Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,183
Posts13,960,489
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Humminbird GPS/Sonar Course & Richland-Chambers learn the lake Tour #12167230 03/31/17 03:36 PM
C
Capt Craig Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Learn Your Humminbird GPS/Sonar Electronics Course

Todays fishing electronics can be incredibly complex. They do amazing things and provide incredible detail about what is under the waters surface. Not all brands are the same. Not all units work the same. Some require the factory settings to be adjusted in order to provide the best detail.

Learn what settings do what and how to adjust them to fit your needs. After all adjustments are made, sometimes the angler still needs help interpreting what they see on the screen and relating it to what is happening under the waters surface. I can help you choose the right unit, adjust the settings, and learn to use it. These skills are very important to being successful on the water.

Course: Minimum 2 hour class
Cost: $50 per hour

Learn the Lake Tour

Richland-Chambers is the 3rd largest lake to lie completely within the state and we have over 330 miles of shoreline. Tip to tip the length of the lake is 38 miles. Like all lakes, there are areas that are extremely shallow and areas of danger due to stumps and underwater hazards.

In the Learn the Lake Tour, I will board your boat and we will drive the lake. I will show you the route as we travel up the Chambers arm to the safest northern point that I recommend going. I will identify the correct route to travel east on the Richland arm to the safest eastern point that I recommend going. We will also cover the main body of the lake. We will visit 3 Marinas and identify the correct entry and exit areas to avoid underwater obstructions and on water fueling operations. I will show you great areas to fish and areas that are low risk for waterskiing and tubing and for letting people swim.

It is important to have a GPS/Sonar unit on your boat to allow you to mark spots we go and the hazards to avoid. If you do not have a unit, please contact me before going out and buying a unit. In addition, you will need a mapping card such as Navionics or Lakemaster in order for your unit to show detailed underwater contours.

Tour: 4 hours; a full tank of gas is needed and refueling may be necessary
Cost: $300

I am a US Coast Guard licensed charter Captain and have been fishing for more than 40 years, operating a boat for nearly 30 years and working as a professional guide for 10 years. I live on Richland-Chambers.

I love to spend time on the water boating and fishing. I also love to help others learn to enjoy our lake as well. Boating and fishing are both very enjoyable when done safely. I offer courses and information that can provide you with knowledge and hands-on experience to make you more comfortable on the water.

Capt. Craig Copeland
Licensed by the US Coast Guard

2019 Nautic Star 215 XTS Shallow Bay Boat
Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
Nautic Star Boats Pro Staff (nauticstarboats.com)
Redneck Fish'n Jigs Pro Staff (redneckfishn.com)
Re: Humminbird GPS/Sonar Course & Richland-Chambers learn the lake Tour [Re: Capt Craig] #12167667 03/31/17 07:58 PM
J
JackieF Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Sounds like some great learning opportunities. thumb

Re: Humminbird GPS/Sonar Course & Richland-Chambers learn the lake Tour [Re: Capt Craig] #12170190 04/02/17 07:03 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Sounds like something I will be doing sometime this summer or early fall...

Re: Humminbird GPS/Sonar Course & Richland-Chambers learn the lake Tour [Re: Capt Craig] #12170841 04/03/17 01:52 AM
C
Capt Craig Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I would love to help you out when you are ready Crapicat

Capt. Craig Copeland

Re: Humminbird GPS/Sonar Course & Richland-Chambers learn the lake Tour [Re: Capt Craig] #12170927 04/03/17 02:43 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Over a decade ago I started to learn the lake (spent a couple of years fishing there), then up and sold the boat i used for that lake...didn't realize my mistake until I tried my new boat on that lake...only made that mistake one time! Had to sit behind the RR trestle by the cement plant for about 4 hours till the wind died down, then travel back to Midway after dark with just running lights. A real PIA fishing trip. LOL

I picked up a boat that will handle travel on the lake in reasonable conditions, and am in the process of rigging it out, when I am not fishing or tending to work projects...so i will probably chase you up when I get happy with everything...I really need the safe travel routes on the lake, particularly the mid and upper ends of both creek arms.

Re: Humminbird GPS/Sonar Course & Richland-Chambers learn the lake Tour [Re: Capt Craig] #12181554 04/04/17 02:10 AM
C
Capt Craig Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Easy to teach sonar, when the graph looks like this.

Capt. Craig Copeland

Re: Humminbird GPS/Sonar Course & Richland-Chambers learn the lake Tour [Re: Capt Craig] #12182783 04/04/17 07:06 PM
L
Luke98 Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Think I will sell my wife and move to RC so I can see these kinda stacks again lol

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide