knows but they wont say. Why? I am betting the answer is "they are being used for fertilizer" or "dog food".

we all have our opinions and are entitled to them. If you are not doing the things that I am talking about that's great good for you. I am not talking about you then right?

The Texas Bowfishing Association website is simply a poorly managed website. However, at the bottom of the homepage, you will find links to the BowfishingZone Facebook page and the BowfishingCountry.com forum. I think that you'll find more pictures and get a better idea of the bow fishing community. On bowfishingCountry.com, I found several threads that were complaining about the illegal dumping of fish.

Re: sad. [Re: Floon Swenson] #12239854 05/10/17 08:57 PM
L
Lloyd5 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral, efficient, or effective.

It's okay to call out the nonsense - not every idea or practice deserves to get equal consideration, legal or otherwise.

Not following that logic. What you call moral, efficient, or effective is based on your opinion, not on "demonstrable" factors.

Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12239997 05/10/17 10:29 PM
S
slimjim Offline
Angler
Angler
S

Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12240043 05/10/17 10:57 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
^ that's mess of fish! Congrats on the kill Slim.

Re: sad. [Re: Lloyd5] #12240103 05/10/17 11:36 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
[quote=Floon Swenson]What you call moral, efficient, or effective is based on your opinion, not on "demonstrable" factors.

Except when it is demonstrable. Your blanket statement was demonstrably false. Multiple approaches to something are not automatically equal just because they are legal. I could give you hypotheticals to demonstrate that fact all day long, but I'm really assuming that's not necessary.

Re: sad. [Re: slimjim] #12240108 05/10/17 11:40 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Yeah, that kind of waste is reprehensible. There's no need to kill that many fish when they're just being discarded. These pictures illustrate perfectly why bowfishing gets such a bad reputation.

Originally Posted By: slimjim

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12240150 05/11/17 12:09 AM
S
slimjim Offline
Angler
Angler
S
For the record, I had no part in the wanton waste of those fish. Those pictures were taken directly from a bowfishing forum and are the results of a tournament.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide