OK - I had 5 smaller trout filets left Friday night.
Layed 2 side by side, put on the crab n' shrimp stuffing then laid 2 more filets on top.
Did the same thing with 1 trout filet and then I had 4 tail sections left after trimming other filets and they worked great to lay on top.
Cooked up real well and viola more stuffed trout.CAPT. REX's STUFFED FLOUNDER or TROUT RECIPE***
I used Alaskan King Crab that we broke down to make lump the crab meat.***
I used ~ 15 count sized shrimp.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted.
2. Add the shrimp and season with salt and Old Bay (to taste). Sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place mixture into a bowl. Gently stir in the crabmeat, then the bread crumbs a little at a time, adding more as needed to gently bind. Set aside to cool.
3. Generously place equal amounts of stuffing inside each fillet. (alternatively, you can place one or two fillet on the baking sheet, place filling atop the fillet, then place another on top, or off to the side, to resemble a pocket of stuffing).
4. Place the fish on a baking dish. Drizzle the fish with the butter and sprinkle with lemon juice. Sprinkle top of fish with salt, black pepper and paprika. Put pats of butter on top.
5. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until fish is cooked thru. Remove the fish from the oven and serve.Stuffing
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped fine
1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
4 - 6 ounces shrimp, chopped fine (1/2 cup)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
6 ounces lump crabmeat (or more if desired)
3 -4 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, more as needed Fish
1 whole, deboned flounder or trout filets
4 tablespoons real butter, melted or put pats of real butter on top
3 tablespoons real lemon juice
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons paprika
1 lemon, cut into wedges for garnish