Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
Originally Posted By: BoomBoom
Originally Posted By: Corey Stanley
To help them from getting beat on too bad, before you make a long run in rough water you can put a plug in the over flow hole and fill the live well to the top, this will help with a lot less of the water sloshing back and forth. It will at least work if your livewell lid has a latch that holds the lid shut, prob wont work well on like the old champion lids that just shut without a latch.

I know several of the elite guys do this when running some of the really big water.

I have a plug in the over-flow hole at all times. Just don't forget to turn your livewell fill button off. I've caught a bass, put it in the livewell, hit the fill button, only to turn around later and see water all over the back deck lids because i forgot to turn the fill button off. sick

Been there done that. My Nitro doesn't have a lip on the back hatches and they have the plastic pull out bins in them (I guess that's what they're for, to be able to dump the water out). So the water just flows into the side storage hatches. hammer

Did it for the first time in the Skeeter last weekend. Learned they overflow to the bilge like they should... jack

Last edited by David Burton; 04/11/17 03:34 AM.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive