Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: sad. [Re: Lloyd5] #12251321 05/18/17 01:35 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted By: Lloyd5
1. Fisherman takes home 5 legal gar, fillets them and eats the fillets - approximately 50% of the fish by weight, the rest go into the garbage.

See my earlier post quoting the relevant law. The intent must be to use the fish for consumption or bait. 'Consumption' means the food goes in your mouth.

2. Fisherman takes home 5 legal gar, throws them into compost pile, eventually they become corn which is eaten.

3. Fisherman takes 5 legal gar, throws them in ditch, raccoon family eats the fish, saves multiple frogs and snakes.

4. Fisherman takes 5 legal gar, throws them in ditch, flys proliferate, next year the rag weed in that spot is extra large.

In all of these scenarios the fish is completely returned to the eco-system. How is it that eating the fillets is of a higher quality than the others?

I'm curious, can anyone explain this with logic and not emotion?

2 through 4 are ways you dispose of trash. No intent to use the fish as food or bait in any of them.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: sad. [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12251459 05/18/17 02:51 PM
J
Jamoke Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I don't Bow fish, But if I did I wouldn't target Alligator Gar, I feel that these fish deserve some form of protection. Now Carp, buffalo and needle nose gar or spotted gar, and fresh water drum, Not so much, it seems like our lake is full of these and that they have very few if any predators once they reach a grown size. I also was raised to believe when you kill something it is either to eat or in self defense. As a Farm kid, self defense also included protecting our livestock. I believe that if any bow fisher linked in with the Asian Community or poor communities where they live, very little if any fish would go to waste, and they would have friends for life (I have done this myself with these fish I have caught by fishing). Also people who fish for catfish, will use buffalo carp or drum for bait. The length of this post and the number of responses does show that this topic deserves its own forum list. JMHO

Re: sad. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #12251477 05/18/17 02:59 PM
L
Lloyd5 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
1. Fisherman takes home 5 legal gar, fillets them and eats the fillets - approximately 50% of the fish by weight, the rest go into the garbage.

2. Fisherman takes home 5 legal gar, throws them into compost pile, eventually they become corn which is eaten.

3. Fisherman takes 5 legal gar, throws them in ditch, raccoon family eats the fish, saves multiple frogs and snakes.

4. Fisherman takes 5 legal gar, throws them in ditch, flys proliferate, next year the rag weed in that spot is extra large.

In all of these scenarios the fish is completely returned to the eco-system. How is it that eating the fillets is of a higher quality than the others?

So in your examples, basically, no matter what, a fish is not wasted because ashes to ashes right?

So laws about wasting game, of any kind, be it fish or big game, are silly then right? I mean it all goes back to the ground.

Foolish argument sir.

Not an argument, a question - what is the logic?

Texas State Editor: FishExplorer http://www.fishexplorer.com/tx

http://www.amazon.com/River-Proceeds-Wou...ds=on+the+river

Warm Water Fly Fishing Nut
Re: sad. [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12251482 05/18/17 03:00 PM
L
Lloyd5 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek

See my earlier post quoting the relevant law. The intent must be to use the fish for consumption or bait. 'Consumption' means the food goes in your mouth.

2 through 4 are ways you dispose of trash. No intent to use the fish as food or bait in any of them.

I know the law. The law does not answer my question.

Texas State Editor: FishExplorer http://www.fishexplorer.com/tx

http://www.amazon.com/River-Proceeds-Wou...ds=on+the+river

Warm Water Fly Fishing Nut
Re: sad. [Re: grout-scout] #12251629 05/18/17 04:09 PM
S
SharkBaitTV Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Dang you guys just keep suckering me back in. I have a weakness for silly responses.

You want to compare the slaughter of buffalo by the thousands to kill off/drive away the Indians? Seriously, that's where you see the current gar situation? Are there dead gar laying on the banks by the thousands while starving people cry about all the meat being spoiled? Freaking priceless example "Mr. I hook them in the guts because the state says to". But yet someone shoots a gar (also allowed by the state) and the gar gets away (which still looked very healthy by the way) and you cry about it being "sad".

Do any of you peta lovers really think that any of us or any of these fish are going to live forever? Are we not all going to be "dust to dust" at some point? Yeah, I get it. Let's conserve what God made; but hello, we all are ending up in the dirt at some point.

Lloyd, good luck getting an answer though. Their comment will be something along the lines of "it helped to nourish a persons life, so it's not as wasteful as it is for the raccoons".

Or they might come with the "well, I eat the entire gar. Yep, I eat the carcass in all; because I AM a conservationist dangit! I make soup from the bones and shoes from the hide/shell/scales/whatever you call it"!

i couldn't read this without laughing at your ignorance.

"Conservation is the preservation of life on earth, and that, above all else, is worth fighting for."
Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12251636 05/18/17 04:10 PM
S
SharkBaitTV Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
and then the laughter turned to sadness because there are thousands who think just like you.

"Conservation is the preservation of life on earth, and that, above all else, is worth fighting for."
Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12252369 05/19/17 12:14 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
cry

Re: sad. [Re: SharkBaitTV] #12252637 05/19/17 02:43 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: SharkBaitTV
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Dang you guys just keep suckering me back in. I have a weakness for silly responses.

You want to compare the slaughter of buffalo by the thousands to kill off/drive away the Indians? Seriously, that's where you see the current gar situation? Are there dead gar laying on the banks by the thousands while starving people cry about all the meat being spoiled? Freaking priceless example "Mr. I hook them in the guts because the state says to". But yet someone shoots a gar (also allowed by the state) and the gar gets away (which still looked very healthy by the way) and you cry about it being "sad".

Do any of you peta lovers really think that any of us or any of these fish are going to live forever? Are we not all going to be "dust to dust" at some point? Yeah, I get it. Let's conserve what God made; but hello, we all are ending up in the dirt at some point.

Lloyd, good luck getting an answer though. Their comment will be something along the lines of "it helped to nourish a persons life, so it's not as wasteful as it is for the raccoons".

Or they might come with the "well, I eat the entire gar. Yep, I eat the carcass in all; because I AM a conservationist dangit! I make soup from the bones and shoes from the hide/shell/scales/whatever you call it"!

i couldn't read this without laughing at your ignorance.

You might want to fix the spelling of "Milky Way" in your location though, makes you look unintelligent.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide