Forums59
Topics1,040,202
Posts13,977,339
Members144,232
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12161135 03/28/17 01:31 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Anybody from the east Texas ot tourney should qualify and definitely needs help in one way or another lol.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12161139 03/28/17 01:33 AM
Okie Poke Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Awesome, Tommy! You go, dude. Proud of you and proud for you! I've got a few loads of stuff to haul off if you decide to get real froggy, haha. Keep it up!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12206525 04/19/17 01:01 PM
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
My weight has pretty much leveled out, last night was 183 so I just started phase 2 of my fitness program. I feel like me and the wife are doing a lot better diet wise and I feel a lot better with some small changes in eating and drinking especially replacing all of the diet sodas I used to drink with water and Mio. Because of our plan of being strict during the week on what we eat and just doing what we want on weekends I have realized we are even making better choices when we go out or cook out on Saturday and Sunday. Healthy eating isn't so bad and mostly when we do splurge we don't eat as much as in the past.
Phase 2 - Piyo. My wife started on this program a few weeks back and after she got everything down I started my first time last night. Watching the video I didn't really think it would be any big deal. Looked like a combination of stretching yoga type stuff. But when I actually started doing just the fundamentals after about 25 minuites of just trying to learn the basics I found out how demanding it is and was really building up a sweat. I am just trying to memorize and learn the basic moves and I realized that unlike during my stretching and fastpitch softball playing days I am really tight and not flexible at all anymore. Once I get all of the stances and moves down and really start doing the actual program this is going to really be a tough workout but I really like how it is designed to really stretch and more importantly build up your strength and cardio all in the same workout. The holding of different poses that looks so easy turned out to be really tough. Last night really gave me motivation because of how hard I realized this is going to be on this old body but also made me realize just how good it will be for me down the road.
Phase 2 begins. If only all of this could help me catch a good quality bass. I am feeling great fishing these days but I am stuck with not getting quality bites. Back when I was fishing all of the time I was at least stumbling up on a good fish every now and then but I have not stuck a fish over 5 lbs all year yet and it is driving me crazy. Oh well, that's fishing.

[Linked Image]
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12206564 04/19/17 01:17 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That sounds like a job well done. I know nothing about yoga and that type of stuff, but back when I my wife was into it, I remember her saying how demanding it was.

I think I've pretty much leveled off as well for the time being. I've dipped below 220 a few times lately but I think it's going to take major changes to get below 215 or lower. Right now I'm doing a ok job of eating healthy but trying to make up for it with exercise, and bike riding, and a little running.

Each month I'm going for 100 miles on the bike, 10 miles running, and whatever cardio exercises I can get in.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12206694 04/19/17 02:29 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Watch my "Yoga for Cycling" video I posted. Good stuff! It's helped me. I wish I had time for that video every couple days after a hard session. I do odd and end stuff that I learned on that video and it's amazing how far my flexibility has come since then.

The local brewery has a once a month yoga class. I'm real tempted to go. They said its got about 1/3 of them are men....so I wouldn't feel too weird and creepy.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251297 05/18/17 01:19 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
How's it going ya'll? Bikini season is getting close....ya'll ready? banana

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251318 05/18/17 01:33 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Dusted off the 10X50's and made the Speedo purchase. I'm ready! cool

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251439 05/18/17 02:42 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This morning I weighed in at 216. That's where I was around the time I rode the HHH last year, but I think I'm in alot better shape this time. Muscles are much more defined, and I can ride/run faster, further, than I could then as well. I think if I keep doing what I've been doing for the past few weeks, I'll keep losing weight, and gaining muscle.

Been doing those shakes/tea for lunch for about the past 2 or 3 weeks and feel great.

I ordered a size large 1 piece tri-suit the other day, and it fits surprisingly well. If not for a little bit of extra skin around the love handles I'm pretty happy with it. All my pants are too big these days, even ones I got last summer.

If the weather holds off I'm supposed to do my first tri this Saturday, we'll see how it goes...

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251610 05/18/17 04:02 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Pool swim? Good luck!

Go practice a brick run after a bike ride, they call it the transition run....takes about 5 minutes to get your legs running and not going in circles like pedaling. Also practice T1 (coming out of pool wet and trying to put on bike gear...helmet first!) and T2 (jumping off bike before the line, running with bike (turns too) and putting bike gear up and running shoes on)....getting gear on and ready as fast as you can. Simplify it if possible. You Tube will give you some ideas to use.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251615 05/18/17 04:05 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I did the flying dismount a month ago in my race. I thought it can't be too hard. It went well I thought....until about 15 mins after the run, cooling down with breakfast and chocolate milk....I felt a warm sensation that was wet in my sock. I pulled off my shoe and found out I stumped my 4th toe on the dismount (catching it on the concrete just wrong). My whole sock was a bloody mess. I was so "fired" up on the run I didn't notice it. Fun stuff! Next time I will put on the brake a bit more!

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Nocona Brian] #12251662 05/18/17 04:25 PM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: NoconaBrian
This morning I weighed in at 216. That's where I was around the time I rode the HHH last year, but I think I'm in alot better shape this time. Muscles are much more defined, and I can ride/run faster, further, than I could then as well. I think if I keep doing what I've been doing for the past few weeks, I'll keep losing weight, and gaining muscle.

Been doing those shakes/tea for lunch for about the past 2 or 3 weeks and feel great.

I ordered a size large 1 piece tri-suit the other day, and it fits surprisingly well. If not for a little bit of extra skin around the love handles I'm pretty happy with it. All my pants are too big these days, even ones I got last summer.

If the weather holds off I'm supposed to do my first tri this Saturday, we'll see how it goes...

Same question as BB Texan - Pool swim or open water? If open what body of water? Congrats on increasing lean mass too.

[Linked Image]
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251687 05/18/17 04:49 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I've done a handfull of brick workouts, they're a whipping. The swim is going to be in the lazy river at the water park here, they're going to send folks off in waves, fastest first. I'm hoping by the time I get in they'll have it flowing pretty good and it'll pull me along. hammer

I think I've got my transitions figured out, no wetsuit, and I'm not messing with any jersey or shorts so besides shoes, and the helmet I don't have much to mess with. I put those lace locks on my running shoes so I don't even have to bother with tying them.

As for the bike mount & dismount, I'm not going to do it where you keep your shoes clipped in. I'm just going to put'em on when I get out of the water and go. I've tried putting them on while pedaling on the trainer and it doesn't work good with my shoes. Those seconds potentially saved aren't worth the risk of eating it, at this point.

Becoming a faster swimmer is where I've got the most potential to get faster, I've got terrible form. Been watching videos all morning, no better time to learn proper technique than a day before.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251810 05/18/17 06:16 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
If it's a lazy river, just dog paddle along and let the current work for you. My first tri I walked 200 meters....5 mins 15 seconds. 15 seconds faster than I expected!

Those swim videos can leave you confused....since you can't see yourself in the water...it's all based on assumptions of this and that!

I was told to look at these videos. Coach told me that yesterday. I'm trying to fine tune mine....so hard not knowing what you actually look like in the water.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tiswim

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12251812 05/18/17 06:17 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Get you a brick run in tonight!! Rest tomorrow.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12253398 05/19/17 04:54 PM
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Anybody do an alternative training session on bad weather days?

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide