Forums59
Topics1,039,128
Posts13,959,676
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12195282 04/12/17 01:00 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
I sure wish that "eating sugar items," and "eating late, right before bed," were both considered "eating better."

...------

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Indianation65] #12195352 04/12/17 01:25 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Indianation65
I sure wish that "eating sugar items," and "eating late, right before bed," were both considered "eating better."

...------

I'm bad about it, we keep a lot of sweet snack type stuff on hand for the kids lunches that's super tempting late at night. I've got to were if I crave something after supper, I'll just eat an orange and drink a big glass of water and that usually fixes it. Crazy how the brain works.

Thankfully my wife has decided she wants to lose some weight so there's some accountability at our house now.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12195376 04/12/17 01:32 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
I usually eat the salty stuff before bed, all carbs, like a bowl of popcorn, which is my favorite food ever.

Eating that much before sleeping isn't wise, but I do it regularly.

Luckily I work out, or I'd look a lot different.

If I cut out "my list of bad health choices," I'd look like the pix in high school biology books. We all would, all muscle, no fat...

...------

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12195511 04/12/17 02:28 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I've been eating a ton of natural PB on organic (low sugar) animal cookies after dinner as my "sweet". Usually one serving of cookies and about 1 cup of PB. LOL!

Before dinner it's been shelled peanuts and pretzels (0 fat).

Try to stay away from the processed snacks. Cheetos (I am like a kid when it comes to those, eat the whole bag if I wanted), candy (Easter is here and the bucket is full after 2 egg hunts), ice cream (I do break down once in awhile), chocolate laden cookies, ect.

My appetite is at an all time high.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12213965 04/24/17 07:17 PM
diggerwolf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
I've been eating a ton of natural PB on organic (low sugar) animal cookies after dinner as my "sweet". Usually one serving of cookies and about 1 cup of PB. LOL!

Try to stay away from the processed snacks. Cheetos (I am like a kid when it comes to those, eat the whole bag if I wanted), candy (Easter is here and the bucket is full after 2 egg hunts), ice cream (I do break down once in awhile), chocolate laden cookies, ect.

It's all those carbs that are spiking your insulin and subsequently your appetite. Cut out the PB, peanuts (peanuts are legumes, not nuts/seeds), animal cookies (organic or not), and pretzels.

Dietary fat does not make you fat; carbohydrates make you fat.

Most foods labeled "zero fat" or "low fat" are loaded with sugar or -worse- high fructose corn syrup.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: diggerwolf] #12215013 04/25/17 12:02 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Fearless Leader

It's all those carbs that are spiking your insulin and subsequently your appetite. Cut out the PB, peanuts (peanuts are legumes, not nuts/seeds), animal cookies (organic or not), and pretzels.

Dietary fat does not make you fat; carbohydrates make you fat.

Most foods labeled "zero fat" or "low fat" are loaded with sugar or -worse- high fructose corn syrup.

I agree with you, but I workout (swim, bike, run) 7 days a week(typically 1-2 hours a day). If I don't eat enough I will waste away...I have the opposite problem most people do....but it's cause I burn lots of calories. I need a few carbs.

I will say, the PB I buy is only nuts.....no sugar, no oil, nothing else. Its a healthy fat that I can consume....so my wife says.

I've gained about 6-8 pounds since I started eating more (at peak of my workouts I had lost 5 lbs and wasn't needing to loose anymore, so I began to eat more and went up 6-8lbs) ....muscles are starting to build up instead of eating them away. Of course my diet is rich in protein.

Most people should not listen to my diet......since most don't burn the calories like I do. Well....atleast on the TFF.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12215017 04/25/17 12:06 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
BTW eating no sugar PB and no fat pretzels is better than eating chocolate cookies, Lay's chips, ice cream, ect. If you plan on eating 'bad'....select the less worse. smile

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12215196 04/25/17 01:48 PM
diggerwolf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
BTW eating no sugar PB and no fat pretzels is better than eating chocolate cookies, Lay's chips, ice cream, ect. If you plan on eating 'bad'....select the less worse. smile

True, there are worse choices.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" ― Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12215902 04/25/17 06:01 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Sure, there are those choices that are considered worse.

However, anything that is considered a "diet" version, or low-sugar or "reduced this or that" has a terrible "taste or texture," therefore, I would not get any pleasure in eating it at all.

There is a reason bad foods, high-calorie foods are considered bad, they "taste good"!

...------

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12217295 04/26/17 03:01 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
https://gma.yahoo.com/bestselling-author...-wellness.html#

Good little deal they had on GMA this morning. Video isn't that long.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12217459 04/26/17 04:11 PM
C
COFF Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
If you've ever actually looked at the carb levels in beer, it's not that bad. Unfortunately alcohol is turned to sugar as your liver breaks it down so there is no magic solution to your problem.

Stay away from mixed drinks because they are just sugar stirred in with sugar. If you want to cut out beer, then switch to whiskey with water. You sip it, not chug it so it will go down just like the beer.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: COFF] #12217622 04/26/17 05:33 PM
diggerwolf Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: COFF
If you've ever actually looked at the carb levels in beer, it's not that bad. Unfortunately alcohol is turned to sugar as your liver breaks it down so there is no magic solution to your problem.

Stay away from mixed drinks because they are just sugar stirred in with sugar. If you want to cut out beer, then switch to whiskey with water. You sip it, not chug it so it will go down just like the beer.

G2 and Tito's. You're welcome.

Re: Just statred eating better and working out. Here's the question... [Re: Jamaica] #12232175 05/05/17 01:42 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Jamaica
Yesterday I tried something different, I skipped evening work out. Felt way better this morning for the workout. I think I'll do that for a while and see the results.

I just came across your original post and read through to here. Noticed several items I will PM you about. I am not sure your age but recovery becomes a bigger deal post high school/college. It gets even more important when you hit your 30's and 40's....trust me! What you experienced is your bodies natural response to better recovery by taking off the evening session. Increase you h2o intake (I'll send you the calculation to make it specific to you.) and you can have that beer or 3 including yeast. You live in Shiner. It's sacrilegious to go beerless.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide