Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12236525 05/08/17 07:26 PM
Ted Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
are the captains allowed to fish during the T? that seems crazy to me, and would certainly invite temptation to share a fish.

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Ted Martin] #12236555 05/08/17 07:46 PM
L
lodell23 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
are the captains allowed to fish during the T? that seems crazy to me, and would certainly invite temptation to share a fish.
Not during regionals and state

Texas A&M '22
Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12243012 05/12/17 06:27 PM
R
redskeeter190 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
In the tournaments my guys fish.....there was a report of cheating.....they confessed....and weren't allowed to fish the tournaments the remainder of the year....then the report got to BASS.....it's possible, these kids may NEVER fish a BASS sanctioned event again.....

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: redskeeter190] #12243022 05/12/17 06:34 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: redskeeter190
In the tournaments my guys fish.....there was a report of cheating.....they confessed....and weren't allowed to fish the tournaments the remainder of the year....then the report got to BASS.....it's possible, these kids may NEVER fish a BASS sanctioned event again.....

Always consequences to actions.

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12243330 05/12/17 11:16 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
we will be placing the punishments in the rules for 2017/2018 real soon. Until they are finalized I will not post or comment but it will be more than a slap on the wrist, I promise.

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12243592 05/13/17 02:50 AM
RedBarn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
....as it should be. The captain should be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!!

Ephesians 1:7
Re: What a shame!!! [Re: RedBarn] #12244077 05/13/17 05:13 PM
txsuperman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Alan Denson
....as it should be. The captain should be charged and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!!

^^^^^THIS

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12244190 05/13/17 08:22 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
There were two kids on a different team that fished with a guide 6 days prior to one of the tournaments. They were asked at weigh in but lied and said they had not fished with the guide. I talked to the boat captain that witnessed it and was neighbors with the guide and has known him for a very long time. The kids finished around 3rd I think. I didn't witness it myself but two kids in our club know them and saw them plus their boat captain informed me about it. I stayed out of it but it's a shane some people refuse to follow the rules. If I catch any of our members cheating they won't be in the club any more. The adults definitely know better and should show leadership to our youth.

Last edited by C130; 05/13/17 08:23 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: What a shame!!! [Re: C130] #12244238 05/13/17 09:40 PM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
In a instance like this please report to the Tournament director and we will investigate to find the truth. It might not be resolved right then but it would be resolved.
Originally Posted By: C130
There were two kids on a different team that fished with a guide 6 days prior to one of the tournaments. They were asked at weigh in but lied and said they had not fished with the guide. I talked to the boat captain that witnessed it and was neighbors with the guide and has known him for a very long time. The kids finished around 3rd I think. I didn't witness it myself but two kids in our club know them and saw them plus their boat captain informed me about it. I stayed out of it but it's a shane some people refuse to follow the rules. If I catch any of our members cheating they won't be in the club any more. The adults definitely know better and should show leadership to our youth.

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12245057 05/14/17 05:25 PM
D
Dswindall Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
In support of Ken and what the TXHSBA is trying to promote please report this type of "violations" to them hopefully on the day so the tournament but at least soon after. I volunteer my time to captain two boys in the LISD (yes one is my son) and try to invest the time to show them the right way to fish tournaments including courtesy which is another issue with many boaters in today's world. If we allow this type of behavior to continue we are ruining the sport and our children's lives from promoting bad behavior.

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12245061 05/14/17 05:28 PM
D
Dswindall Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
For clarification of my post "promoting bad behavior" it is the behavior of the captains who are doing it that are promoting it not you guys

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Ken Starling] #12273951 06/01/17 10:30 PM
stringwise Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: Ken Starling
we will be placing the punishments in the rules for 2017/2018 real soon. Until they are finalized I will not post or comment but it will be more than a slap on the wrist, I promise.

I would love to know who's idea it was to let captains fish during the regular season tournaments? I captained one tournament for my son and his co-angler and saw so many cheating dads I said this is the last one of these I will fish unless things change. WOW!!!

The temptation is too strong I suppose when old pops sticks a 5 pounder to toss it back in the lake where it belongs with that livewell sitting right there and his kid's reputation on the line. Really left me with a feeling of not wanting to be a part of this again.

I feel like you all need to decide if you want to make tournaments a competition or a way to get kids involved in fishing. They are very different paths and it appears that the solution for now is to try to do both at the same time. I think I would rather see kids not fish than learn how to cheat from their boat captain.

I've heard the argument about the challenge in finding captains if they can't fish all day. Maybe there will be fewer entries but at the end of the day the winner will be the winner.

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: stringwise] #12274035 06/01/17 11:26 PM
RedBarn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: stringwise

I would love to know who's idea it was to let captains fish during the regular season tournaments? I captained one tournament for my son and his co-angler and saw so many cheating dads I said this is the last one of these I will fish unless things change. WOW!!!

The temptation is too strong I suppose when old pops sticks a 5 pounder to toss it back in the lake where it belongs with that livewell sitting right there and his kid's reputation on the line. Really left me with a feeling of not wanting to be a part of this again.

I feel like you all need to decide if you want to make tournaments a competition or a way to get kids involved in fishing. They are very different paths and it appears that the solution for now is to try to do both at the same time. I think I would rather see kids not fish than learn how to cheat from their boat captain.

I've heard the argument about the challenge in finding captains if they can't fish all day. Maybe there will be fewer entries but at the end of the day the winner will be the winner.

First off.......not all captains that fish in the THSBA regular season tournaments are cheats...........and second, did you report all the "Cheating Dads" that you saw to the tournament directors???

Ephesians 1:7
Re: What a shame!!! [Re: RedBarn] #12275241 06/02/17 04:41 PM
C
ClintYeager Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Originally Posted By: Alan Denson
Originally Posted By: stringwise

First off.......not all captains that fish in the THSBA regular season tournaments are cheats...........and second, did you report all the "Cheating Dads" that you saw to the tournament directors???

More than likely the captains you saw fishing were entered in the 'Captains side Pot', which would explain him culling a smaller fish in the live well during the regular season tournaments. Aside from a couple of competitors that have been caught out of 600 plus teams, I'd say 99% of the participants are compliant to the rules. I've been captaining my son's team for 3 seasons and we haven't missed a tournament (this includes Regional & State for all 3), other than the occasional 'fishing too close' to each other or arguing over a spot, I haven't witnessed any of what is being mentioned. THSBA has been exemplary in regards to organizing & executing 23 tournaments across the state this Season, and that feat should be what is recognized.

Thank you Tim, Ken, Steve, Matt and ALL the Guys & Gals who make this happen.
Clint Yeager

Re: What a shame!!! [Re: Hoghunter36] #12275248 06/02/17 04:49 PM
E
elrod Offline
Angler
Angler
E
I have captained for my kids and others when needed. I will fish but only to show them or help find a pattern. I try not to hook any fish but sometime it happens and they go back in water. I never inter the captains pot because I fill that it takes away a fish they could have caught. Most of my time is showing new ways to work there bait to help them and show them good fish practice when on water.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide