Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Toledo bend grass killing [Re: Blackncharteuse] #12169699 04/02/17 02:17 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R

Originally Posted By: Blackncharteuse
Ray Bob I'm sooo sorry for having pictures of the same turtle and for not including the picture of a dozen more

Thanks for your apology. . . . the angles and distance seemed an attempt to display differing dead turtles ... I am still wondering why the same one twice when there's hundreds but not a big deal.

I'm just trying to educate myself on why they killed every single blade of grass on the lake I could really care less about the turtles or Sam Rayburn.

There was a multiple page thread on this last week, try the "Search" option.

Well, you originally posted concerns on fish populations AND you mentioned the turtles, I was just giving an example through my experience of the rise and fall of and the effect cover has, which, again, you seemed dismayed at .... there is a correlation on water bodies and even though you weren't concerned about similarities regarding Rayburn there were over 1,000 people on the "Bass Fishing" board and any number might have been reading this and might see a correlation with their home waters. Thus I posted a local large public water that has seen similar situations. You sure seem to be resistant to education for someone claiming to want to be educated. Sometimes education is learning by example. Capiche?

What a person legally keeps has nothing to do with this conversation even though I'm a coonass and haven't kept a bass in 20 years.

Again, you were lamenting potential declines in fish populations. Taking more than the resource can stand lends to population declines. You being a coonass and not keeping your bass catch is quite the exception wouldn't you agree? (I fished La. waters for years).

Here is your 3rd post. My original post in this thread was an attempt to address some of your concerns from your 1st 3 posts.

I could really care less about the turtles

It's not about where and how you are able to catch fish today tomorrow or next year it's about the endless miles of grass the fry was able to get protection in. The last few years have had great spawns but it's going to be tough in the near future not only for bass but bream and sacalait as well. Heard from many of the people spraying that they NEEDED TO SPRAY ALL THE CHEMICALS THEY HAD even after most grass was already killed. Another thing I've notice while site fishing and walking banks is the large amounts of turtle carcasses in different areas of the lake

Then multiple pictures of "large amounts of turtle carcasses".

Have a good one young feller!

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Toledo bend grass killing [Re: Blackncharteuse] #12169719 04/02/17 02:28 PM
T
Troyz Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Somebody sure seems to be in a bad mood today.....

Re: Toledo bend grass killing [Re: Blackncharteuse] #12169764 04/02/17 02:55 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Save a bass, kill a coonass! roflmao

Saw a thing on Facebook the other day where a dude and his bud had 16 big bass on a nail board ready to filet, said they had several good days in a row. grill

Re: Toledo bend grass killing [Re: RayBob] #12169802 04/02/17 03:14 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: RayBob
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Actually the corps on Rayburn is very concerned with the impact of spraying and take precautions to limit any collateral damage

Jaret, is there still salvinia on Rayburn. I know traditionally it was back in Coleman. Wondering if it has been eliminated.

It hasn't been eliminated. I doubt they will ever eliminate it. Every time we get a big rain it washes some in the lake from the river and bayous and creeks. I haven't seen it out of hand anywhere but it's just getting to peak growing season for it so it will choke a few of the creeks up towards the back of them.

Re: Toledo bend grass killing [Re: Blackncharteuse] #12169842 04/02/17 03:38 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
You can never get rid of it imo due to the countless areas it can hide in brush, haygrass, etc. All you can do is manage it. It's all over midlake Rayburn and north in small amounts but that doesn't hurt anything. I think the big concern is for it to explode in growth and take over the entire creek. I don't ever seeing that happen especially the lower end of Rayburn where water quality is best.

Re: Toledo bend grass killing [Re: Blackncharteuse] #12170959 04/03/17 03:00 AM
B
Blackncharteuse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
A. I said dozens but I wouldn't expect a redneck like you to be able to read . I didn't take the pictures.
B. I don't need your example of similar lakes
C. See Caney lake
The amount of fish anyone takes legally has nothing to do with why they killed all the grass but you can keep make long paragraphs to boost your ego all day and it still means nothing for answering my question capiche
Sleep tight boy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide